I looked for every one of those straight from my Z10. If you have a BB10 device, you would know that apps for older devices don't even show up in BlackBerry World from the new devices.
    I do have a BB10 device, and I don't see these apps for BB10 (as identified in my response above). I even searched BlackBerry World from my desktop, and while I can find the apps, they aren't for BB10. They are for older devices.
    10-08-13 01:45 PM
    Then don't. None of the apps I put in bold have to be sideloaded, except for that Netflix one.

I looked for every one of those straight from my Z10. If you have a BB10 device, you would know that apps for older devices don't even show up in BlackBerry World from the new devices.
    But then this means not all the apps that poster wants are available then?
    ifarlow likes this.
    10-08-13 01:47 PM
    For many of these, did you happen to pay attention to whether they were BB10 versions or version for older devices? Looks like maybe you didn't. For the rest... perhaps he wants actual branded apps, and not third-party apps?

• Bank of America - Not for BB10
    • Engadget - Not for BB10
    • Amazon - There is no Amazon app.
    • Concur Solutions - There is no Concur Solutions.
    • Uber - Not for BB10.
    • Instagram - There is no Instagram app.
    • Netflix - There is no Netflix app.
    • Sling Player - There is no Sling Player app.
    • eBay - Not for BB10.
    • Starbucks - There is no Starbucks app.
    • American Express - There is no American Express app.
    • PayPal - There is no PayPal app.
    • Fandango - Not for BB10.
    • IMDB - There is no IMDB app.
    • Runtastic - Not for BB10.
    • Delta Airlines - Holy cow! There's one for BB10!
    • Flighttrack - Not for BB10.
    Let me guess, you have an old BlackBerry (if at all) and still have that device attached to your BlackBerry ID. You then went to the BlackBerry World web page and did a search and that's the info it spat out at you? Like I said, I searched STRAIGHT FROM my Z10 and pulled those up. Some of them even had the "Built for BlackBerry" mark on them!
    10-08-13 01:47 PM
    Let me guess, you have an old BlackBerry (if at all) and still have that device attached to your BlackBerry ID.
    Nope. Q10. Feel free to see my device history on display in my signature. The Q10 is on an account not associated with any other device.

You then went to the BlackBerry World web page and did a search and that's the info it spat out at you?
    Nope. I did go to BlackBerry World on my desktop, but because I'm not logged in, I can see all apps (both for BB10 and for older devices).

Like I said, I searched STRAIGHT FROM my Z10 and pulled those up. Some of them even had the "Built for BlackBerry" mark on them!
    Interesting, because when I go to BlackBerry World on my desktop and tell it I have a Z10, I can't find Bank of America... because it's not written for BB10.
    10-08-13 01:49 PM
    I do have a BB10 device, and I don't see these apps for BB10 (as identified in my response above). I even searched BlackBerry World from my desktop, and while I can find the apps, they aren't for BB10. They are for older devices.
    That explains that.
    10-08-13 01:49 PM
    Nope. Q10. Feel free to see my device history on display in my signature.

Nope.

Interesting, because when I go to BlackBerry World on my desktop, tell it I have a Z10, I can't find Bank of America.
    WTH?!? You even SAID you searched for it from your desktop! Now you're going to turn around and say you didn't?! LOL Also, I didn't say there was a Bank of America app, did I?
    10-08-13 01:51 PM
    WTH?!? You even SAID you searched for it from your desktop! Now you're going to turn around and say you didn't?! LOL Also, I didn't say there was a Bank of America app, did I?
    Feel free to read my response again. Nevertheless, I checked again and I have found a few apps that I missed first go around:

• Engadget
    • eBay
    • Runtastic

So, I was incorrect about three of them. The end result is still the same, with limited exception, the apps the poster wants are not available on BB10 devices.
    10-08-13 01:56 PM
    But then this means not all the apps that poster wants are available then?
    It doesn't mean that at all. They indeed are available to him/her. If someone chooses not to sideload apps, that no less means the apps are still available to them. I choose not to own an iPhone or Android device. That doesn't make them unavailable to me.
    puma17 likes this.
    10-08-13 02:00 PM
    It doesn't mean that at all. They indeed are available to him/her. If someone chooses not to sideload apps, that no less means the apps are still available to them. I choose not to own an iPhone or Android device. That doesn't make them unavailable to me.
    I get your point, but would still consider the need to sideload a major barrier to adoption.
    10-08-13 02:04 PM
    For many of these, did you happen to pay attention to whether they were BB10 versions or version for older devices? Looks like maybe you didn't. For the rest... perhaps he wants actual branded apps, and not third-party apps?

• Bank of America - Not for BB10
    • Engadget - Not for BB10
    • Amazon - There is no Amazon app.
    • Concur Solutions - There is no Concur Solutions.
    • Uber - Not for BB10.
    • Instagram - There is no Instagram app.
    • Netflix - There is no Netflix app.
    • Sling Player - There is no Sling Player app.
    • eBay - Not for BB10.
    • Starbucks - There is no Starbucks app.
    • American Express - There is no American Express app.
    • PayPal - There is no PayPal app.
    • Fandango - Not for BB10.
    • IMDB - There is no IMDB app.
    • Runtastic - Not for BB10.
    • Delta Airlines - Holy cow! There's one for BB10!
    • Flighttrack - Not for BB10.
    So what you're saying is that if someone is so rigid in that an app must have a brand name on it, they simply cannot work with an alternative that will accomplish the exact same thing? If that's not herd mentality, I don't know what is. With the exception of "Uber" (the taxi app), I gave what most anybody would deem a suitable alternative that works EXACTLY the same as the different brand app; i.e. Flixster versus Fandango, and Flixster itself is a "name brand" app.
    10-08-13 02:08 PM
    I get your point, but would still consider the need to sideload a major barrier to adoption.
    Sideloading is only necessary when there's no feasible alternative and/or the user is a brand hag. And I honestly can't see why a person would have an "ethical issue" with sideloading a FREE app. Last I knew, sideloaded paid apps won't work.
    10-08-13 02:13 PM
    So what you're saying is that if someone is so rigid in that an app must have a brand name on it, they simply cannot work with an alternative that will accomplish the exact same thing?
    Nope. I didn't say that.

If that's not herd mentality, I don't know what is.
    Ok. You don't know what herd mentality is.

With the exception of "Uber" (the taxi app), I gave what most anybody would deem a suitable alternative that works EXACTLY the same as the different brand app; i.e. Flixster versus Fandango, and Flixster itself is a "name brand" app.
    You can't possibly know what "most anybody" would deem a suitable alternative to these apps.
    10-08-13 02:18 PM
    Ok. You don't know what herd mentality is.
    I guess not because, to me, the differences would be like picking a Honda Accord over a Toyota Camry; each having its own idiosyncrasies but both accomplishing the exact same thing in the end, but one is picked over the other because "everybody else has one." (Follow the crowd! Is that not herd mentality?)

But the major point of my other post is that only 6 out of the 17 he listed either can't be installed directly from or don't have an alternative in BlackBerry World. If one were to be so inclined to sideload, ALL of them are available. But I certainly understand someone not wanting to go through the hassle of sideloading. I wasn't a fan of it, either, at first. And it's still a hassle to re-sideload stuff after loading a leaked OS. But that is better than the alternative of whining about the "perceived" lack of apps on a forum full of people who don't develop any of the apps you're pining for. The secondary point was that he didn't even TRY to find the apps he claimed were so important to him.
    Last edited by tayl0rd; 10-08-13 at 02:58 PM.
    10-08-13 02:47 PM
    Taylord, you have lost your mind. Of course I want the brand name apps. I have them now. If I am going to try out a new platform, I want to use the apps that I am used to using. I don't want to side load and even if I did, wouldn't the android apps be from gingerbread or something?

Your entire angry rant shows just how far your head is in the sand. The average user, like me, wants the apps we have been using. We wont even bother going to a new platform without them. Why? Why should we. Blackberry 10 devices haven't been shown to be anything so life changing that we would abandon our ecosystem to try it out. That was the point of my post. I used the Nokia 920 thinking I could get by without the latest and greatest app selection, I was wrong.

And I did check for the apps in Blackberry world. I guess I should somehow know that this is wrong? Stop with the hate bro.
    10-08-13 02:52 PM
    Taylord, you have lost your mind. Of course I want the brand name apps. I have them now. If I am going to try out a new platform, I want to use the apps that I am used to using. I don't want to side load and even if I did, wouldn't the android apps be from gingerbread or something?

Your entire angry rant shows just how far your head is in the sand. The average user, like me, wants the apps we have been using. We wont even bother going to a new platform without them. Why? Why should we. Blackberry 10 devices haven't been shown to be anything so life changing that we would abandon our ecosystem to try it out. That was the point of my post. I used the Nokia 920 thinking I could get by without the latest and greatest app selection, I was wrong.

And I did check for the apps in Blackberry world. I guess I should somehow know that this is wrong? Stop with the hate bro.
    There was no anger or hate in my post, just frustration. All too often we get posts just like yours claiming such and such app isn't available on BlackBerry. A good many of the ones you listed off ARE in BlackBerry World with/by the same name brand; ebay, Runtastic, Delta, etc.! And now the excuse is some possibly made up notion that it's for an older version of Android!? Just totally overlook the "name brand" ones with the "Built for BlackBerry" stamp! That stamp means it was built to natively run under BB10 OS, not the Android runtime.
    10-08-13 03:10 PM
    There was no anger or hate in my post, just frustration. All too often we get posts just like yours claiming such and such app isn't available on BlackBerry. A good many of the ones you listed off ARE in BlackBerry World with/by the same name brand; ebay, Runtastic, Delta, etc.! And now the excuse is some possibly made up notion that it's for an older version of Android. Just totally overlook the "name brand" ones with the "Built for BlackBerry" stamp! That stamp means it was built to natively run under BB10 OS, not the Android runtime.
    You may say its the same app, but its not the same app. As I stated, I used WP where many of the apps I have listed used to be covered with 3rd party replacements. Some of them were ok, some were pretty good, but none of them were as good as the real thing. Im sorry it frustrates you but its a fact. And some of your replacements are simply not replacements at all. I dont use concur solutions to track time. I used to approve expense reports for my direct reports. I use it to book travel and hotels. Concur is what my company uses for all of our travel. I also have a corporate account with Uber. So I need Uber. As far as the others, I checked from my desktop and clicked on compatible devices. If Blackberry world is wrong, then that is a pretty big problem right there.

EDIT: I see that there are seperate apps for BB10. By bad on those.

EDIT 2: I dont see Ebay for Blackberry 10 though.
    DS1331 likes this.
    10-08-13 03:22 PM

EDIT 2: I dont see Ebay for Blackberry 10 though.
    Ebay is available in BlackBerry World. I believe that it is most similar to the wp8 version of the app + gesture controls of course.

(BBM#33)
    10-08-13 03:51 PM
    Not counting games, here is a list of apps that I currently use on both Android and IOS (depending on the day) that are not available for BB10 devices:

Bank of America
    Engadget
    Amazon
    Concur Solutions
    Uber
    Instagram
    Netflix
    Sling Player
    Ebay
    Starbucks
    American Express
    Paypal
    Fandango
    IMDB
    Runtastic
    Delta Airlines
    Flight track

I would have given BB10 a try, but for my needs, apps are not overrated.
    Some of these apps like amazon are just not necessary. Others that are useful like runtastic are available for bb10. Then theres others like starbucks app that id probably install if available, but in uk near me all starbucks are franchises, so you go with your starbucks app only to be told they wont accept it. Still starbucks free internet thats useful and that works...

( 1 x shift ) !~ /^1?$|^(11+?)\1+$/
    10-08-13 03:55 PM
    YES! I still picked a BlackBerry Z10 over the iPhone 5. But I still have to use my iPod for apps like Instagram and Snapchat. And other gaming apps that BlackBerry doesn't have. But they NEED an Instagram and a Snapchat. Those are necessary if they want more teenagers' attentions.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:39 PM
    Just a pertinent question here...
    When you buy a car, you buy it for the stereo that's in it or you buy it for what the car can do?
    You can install an aftermarket gadget anytime after...

...forever BlackBerry...
    puma17 and anfidhlear like this.
    10-08-13 10:03 PM
    Just a pertinent question here...
    When you buy a car, you buy it for the stereo that's in it or you buy it for what the car can do?
    You can install an aftermarket gadget anytime after...

...forever BlackBerry...
    But does the car really allow you to install ANY aftermarket gadget like other models do?
    10-08-13 10:05 PM
    But does the car really allow you to install ANY aftermarket gadget like other models do?
    Well not in this case, in which the car is really magically a phone which has nothing to do with cars really.
    10-08-13 10:37 PM
    It was a comparison, don't get it word by word...

...forever BlackBerry...
    10-08-13 10:42 PM
    "Any" is a broad term...
    I guess with sufficient knowledge most if not all needed aftermarket gadgets can be installed.
    I never said that BlackBerry phones are easy to set up and customize, but it isn't an impossible task. If one likes it, one will go on and get it done. If not...well, move on.
    Definitely this isn't a selling feature, but BlackBerry isn't for everyone.

...forever BlackBerry...
    10-08-13 10:50 PM
    Doesn't the developers for netflix, instagram, vine, etc, have to create the app FOR blackberry use? If so, then I don't see how it's blackberry's fault that these apps don't exist if they are not created.

There are a few apps I would like to have that are available on android and IOS but not on blackberry, however, The phone in general is just an overall better phone. the calendar is better then android and IOS, the remember feature on blackberry is great, the email is wonderful, and I don't have to have a gmail account (which I hate) to work my phone.

I was able to sideload instagram, pintrest, tumblr, amex, JEFIT, MyFitnessPal, and few others, however, even if I couldn't have those, as long as I have facebook and twitter, Im good.

Personally, I think an app like netflix is pointless on a phone because it will 1) run down the battery, 2) If Im ever in a position where I will have time to watch a movie (i.e, airport) I have my laptop anyway. So Really what's the point on netflix on your phone.

My brother brags about how he can his galaxy as a remote for his tv, but he shut up when I pointed out that his tv already came with a remote. Basically, what Im getting at is, a lot of the apps people are ******** about are pointless to have on a phone. They'd rather have a toy.
    10-09-13 03:43 AM
327 ... 1011121314