So far this has been impossible on BlackBerry 10. BB Link never backs up. I get interrupted by something, I have used 2 cables 2 computers. BB Link for me is compete garbageware. I don't see any way to limit BB Link to just my contacts and I DO NOT want to sync my contacts with Outlook.

I have tried apps, the Intouch app is garbage, never has worked for me. Was in touch with the dev, tried using it every update (like 15 of them) and I found the app actually made some of my contacts disappear.

Anyone have any ideas? I have given up on backing up by BB10, so I am just going to backup my contacts, save my media and reload the OS.
    Last edited by D.Vader; 11-14-13 at 01:03 PM.
    11-14-13 12:32 PM
    Just have them sync to an email. Sign in to the account again after OS load, and they'll repopulate.
    11-14-13 12:37 PM
    Go for fire chest backup. It works and it saves the file to your dropbox account. it's free too. you're welcome

Fire Chest Backup - BlackBerry World
    11-14-13 12:38 PM
    Just have them sync to an email. Sign in to the account again after OS load, and they'll repopulate.
    Did you read my post? I want to avoid Syncing with Outlook. I use Outlook for work and I don't want all my personal contacts to be showing up in Outlook. I hear you can sync to Gmail, but doesn't seem to be natively supported by BB Link.
    11-14-13 01:04 PM
    Go for fire chest backup. It works and it saves the file to your dropbox account. it's free too. you're welcome

You know I totally downloaded this the other day and spaced on it. LOL Thanks for the reminder. I have been a little uneasy about using apps for this solution given the InTouch app actually ate some of my contacts.
    11-14-13 01:06 PM
    u might want to use Contact x, i have close to 1000 contacts, works like a charm, can save to the cloud & allows you to merge using phone numbers / name.
    PS: its a paid software
    11-14-13 01:06 PM
    Firechest is nice, but you don't need an app or Link. The phone will sync your contacts to your email account wirelessly. Fact is, Link won't backup your contacts anyway.
    11-14-13 01:19 PM
    Did you read my post? I want to avoid Syncing with Outlook. I use Outlook for work and I don't want all my personal contacts to be showing up in Outlook. I hear you can sync to Gmail, but doesn't seem to be natively supported by BB Link.
    Gmail syncs contacts just fine - directly from device to Gmail - natively supported by BB10.. and from Gmail 7 Google Contacts you can export all contacts to file (except pictures) ....
    11-14-13 02:18 PM
    I've backed up and restored well over 1200 contacts multiple times with BB Link with no issues at all.
    11-14-13 03:56 PM
    ContactX

Ive used it to many times to count and has never failed me. Although now I sync with my gmail acc..

Used contactX to create a vcf card which I then uploaded to my gmail acc.(you cant sync contacts if there not in google to begin with). Now any changes, or additions I make, syncs back to google.

FYI I did read your post, just find syncing is way easier then using link or an app.
    11-14-13 04:03 PM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34526338

I bought that app and use it to make contact backups.
    11-14-13 05:03 PM
    u might want to use Contact x, i have close to 1000 contacts, works like a charm, can save to the cloud & allows you to merge using phone numbers / name.
    PS: its a paid software

THIS
    11-14-13 08:26 PM
    You know I totally downloaded this the other day and spaced on it. LOL Thanks for the reminder. I have been a little uneasy about using apps for this solution given the InTouch app actually ate some of my contacts.
    Make sure to update to the latest version 1.2.2.2 which released yesterday. It fixes a bug on Q10/Q5 + OS 10.2.0.424 and it adds a more informative progress bar for the restore process.

Next update in about 4 weeks is HUGE!
    the_igg and D.Vader like this.
    11-14-13 10:53 PM
    I'm using contactsimex it's free.
    11-14-13 11:47 PM
    Interesting. I had an excellent experience with intouch.

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my Google iBerry Cranial Implant
    intouchapp likes this.
    11-15-13 12:14 AM

Do you not find it a little slow?

Last edited by bubbbab; 11-15-13 at 12:33 AM.
    11-15-13 12:15 AM
    Hello, what problem are you facing with IntouchApp? We are seeing rare issues people are facing, so for most people, it should work flaw-lessly. If you were an old user of IntouchApp, some legacy issues might be affecting you. We can start you afresh with new data.

The best part of IntouchApp is the data is never lost as every change you make and every upload is backed up! We will soon enable viewing of this history online so you can have confidence in our system.
    elmariocarlos likes this.
    11-15-13 12:19 AM
    the InTouch app actually ate some of my contacts.
    Please communicate with us directly. You will never lose contact data on IntouchApp. The only problem occurs at times when some other app goes in and changes the IDs associated with contacts on your device. But those problems are now rare.
    11-15-13 12:30 AM
    Do you not find it a little slow?

Haha never found it slow before. But I get where you're coming from. You should really download the latest update. Really good stuff!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 03:45 AM
    Please communicate with us directly. You will never lose contact data on IntouchApp. The only problem occurs at times when some other app goes in and changes the IDs associated with contacts on your device. But those problems are now rare.
    I have been in touch. Just need to find a solution.
    11-19-13 12:37 PM
    Am having problems with Intouch. Backup worked fine with over 7000+ contacts. Or alteast it said so.

Restore has been painfully slow. Over 24 hours and given that I can't be at one ip address for so long, it has had to restore while on the go.

After reaching 6000+ and a couple restarts , one planned and the other due to dramatic battery drain by 1055, I have tried to start again from scratch.

Now intouch has a network 204 error.

Am looking for suggestions for a e
    New email provider, as in parallel, I need to get my data off the outlook server and migrate to any new mail account.

That was the reason for me to use intouch, but it seems to have some settling down to do.

Don't like the thought of using Google / gmail for this. On for that matter, Hotmail, yahoo etc.

Any recommendations guys? Isn't there any 3rd party BES10 server operator who can provide single accounts to individual users.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:30 PM
    Shared with intouch on twitter. Ryans a pile of contacts. Using intouchapp with maybe 500 contacts it was quick and flawless. Hopefully they will help.

11-19-13 11:34 PM
    Am having problems with Intouch. Backup worked fine with over 7000+ contacts. Or alteast it said so.

Restore has been painfully slow. Over 24 hours and given that I can't be at one ip address for so long, it has had to restore while on the go.

After reaching 6000+ and a couple restarts , one planned and the other due to dramatic battery drain by 1055, I have tried to start again from scratch.

Now intouch has a network 204 error.

Am looking for suggestions for a e
    New email provider, as in parallel, I need to get my data off the outlook server and migrate to any new mail account.

That was the reason for me to use intouch, but it seems to have some settling down to do.

Don't like the thought of using Google / gmail for this. On for that matter, Hotmail, yahoo etc.

Any recommendations guys? Isn't there any 3rd party BES10 server operator who can provide single accounts to individual users.

Posted via CB10
    Use Fire Chest Backup, which backups to your Dropbox account. You can choose to encrypt the backup, or you can not encrypt it, in which case you will have individual access to each contact. I find that it works well, though I haven't tried it with 7000 contacts. I have about 60, and it takes about ten-twenty seconds to do a backup. You can have any number of previous backups.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    11-19-13 11:35 PM
    Shared with intouch on twitter. Ryans a pile of contacts. Using intouchapp with maybe 500 contacts it was quick and flawless. Hopefully they will help.

Thanks, hopefully the Intouch guy gets in touch (pun unintended) with me

Will give fire chest a go too, but would even pay a small amount for a single account on a bes10 server.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:58 PM
    Hello, 7000 is not a problem at all. We have many users with 10,000+ contacts. Download is slow due to pathetically slow contact writing speed by BB OS. We have complained to BB but no resolution yet. Still we feel it should not take so much time. Are you in touch with our support? We will do everything to help you out.

To everyone reading this forum: IntouchApp is far more than just a one time backup system. It is the Dropbox for contacts. We want to take the hassle away from manually creating backups and restoring them - just like Dropbox did for files. As you make changes to your contacts, IntouchApp automatically updates the changes. Soon we will enable you to see the changes you have made, restore/undo them, etc, from our online interface.
    11-20-13 12:05 AM
39 12