It seems like all the features on the previous OS are not on the Z10. I love being to hide certain icons, customizing certain emails ringers, SMS, and BBM with different ring tones, and of course individual email icons. Thats what makes BB different from everyone else and i think its those individual ringers for different things (SMS, BBM, emails, etc) that make Blackberrys Crack-addictive and forces people to check the red blinking light so often. Now that its gone, will i find it addictive like Crack? Anyways, i hope they incorporate all those features on a future OS update.
    02-01-13 07:13 PM
    I'm thinking they are concentrating on the OS itself and developers should be able to fill in some of the gaps. I don't know though.
    02-01-13 07:15 PM
    I want OS5 ringers, individual email icons, and hide icon feature on the Z10.
    The Z10 is not for you then...

Goodbye
    leafs123 likes this.
    02-01-13 07:25 PM
    So you can't differentiate alert tones relating to ringer/email/texts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-01-13 07:41 PM
    Another one of these that want it all and want it now.. It was a ton of work to get to where the OS is now..
    Of course they could have kept at it for another few months before release. Maybe I am the odd one that thinks that that BB will add in the legacy features as time progresses.
    yoonmike likes this.
    02-01-13 09:59 PM
    So you can't differentiate alert tones relating to ringer/email/texts?
    There are separate notification sound settings for each notification source.
    Barljo likes this.
    02-01-13 10:17 PM
    I also have OS 5 on my Storm 2 (which, btw, gets a lot of bad press but it has really served me well for the most part). I agree. I want to be able to "hide" some icons, especially email accounts as I can on my current phone. It has been useful for a variety of situations. In addition, I like how I can highlight several emails at once and delete them quickly. Also, IIRC, bedside mode in OS 10 has all sound notifications either on or off; I keep all off but the phone ringer. If I am out of town, I WANT to be able to get an emergency 3 am call from home, but don't want to hear the email notifications. I would like to see these in an update.
    02-01-13 11:43 PM
    I agree. I want to be able to "hide" some icons, especially email accounts as I can on my current phone. It has been useful for a variety of situations. In addition, I like how I can highlight several emails at once and delete them quickly. Also, IIRC, bedside mode in OS 10 has all sound notifications either on or off; I keep all off but the phone ringer. If I am out of town, I WANT to be able to get an emergency 3 am call from home, but don't want to hear the email notifications.
    1) There are no email account icons to hide. They are all listed out of sight in the Hub.
    2) You can select several emails. There is a Select More option.
    3) Bedside Mode does switch all notifications off, but there is a sound profile option for Phone Calls Only.
    02-02-13 12:04 AM
    @phill_uk
    thank you for the clarification on 2) and 3)
    1) however; can I easily go back and forth to show or not show an email account in the hub? There are times when I want my work account away from the eyes of my kids for example. Also, if you don`t put an account into the hub, where does it go? Is there another way of accessing it, besides on the browser? Kind of like when I don't include my work account in the messages folder on OS5, but I still access it on the separate icon.

I realize I am still working with the old paradigm; still trying to work my head around BB10 before I buy it.
    02-02-13 12:49 AM
    The Z10 is not for you then...

Goodbye
    That's a really helpful comment.

Sadly there will be a lot of goodbyes to BlackBerry. This may be a new OS. But as far as users are concerned, they expect the good features they had, and some new better ones. Not a net loss. I endured the Playbook fiasco. I'm not doing that again.

Bye bye BlackBerry from me too.
    02-02-13 05:58 AM
    I really believe these notification tweaks will come in future software updates considering lots of these settings are very business-centric features. It probably just didn't make the final public software release before January 30. We'll just have to wait and see what the next few updates bring to the table.
    02-02-13 06:21 AM
    I really believe these notification tweaks will come in future software updates considering lots of these settings are very business-centric features. It probably just didn't make the final public software release before January 30. We'll just have to wait and see what the next few updates bring to the table.
    They've had two years. There is no excuse. Remember this is a survival release. It has to be the best it could possibly be. And it's not.
    Darlaten and Mr.Willie like this.
    02-02-13 06:36 AM
    @phill_uk
    thank you for the clarification on 2) and 3)
    1) however; can I easily go back and forth to show or not show an email account in the hub? There are times when I want my work account away from the eyes of my kids for example. Also, if you don`t put an account into the hub, where does it go? Is there another way of accessing it, besides on the browser? Kind of like when I don't include my work account in the messages folder on OS5, but I still access it on the separate icon.

I realize I am still working with the old paradigm; still trying to work my head around BB10 before I buy it.
    If your work account is through BES, it is locked separately from everything else. You can set up the device so that your personal perimeter doesn't have a password, and IT Policy pushed to the device determines what happens in the work perimeter. Or, you can setup the device so that your work and personal areas are locked by the same password.
    02-02-13 08:12 AM
    I am nervous my beloved BB features will never make its way to Z10.
    02-04-13 10:36 PM
    It seems like all the features on the previous OS are not on the Z10. I love being to hide certain icons, customizing certain emails ringers, SMS, and BBM with different ring tones, and of course individual email icons. Thats what makes BB different from everyone else and i think its those individual ringers for different things (SMS, BBM, emails, etc) that make Blackberrys Crack-addictive and forces people to check the red blinking light so often. Now that its gone, will i find it addictive like Crack? Anyways, i hope they incorporate all those features on a future OS update.

you can hide icons (in the sense of throwing them in a folder)

you cannot customise notifications to the degree you are used to (my #1 gripe)

you don't get email icons in the way you know them, but there are individual box icons on the left of the Hub screen

the red light blinking is a little sporadic, can't be relied on like previous BBs - assume that will get fixed?

now for OS5 sounds, just download the file Ringtones Blackberry OS6 - HoNesTTseNoH from your friendly bit torrent tracker :-)
    02-05-13 03:20 AM
    Typing from a z10 right now I can say that there needs to be a hide icon. It just isn't email, it's other folders. Personally I would like to hide my pictures and videos. I would also like the ability to have custom sounds per contact, and more profile control.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-05-13 03:46 AM
    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Where are you guys getting the CB App from?
    ...and you can have custom sounds for contacts.
    02-05-13 03:52 AM
    Where are you guys getting the CB App from?
    ...and you can have custom sounds for contacts.
    contacts yes, items i.e. mailbox 1 vs mailbox 2 vs mailbox 3 no
    02-05-13 07:08 AM
    They've had two years. There is no excuse. Remember this is a survival release. It has to be the best it could possibly be. And it's not.
    This I think quote points to a real problem. The messaging on this release leading up to it is that this release will relaunch or kill Rim/BB. The first time I heard the proper message was by Thorsten at the release where he said that this is the beginning and not the end. That should have been the message the whole way. They should have positioned the launch from day one as a new beginning for mobile computing. They should have played up the OS capabilities that make it more future proof from other OS currently popular. There is no way they could ever launch a fully mature OS without any issues. But I really think BB is missing out here. They need to be out front in the coming days following the Canadian release addressing the issues and providing a timeline for how they will be addressed in updates if they will be. Messaging and communication is key. Take a page from Mcdonalds youtube campaign where they answer every question posed. It helps build community and allows the company to dispel myths and control them messaging.
    02-05-13 09:23 AM
    I never understood why the OS5 ringtones were so depleted in OS6...thankfully BB recognized this as something people wanted and made them available as a download. That's one of the first things I do after installing a new OS - I've got the site bookmarked on my phone. At the very least, BB needs to do this for OS10.

And then of course they need to work on allowing me to make custom sound profiles and setting individual alerts on which I can adjust the volume....
    02-05-13 09:34 AM
    I never understood why the OS5 ringtones were so depleted in OS6...
    I'm guessing but I bet it was to make a recognisable 'BlackBerry noise' - like the iPhone has a very limited choice of message alert sounds and everyone knows that certain chime is an iPhone message. At the time OS6 came out there was a campaign in the UK along the lines of 'PING me on BBM' so I guess they wanted that ping noise to be known as a BlackBerry tone to reinforce the brand?
    02-05-13 10:06 AM
    I miss lightspeed
    02-05-13 10:09 AM
    Ninja is forever
    yoonmike likes this.
    02-05-13 12:01 PM
    They need to add back in individual email icons, ability to hide icons, and individual ring tones 4 SMS, MMS, email, etc. Sooooo mad that basic features i love on all past BB phones are gone. They keep talking about the BB Hub, but all it is, is the universal 'messages' icon on previous BB that lumped everything in one icon. Anyways, i am hoping OS 10.1 fixes all these issues.
    02-06-13 11:48 PM
    Geez people relax a little bit, email icons will probably never come back, the ringtones settings will sure be added in future updates.... some time things change...
    things changed from 4.3 to 4.5 to 5.0 to 6.0 to 7.0 to 7.1, and guess what we all adapted to what we got, so lets just try use it and get to know the OS and is features and we all be fine, i promise to you all, we all be fine lol
    02-06-13 11:54 PM
29 12