Coming from my Q10 to the Z10. And I am having a hard time adjusting to the lack of the physical keyboard.

The hardest thing is the universal search. I do not understand why I need to click on the text box again to type. What is worse is that often, the phone does not realize that I pushed on the text box and I often have to do multiple clicks to be able to type. Why can't they make it so that the universal search brings up the keyboard automatically?

And yes, I am aware that I can manually bring up the keyboard with the thumbs, but I am often using my Z10 with one hand

And the voice dictation button from the universal search is kind of redundant since if I wanted to use my voice, I can just press on the mute button on the side for that.

Posted via CB10
    1Criz, cukierkas and nah.uhh like this.
    04-27-15 12:27 AM
    Absolutely. What they did was they made the universal search bring up the assistant by default. Also I wish one could just bring up the keyboard from the home screen and start typing to start search.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    04-27-15 12:45 AM
    Yup. At least toggle in options. The 10.2 assistant was tremendous time saver, in 10.3 I use it much less because of the interruption when you have to click on screen in order to type.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 12:57 AM
    Absolutely. What they did was they made the universal search bring up the assistant by default. Also I wish one could just bring up the keyboard from the home screen and start typing to start search.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    I agree. My absolute favourite thing about the Passport is that no matter what it is you want to do with the phone all you need to do is get to the homescreen and start typing

 Passport 10.3.1.1865
    04-27-15 01:47 AM
    I agree. My absolute favourite thing about the Passport is that no matter what it is you want to do with the phone all you need to do is get to the homescreen and start typing

 Passport 10.3.1.1865
    Yes luckily with the PB phones u can just start typing. Even then 10.3.1 killed instant actions quite a bit even with keyboard phone. I could send BBM msgs without seeing. Can no longer do that.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    Sayumi Whisp likes this.
    04-27-15 07:03 AM
    Coming from my Q10 to the Z10. And I am having a hard time adjusting to the lack of the physical keyboard.

The hardest thing is the universal search. I do not understand why I need to click on the text box again to type. What is worse is that often, the phone does not realize that I pushed on the text box and I often have to do multiple clicks to be able to type. Why can't they make it so that the universal search brings up the keyboard automatically?

And yes, I am aware that I can manually bring up the keyboard with the thumbs, but I am often using my Z10 with one hand

And the voice dictation button from the universal search is kind of redundant since if I wanted to use my voice, I can just press on the mute button on the side for that.

Posted via CB10
    Agree.
    My workaround is to minimise assistant while in keyboard type mode. leave the assistant running in active frame. That way it always comes up with keyboard and ready to type away when you restore the active frame again.
    skstrials likes this.
    04-27-15 07:14 AM
    I agree was a really pain when trying to use it on my z30

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:25 AM
    I had this issue in early builds of 10.3.1, sad to see they haven't resolved it.
    Also annoying that 'enter' doesn't work as 'send', but rather creates a new line when composing a text or bbm.
    I don't understand, why would anyone write in paragraphs when typing an SMS or bbm message...
    04-27-15 10:56 AM
    Totally agree with the op.
    Having z30, so have to keep the assistant as a frame. Frustrating.
    10.2.1 search was way better.
    And English is not my first language, so have no interest to talk with phone in foreign language. Will write down this idea at Michael Clewley's channel.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    1Criz likes this.
    04-27-15 02:36 PM
    I had this issue in early builds of 10.3.1, sad to see they haven't resolved it.
    Also annoying that 'enter' doesn't work as 'send', but rather creates a new line when composing a text or bbm.
    I don't understand, why would anyone write in paragraphs when typing an SMS or bbm message...
    Should be an option. I write in paragraphs on BBM.
    04-27-15 03:56 PM
    Yep, another regressive move by BlackBerry.

Who would have thought that when you open Search that you might actually want to type in a search phrase?
    cukierkas and nah.uhh like this.
    04-28-15 12:40 AM
    If you swap upwards with two fingers from the bottom, it does bring the keyboard up, but it does nothing, it showld outomaticly start searching once you start typing.
    step07 likes this.
    04-28-15 12:45 AM
    I'm using a passport but it's right, on my z10 it's really annoying that I always had to tab the only one entry field on the screen.
    Beside that, it's annoying on keyboard devices that I can often write directs but the fourth onscreen row is not active till I tab into the writing box.
    I hope blackberry will checkout this annoying issue so I don't have to tab always on the screen, when the keyboard should be enough.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    04-28-15 06:59 AM
    Do you mean this? It works for BBM too.

I think the universal search should bring up the keyboard on full touch phones.-img_20150428_201311.png

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:14 AM
    I'm using a passport but it's right, on my z10 it's really annoying that I always had to tab the only one entry field on the screen.
    Beside that, it's annoying on keyboard devices that I can often write directs but the fourth onscreen row is not active till I tab into the writing box.
    I hope blackberry will checkout this annoying issue so I don't have to tab always on the screen, when the keyboard should be enough.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    Not having this issue myself but try swiping down on the keyboard to bring up the bigger menu???

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 03:40 PM