How can i return to old version.this one 10.8.31.4 sucks.
    Thanks.
    03-17-16 10:25 AM
    First, Delete the current version you've installed, then Download Blackberry Beta zone through blackberry world.

Blackberry Beta Zone has Facebook App your looking for.

If you do not want to download blackberry beta zone, then you need to download the Facebook Bar file and install it using sachesi or sideload it using chrome browser BB10 / PlayBook App Manager extension.
    03-17-16 11:04 AM
    Thanks.
    I would not recommend this as the App will stop working from the 31st of March 2016.

It may help in the very short term but you will inevitably use the same Facebook App you using now in 3 weeks time.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    03-17-16 11:50 AM
    31st of March is the last day. May be look for some alternative facebook apps in BlackBerry world!

 SE Passport 10.3.2.2876
    03-17-16 12:00 PM
    I would not recommend this as the App will stop working from the 31st of March 2016.

It may help in the very short term but you will inevitably use the same Facebook App you using now in 3 weeks time.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    I just bought face10 yesterday, seems snappy and hub related although battery seems less and only thing downloaded. I was one of few who was fine with the old FB app via BBW! I won't update. I actually was just going to create my own thread to ask how I cab extract the old FB .bar as I didn't upgrade and wanted to share but seen this post right at the top!

I do believe it will stop working overtime as it has been but how cab they know the exact date? They lied to use before, I b et it still functions thereafter as in the old one ...

As in the old saying goes, don't believe everything you read on BBW as find it funny they took the time to write that synopsis for the FB update but the major run time issue they just slapped it up there over top the old synopsis as In well, you guys figure it out!

I can't say it enough BB10 is the greatest OS of all time hence why I will use this passport until the wheels for off and I an glad to have the time I have with it to one day tell my grandkids, lol! It's worth it! Also, google will never give them an agreement for full service with Google playstore, etc as they to know BB10 is a far superior OS hands down!

Screw you priv! I would of thought after coming so darn far and so many trials and tribulations with BB10 and such die hard's they would least do the general maintenance to keep BB10 alive on the back burner whilst they get their money from Google instead of tricking google they are being g tricked into abandoning the greatest OS of all time! Wish a millionaire like gates would see the value and take over but to destroy it but to endorse it and keep it going. Blackberry is now to afraid as it is either go head first in with droid or back to BB10 they will choose the safer option which is the wrong one, option three as mentioned above is the smartest! They don't wanna spend a cent on BlackBerry 10 I bet the reason the two security upgrades were promised is cause they are already done while they sell off the stock!

Through it all I am still with them and love this Passport with BB10! App gaps, closed between community devs and BlackBerry as well as mostly everything else however to rub away bow? Really?...

With all that said I understand blackberry is in a tough spots with money they need a save BB10 donation that if they reach the goal it works if they do not everybody gets refunded, I think they would be surprised! There are many BlackBerry 10 die hards and passports, classics, q 10's - even Z tens, etc; all over however they are spread thin on this beautiful earth of ours from China to America and beyond however that can make advertising very tough and even more costly, they need money is what it cones down to! money that if they built some trust with us back with a few things like a facebook team, paying off whatsapp to stick around that they would probably be able to get via go fund me!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 12:11 PM
    Thanks.
    Try Tinfoil For Facebook in Googleplay it will NOT disappoint!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 03:17 PM
    I do believe it will stop working overtime as it has been but how cab they know the exact date? They lied to use before, I b et it still functions thereafter as in the old one ...
    Facebook didn't develop the BB10 FB app - BB did that themselves, based on the (now several year old) public APIs that FB had released. FB announced months ago that those old APIs were no longer going to be supported as of 3/31/16 - they're going to shut off support for them. Thus, any third-party app for any platform that used those APIs will no longer work.

FB, of course, has access to the new APIs, and their first-party apps are already using those APIs, so they'll be fine. The problem is that FB doesn't support BB10, so there is no first-party FB app for BB10, and since the APIs that third-party apps used are no longer going to exist, third-party apps will fail too. Unless those third-party apps are illegally using hacked APIs - something a small single developer might get away with for a while, but something that would get a corporation like BB sued in a hot minute.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-22-16 10:15 PM
    Facebook didn't develop the BB10 FB app - BB did that themselves, based on the (now several year old) public APIs that FB had released. FB announced months ago that those old APIs were no longer going to be supported as of 3/31/16 - they're going to shut off support for them. Thus, any third-party app for any platform that used those APIs will no longer work.

FB, of course, has access to the new APIs, and their first-party apps are already using those APIs, so they'll be fine. The problem is that FB doesn't support BB10, so there is no first-party FB app for BB10, and since the APIs that third-party apps used are no longer going to exist, third-party apps will fail too. Unless those third-party apps are illegally using hacked APIs - something a small single developer might get away with for a while, but something that would get a corporation like BB sued in a hot minute.
    Yes I know. I am sure we will get a good to decent facebook app with hacked api's even if we have to download it from a source other then BBW.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 12:01 AM
    If BlackBerry is fronting the money to develop their own app, why would Facebook care about who is using the API's? It's sounds stupid.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789
    DreadPirateRegan and bigjman like this.
    03-23-16 12:06 AM
    If BlackBerry is fronting the money to develop their own app, why would Facebook care about who is using the API's? It's sounds stupid.

Thank you! They are afraid cause BB10 is really that good so they need to make it less appealing and are all in each others pockets! This is what I will always believe!....

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 12:11 AM
    Facebook wants to add new technology to their app, and they are being held back because of the need to maintain compatibility with the older APIs. Given the tiny userbases that use them, they are killing the old APIs so they can move their product forward on the 3 main platforms that they support, which, as they point out, cover 99.5% of the mobile market between them.

It isn't being done to attack BB, and BB isn't the only company affected. And the idea that FB is "afraid" of BB10 is positively laughable.

Do we expect car companies to supply carburetors and 8-track tape decks in new cars just because a tiny few prefer them, or do we "abandon" those few holdouts to move things forward? The answer can be found at any new car dealership.
    03-23-16 12:49 AM

I wonder if Tinfoil For Facebook is running the latest api's hacked from iOS or something but from what I could see thus far looks like he utilized chrome however no idea how he made it so fluid if it is in browser mode...

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 01:46 AM
    Facebook wants to add new technology to their app, and they are being held back because of the need to maintain compatibility with the older APIs. Given the tiny userbases that use them, they are killing the old APIs so they can move their product forward on the 3 main platforms that they support, which, as they point out, cover 99.5% of the mobile market between them.

It isn't being done to attack BB, and BB isn't the only company affected. And the idea that FB is "afraid" of BB10 is positively laughable.

Do we expect car companies to supply carburetors and 8-track tape decks in new cars just because a tiny few prefer them, or do we "abandon" those few holdouts to move things forward? The answer can be found at any new car dealership.
    While I agree with a lot of your points, but if someone wanted to install a new carburetor or 8-track, ford doesn't actively stop them either. They allow the user to install it for themselves at their own cost and risk.

I can honestly see what FB is doing. They are trying to be the only ones with their app, which is fine. It's their operation and their app. If they want to be the only one to make their app, so be it. Just be honest. Say "we want to be the only ones to make our app and you have to download our app".

03-23-16 09:05 AM

I see your point your missing mine it's a conspiracy! FB's fault as you indirectly mentioned not BlackBerry's as they don't have to do nothing but give Blackberry the api's like the other poster said that I thanked, is that so hard to do? Why not? You strayed from what we were saying as BlackBerry always did their own fb as you even pointed out to me hence it still makes no sense ....

Except if.....

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 05:23 PM
    While I agree with a lot of your points, but if someone wanted to install a new carburetor or 8-track, ford doesn't actively stop them either. They allow the user to install it for themselves at their own cost and risk.

I can honestly see what FB is doing. They are trying to be the only ones with their app, which is fine. It's their operation and their app. If they want to be the only one to make their app, so be it. Just be honest. Say "we want to be the only ones to make our app and you have to download our app".

Thank you yet again, we're on same page, it's an attack! Only those who truly see how damn good BB10 is can get it...

Others, laugh.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 05:24 PM
    I see your point your missing mine it's a conspiracy! FB's fault as you indirectly mentioned not BlackBerry's as they don't have to do nothing but give Blackberry the api's like the other poster said that I thanked, is that so hard to do? Why not?
    FB isn't giving ANYONE their new APIs. iOS, Android, and WinPhone apps are written by FB themselves, so those platforms have no issues. BB10, Tizen, Sailfish, etc. are all left with using the browser (the browser app is again created by FB), because there won't be first-party apps for any of those.

By eliminating the public APIs, FB is allowing themselves to have more control over their platform, and allows them to add advanced features to their own first-party apps.

It should be kept in mind that a big group of folks here are always complaining that developers should not write apps and should just develop web apps. Yet, now that folks are facing the reality of web apps, they're complaining. It's an excellent example of WHY an actual app is superior to a web app, which will always have limited integration with the OS.
    03-23-16 11:35 PM
    FB isn't giving ANYONE their new APIs. iOS, Android, and WinPhone apps are written by FB themselves, so those platforms have no issues. BB10, Tizen, Sailfish, etc. are all left with using the browser (the browser app is again created by FB), because there won't be first-party apps for any of those.

By eliminating the public APIs, FB is allowing themselves to have more control over their platform, and allows them to add advanced features to their own first-party apps.

It should be kept in mind that a big group of folks here are always complaining that developers should not write apps and should just develop web apps. Yet, now that folks are facing the reality of web apps, they're complaining. It's an excellent example of WHY an actual app is superior to a web app, which will always have limited integration with the OS.
    As for the others mentioned small time for sure although I see Jolla with a bright future or least I hope so. Facebook has a ton of money, BlackBerry is sort of on the cusp of being small like the others but still a decent amount of users including our president although doubt he uses facebook, hah so was not my point. Anyway, for them to not write an official fb app for BlackBerry beings they want control is odd as they would have more to gain then lose as it would stop the need for hacked api's etc and set the bar the way they want it! Maybe what your saying is we need to get a few million folks to write to facebook in #TeamBlackberrys behalf?...

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 12:51 AM
    "We don't need no stupid apps!"

"Okay, we're discontinuing our app."

"Hey! Give us our app back!"

Sigh...

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    03-24-16 05:43 AM
    "We don't need no stupid apps!"

"Okay, we're discontinuing our app."

"Hey! Give us our app back!"

Lol basically....

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 03:44 PM
    Thanks.
    Delete new version and wipe data (security wipe) you got your old version simple good luck.
    09-10-16 10:30 AM
    Thanks.
    02-02-17 06:06 PM