Thanks Chaz, will try Fire Chest too, hope it has other storage options besides Dropbox. Big name services attract more data thieves is my (mis?)taken notion

I don't know just about a thing about bes10 but is it possible for someone to run a bes10 server and sell email accounts off it.

Something like Gmail except using bes10 servers.

Edit: auto correct Chad corrected
    Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:07 AM
    I have been in touch. Just need to find a solution.
    What is your IntouchID? We ensure that no users problems are unsolved. IntouchApp should work for you flawlessly just as it does for more than a hundred thousand users!
    11-20-13 12:10 AM
    I don't know just about a thing about bes10 but is it possible for someone to run a bes10 server and sell email accounts off it.
    Posted via CB10
    That would lock your data in. At IntouchApp we are trying to ensure your data is never locked with any one phone vendor. Your contacts are your relationships, ensure you take them safely to any phone you use in a consistent manner!
    11-20-13 12:14 AM
    Thanks Chaz, will try Fire Chest too, hope it has other storage options besides Dropbox. Big name services attract more data thieves is my (mis?)taken notion

Something like Gmail except using bes10 servers.

Edit: auto correct Chad corrected
    Posted via CB10
    A major update in a few weeks will add support for other services, but some of the extra features will be paid.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    11-20-13 12:19 AM
    Just back-up to windows contacts...I made a how to for Windows7 if you search for it...no nonsense backup

I flick! Do you?
    11-20-13 01:13 AM
    Download is slow due to pathetically slow contact writing speed by BB OS. We have complained to BB but no resolution yet.
    We can confirm that in the BlackBerry 10 API (application programming interface), contacts are indeed written in to the Contacts app at about 3 contacts per second. Contact deletion is just as slow and surprisingly there is no API function to just wipe all the contacts in one go. Very annoying.

This will apply to any app that inserts/deletes contacts.

Remember to keep your phone plugged into the power socket during very large backups or restores.
    11-20-13 01:37 AM
    ContactsExchange Excel vCard and more - BlackBerry World

I bought that app and use it to make contact backups.
    I got this and ran the duplicate empty stuff and now my contacts are a complete mess. I am just going to reload and hope one of my backups isn't too old.
    11-20-13 10:40 AM
    Thanks for this thread.

We are on Groupwise using Microsoft active sync for these new BB10 devices. I often loose contacts when installing destructive leaks. Only groupwise contacts will sync with the phone.

Recently, I've learned that I could recover old contacts by selecting only Settings and restoring from the full backup.

However, there is also an option to transfer contacts to your SIM card. Can anyone comment if this will work?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:29 AM
    Thanks for this thread.

We are on Groupwise using Microsoft active sync for these new BB10 devices. I often loose contacts when installing destructive leaks. Only groupwise contacts will sync with the phone.

Recently, I've learned that I could recover old contacts by selecting only Settings and restoring from the full backup.

However, there is also an option to transfer contacts to your SIM card. Can anyone comment if this will work?

Posted via CB10
    I just don't know what BB Link actually does in terms of backups and restores. I want the old options back from Desktop Manager, that program was FAR superior to this fartastic BB Link.
    bubbbab likes this.
    11-20-13 12:50 PM
    Did you read my post? I want to avoid Syncing with Outlook. I use Outlook for work and I don't want all my personal contacts to be showing up in Outlook. I hear you can sync to Gmail, but doesn't seem to be natively supported by BB Link.

There is a difference between Microsoft Outlook used for work (often exchange server) and outlook.com

It cause much confusion and I can confirm how amazing outlook.com is at sync

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:47 PM
    I have been in touch. Just need to find a solution.
    What is your IntouchID? Please give us some reference so we can ensure your problem is solved on a priority basis. Our next update is going to solve all known issues of conflict with BB Link / BES, etc., and make the app even more robust!
    11-21-13 11:35 AM
    Thanks Intouch for the quick response and working for most of a very long two days to help me with the multiple issues....appreciate your support, and if you every move to a pay model, please count me in. Keep up the good work, and I must say that I like the concept of your app, and especially its ability to manage contacts across multiple devices...awesome Please keep us updated and I do look forward to your continued help.
    11-21-13 03:01 PM
    Contact-X works really well. As often as I load leaks, I'd be lost without it. SMS Backup is the other program I use.

I store the contact backup file and my SMS backup file on my memory card for easy reloading.

Backup contacts and texts to the memory card, load new leaks. Run setup. Install those two programs from App World. Restore contacts. Restore text messages. Off and running. Install your other apps from App World at your leisure.

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.2.1.1055
    11-21-13 03:22 PM
    So far this has been impossible on BlackBerry 10. BB Link never backs up. I get interrupted by something, I have used 2 cables 2 computers. BB Link for me is compete garbageware. I don't see any way to limit BB Link to just my contacts and I DO NOT want to sync my contacts with Outlook.
    Use PIM Backup and Restore. PIM Backup And Restore - BlackBerry World

I used it to "sync" my calendar and contacts with my Mac without using the cloud. It worked great for me.
    11-21-13 04:39 PM
39 12