YES! I still picked a BlackBerry Z10 over the iPhone 5. But I still have to use my iPod for apps like Instagram and Snapchat. And other gaming apps that BlackBerry doesn't have. But they NEED an Instagram and a Snapchat. Those are necessary if they want more teenagers' attentions.

Posted via CB10
    you can sideload both instagram and snapchat on the z10. I did, and they both work fine.
    10-09-13 03:46 AM
    Doesn't the developers for netflix, instagram, vine, etc, have to create the app FOR blackberry use? If so, then I don't see how it's blackberry's fault that these apps don't exist if they are not created.

There are a few apps I would like to have that are available on android and IOS but not on blackberry, however, The phone in general is just an overall better phone. the calendar is better then android and IOS, the remember feature on blackberry is great, the email is wonderful, and I don't have to have a gmail account (which I hate) to work my phone.

I was able to sideload instagram, pintrest, tumblr, amex, JEFIT, MyFitnessPal, and few others, however, even if I couldn't have those, as long as I have facebook and twitter, Im good.

Personally, I think an app like netflix is pointless on a phone because it will 1) run down the battery, 2) If Im ever in a position where I will have time to watch a movie (i.e, airport) I have my laptop anyway. So Really what's the point on netflix on your phone.

My brother brags about how he can his galaxy as a remote for his tv, but he shut up when I pointed out that his tv already came with a remote. Basically, what Im getting at is, a lot of the apps people are ******** about are pointless to have on a phone. They'd rather have a toy.
    BBRY is ultimately responsible for its own ecosystem.

And apps are mostly about possibility. It's about not having to have the laptop. It's about not having to find that TV remote. Options and increased functionality...

My current device cost more than my laptop on paper, so I have no problem allowing it to earn its way.
    10-09-13 06:01 AM
    Doesn't the developers for netflix, instagram, vine, etc, have to create the app FOR blackberry use? If so, then I don't see how it's blackberry's fault that these apps don't exist if they are not created.

There are a few apps I would like to have that are available on android and IOS but not on blackberry, however, The phone in general is just an overall better phone. the calendar is better then android and IOS, the remember feature on blackberry is great, the email is wonderful, and I don't have to have a gmail account (which I hate) to work my phone.

I was able to sideload instagram, pintrest, tumblr, amex, JEFIT, MyFitnessPal, and few others, however, even if I couldn't have those, as long as I have facebook and twitter, Im good.

Personally, I think an app like netflix is pointless on a phone because it will 1) run down the battery, 2) If Im ever in a position where I will have time to watch a movie (i.e, airport) I have my laptop anyway. So Really what's the point on netflix on your phone.

My brother brags about how he can his galaxy as a remote for his tv, but he shut up when I pointed out that his tv already came with a remote. Basically, what Im getting at is, a lot of the apps people are ******** about are pointless to have on a phone. They'd rather have a toy.
    It is not Blackberry's fault at all, but what difference does it make? People aren't going to buy a blackberry phone when they cant get their apps because its not blackberry's fault. Either the apps are there or they aren't. Who's fault it is is irrelevant.
    10-09-13 08:24 AM
    But does the car really allow you to install ANY aftermarket gadget like other models do?
    Yes it does and have done so on any car that I have owned

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 08:55 AM
    It is not Blackberry's fault at all, but what difference does it make? People aren't going to buy a blackberry phone when they cant get their apps because its not blackberry's fault. Either the apps are there or they aren't. Who's fault it is is irrelevant.
    Not having ebay app or amazon app is meaningless if you use your browser and go directly to their site. Their sites are responsive and mobile friendly already so you can do the same without needing an app. Just saying...

Posted via CB10
    AlwaysTantric likes this.
    10-09-13 08:59 AM
    The problem is not that much with the phone or its "ecosystem" of available apps, its more a perception thing/issue from the user side (the actual customer). Now we all know (or we should) how this society works: the customer is "told" (thru various means of mass manipulation) that this is what you need, this is what you have to buy, this is what you have to eat and so on...the list is endless (unfortunately).
    Until the "customer" wakes up and starts making his/her own decisions over his/her needs, this situation will continue.
    And I'm not talking only about smartphones here, look around and see for yourself; how many things (products, trends) reach us in a way that is specifically manipulated to suit somebody's interests (financial or other)?
    The issue is way deeper than we would admit, and poor BlackBerry just happens to be caught in the middle (this time its them, who knows who's next). As long as we're busy with each other, they can play their game and they'll win. We can change all this, but first we need to change our state of mind, look beyond they want us to see...and this isn't gonna be easy.
    anfidhlear likes this.
    10-09-13 09:44 AM
    Yes it does and have done so on any car that I have owned
    Not the BBRY model car

Maybe we need to return to phones for this to work.
    10-09-13 09:51 AM
    The problem is not that much with the phone or its "ecosystem" of available apps, its more a perception thing/issue from the user side (the actual customer). Now we all know (or we should) how this society works: the customer is "told" (thru various means of mass manipulation) that this is what you need, this is what you have to buy, this is what you have to eat and so on...the list is endless (unfortunately).
    Until the "customer" wakes up and starts making his/her own decisions over his/her needs, this situation will continue.
    And I'm not talking only about smartphones here, look around and see for yourself; how many things (products, trends) reach us in a way that is specifically manipulated to suit somebody's interests (financial or other)?
    The issue is way deeper that we would admit, and poor BlackBerry just happens to be caught in the middle (this time its them, who knows who's next). As long as we're busy with each other, they can play their game and they'll win. We can change all this, but first we need to change our state of mind, look beyond they want us to see...and this isn't gonna be easy.
    No. I don't think this is it at all. There are many apps that a given person uses that are a real benefit to them. Just about any large scientific meeting I attend for instance will have an app with program information. I just got the link for the American Society for Human Genetics one for instance. Also American Association for Cancer Research does the same. Plus lots of small businesses and so forth. It isn't a perception it is very real and concrete. But what's more most people have no reason to put up with the app limitation because there is no significant benefit to do so in my opinion. The phone is the tool to deliver the apps. The phones are interchangeable in my opinion, it's the apps and ecosystem that are thr actual product I think.

Posted via CB10
    Terser Nori likes this.
    10-09-13 09:52 AM
    Not having ebay app or amazon app is meaningless if you use your browser and go directly to their site. Their sites are responsive and mobile friendly already so you can do the same without needing an app. Just saying...

Posted via CB10
    Not all mobile sites are as functional as corresponding apps.
    10-09-13 09:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just because its meaningless to you doesn't mean its meaningless to me. And if mobile sites are the shiznit and everyone is missing out on this great experience then why are there apps in the first place? We cant all be sheep.
    10-09-13 10:04 AM
    No. I don't think this is it at all. There are many apps that a given person uses that are a real benefit to them. Just about any large scientific meeting I attend for instance will have an app with program information. I just got the link for the American Society for Human Genetics one for instance. Also American Association for Cancer Research does the same. Plus lots of small businesses and so forth. It isn't a perception it is very real and concrete. But what's more most people have no reason to put up with the app limitation because there is no significant benefit to do so in my opinion. The phone is the tool to deliver the apps. The phones are interchangeable in my opinion, it's the apps and ecosystem that are thr actual product I think.

Posted via CB10
    In many ways you hit the nail on the head. All smartphones deliver email and text messages. You can play music and access the web on every platform. Its the corresponding ecosystem that is the real differentiator.

This is why BB should have just skinned android and then integrated in BES/BIS. BB users would have had the best of both worlds.
    10-09-13 10:08 AM
    Not all mobile sites are as functional as corresponding apps.
    Agreed, but if the user is looking for the brand name then they are. Amazon, ebay etc..so no app needed

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 04:49 PM
    Just because its meaningless to you doesn't mean its meaningless to me. And if mobile sites are the shiznit and everyone is missing out on this great experience then why are there apps in the first place? We cant all be sheep.
    The point is marketing to some degree. The brand sites like ebay and amazon have responsive sites that do the same thing already. Where a site does not then maybe

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 04:54 PM
    Is there a spy app that actually works on the BlackBerry q10?...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:23 PM
    As for the sideloading thing, that's not a "hack" or a "band-aid" type of deal. That was put there for Android developers to easily port their apps over if they want an easy way to get their apps in BlackBerry World if they choose not to spend the time and resources to develope a native app. So if we are able to sideload the app ourselves and they work as they should, the developers can easily port their Android app and have it officially in BlackBerry World with 10-15 minutes of work. BlackBerry is basically handing them the tools to get it done and if they choose not to is that really on BlackBerry? The only other thing more they can do is actually build the app for them. And to a few posters point about the phones being interchangeable and all do they same thing, that's for the most part true. So aside from apps it's actually how they go about doing those things and that boils down to the actual OS and UI. In my opinion, pound for pound there isn't anything touching bb10 hands down as far as Operating Systems go. Apps are the only thing holding BlackBerry back for the users that aren't really knowledgeable or prefer not to sideload. I have all the apps I need on my Q10 either downloaded for free or purchased from BlackBerry World. The three not available (Instagram, Vine, and Candy Crush) I sideloaded and they work great. Also there are starting to be developers that are putting in work to provide us 3rd party native solutions to some of these missing apps (Instagram, Vine, SnapChat) so things are definitely getting better. Also, people don't realize this is a 8 month old platform so it is still new. This is not the legacy devices so they should be looked at as a new company as far as bb10 goes and should be treated as such. Who would expect the same apps as other platforms who have a 5-6 year headstart on platform not even out of its first year? That's not being realistic.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:50 AM
    As for the sideloading thing, that's not a "hack" or a "band-aid" type of deal. That was put there for Android developers to easily port their apps over if they want an easy way to get their apps in BlackBerry World if they choose not to spend the time and resources to develope a native app. So if we are able to sideload the app ourselves and they work as they should, the developers can easily port their Android app and have it officially in BlackBerry World with 10-15 minutes of work. BlackBerry is basically handing them the tools to get it done and if they choose not to is that really on BlackBerry? The only other thing more they can do is actually build the app for them. And to a few posters point about the phones being interchangeable and all do they same thing, that's for the most part true. So aside from apps it's actually how they go about doing those things and that boils down to the actual OS and UI. In my opinion, pound for pound there isn't anything touching bb10 hands down as far as Operating Systems go. Apps are the only thing holding BlackBerry back for the users that aren't really knowledgeable or prefer not to sideload. I have all the apps I need on my Q10 either downloaded for free or purchased from BlackBerry World. The three not available (Instagram, Vine, and Candy Crush) I sideloaded and they work great. Also there are starting to be developers that are putting in work to provide us 3rd party native solutions to some of these missing apps (Instagram, Vine, SnapChat) so things are definitely getting better. Also, people don't realize this is a 8 month old platform so it is still new. This is not the legacy devices so they should be looked at as a new company as far as bb10 goes and should be treated as such. Who would expect the same apps as other platforms who have a 5-6 year headstart on platform not even out of its first year? That's not being realistic.

Posted via CB10
    I agree it isn't realistic to expect it to be the same. I also don't think it is realistic for people to care why it isn't the same. All they want is a phone to do their stuff. If it isn't BlackBerry it doesn't matter why, just that it isn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 11:55 AM
    I woke up mad today. I needed to use two apps that isn't available on BlackBerry. I had to ask my missus to process what I wanted via her Android (SGS4). You can only imagine my disappointment.

Here we are with the Z30 being released in Canada, yet we still can't get some 'main' apps for BB10. Yep, annoying!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    10-16-13 03:31 PM
    I woke up mad today. I needed to use two apps that isn't available on BlackBerry. I had to ask my missus to process what I wanted via her Android (SGS4). You can only imagine my disappointment.

Here we are with the Z30 being released in Canada, yet we still can't get some 'main' apps for BB10. Yep, annoying!

Keep Calm And Play Minon Rush!

Kind Regards, Tino Chiko C0008DDD1 TechCraze!
    anon(153966) likes this.
    10-16-13 03:32 PM
    Sideload please...

...forever BlackBerry...
    10-16-13 05:32 PM
    Sideload please...

...forever BlackBerry...
    You know, I have a few issues with side loading apps.
    1. I feel as if my battery dies quickly...
    2. With BlackBerry 10, I feel apps should be created for the device and thus NO side loading needed...
    3. Lastly I hate not being able to install a 'side loaded' app on the go. Example, right now am on holiday and thus can't install any side loaded apps till I get home next week. See, not efficient, is it?

DS1331 and sentano like this.
    10-16-13 06:20 PM
    Just a pertinent question here...
    When you buy a car, you buy it for the stereo that's in it or you buy it for what the car can do?
    You can install an aftermarket gadget anytime after...

...forever BlackBerry...
    Lol sorry but that's a horrible analogy it doesn't even apply correctly to the app phone debate

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-16-13 06:26 PM
    2. With BlackBerry 10, I feel apps should be created for the device and thus NO side loading needed...
    3. Lastly I hate not being able to install a 'side loaded' app on the go. Example, right now am on holiday and thus can't install any side loaded apps till I get home next week. See, not efficient, is it?

By all means you're right and I meant no offense.
    I too feel the need for few android apps that I would like to be native BlackBerry, but...here comes subjectivity again...I deal with the situation.
    I hope that when the true value of BlackBerry will be acknowledged we won't have to side load any more. Till then...

...forever BlackBerry...
    anon(153966) likes this.
    10-16-13 07:36 PM
    By all means you're right and I meant no offense.
    I too feel the need for few android apps that I would like to be native BlackBerry, but...here comes subjectivity again...I deal with the situation.
    I hope that when the true value of BlackBerry will be acknowledged we won't have to side load any more. Till then...

...forever BlackBerry...
    Very good points. Only time will tell...

10-16-13 09:25 PM

Localbar for BB10
    + Localbar Proxy
    = Bliss

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 01:38 PM
    What I hate about phone apps-
    Ok we all like apps right,we all have a few apps that we really like, right. Ok so for me one app I quite like is a music streaming app that I can have all my favourite radio stations in. Yes one app all radio stations just like one radio and a selection of stations we all understand that.
    Now I wonder, the way things are going with apps is that sooner or later my favourite radio stations will all aim to improve my experience by each having thier own app. And eventually the only way to listen will be through that particular app. And Iphone, Android, windows and BlackBerry will have the apps in varying degrees for a while before evenually some may become android only or iphone only so then Ill need to carry 2 phones everywhere just like I need 2 credit cards.

( 1 x shift ) !~ /^1?$|^(11+?)\1+$/
    10-17-13 03:42 PM
327 ... 11121314