...just give me a respective banking app where I can pay cheque's in, and I'll be happy.
    10-04-13 08:15 PM
    Am a proud Q10 owner and everybody I show it to is amazed by it. Especially the OS and the flow.
    One thing they have in common? They didn't know about it, they haven't seen it before. People really sometimes look like, they weren't aware that such magic even existed, they seemed so boxed in by android and IOS dictated ways of working.

I'm amazed there are no more funny, good, interesting BlackBerry adds out there. I'm amazed that my mobile shop only have dummy phones when it comes to BlackBerry but real live phones for the competition.

People need to know about OS10, cuz they don't! They need to see it and try it out.
    OS10 has plenty of apps and will get more.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:57 PM
    My z10 is getting boring because there is no apps, I like blackberry and the hub and texting but I can not text 24/7 I need apps to play and also I have tdbank and they don't have the app, so if blackberry had apps like apple and android blackberry would be in a different place this days and most of every one feel the same way about the apps on blackberry. BlackBerry should spend more money on making apps not coming out with new phones ever month

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 09:30 PM
    While slightly off topic but in conjunction with this thread, is, that the iPod, then later the iPhone, allowed consumers to purchase an Apple product without becoming a "Mac fanboi". The iPhone created a separate "Apple" culture that while a part of Apple, almost has nothing to do with it. Many iPhone users would never dare to even dream of owning a Mac computer. RIM could have accomplished this with the PlayBook, which should have lead to a more developed BB10 and ecosystem (and sales) at launch.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crucial bbq; 10-05-13 at 12:21 AM.
    10-04-13 09:36 PM
    I have waited soooooooo long for a BlackBerry device that would satisfy my needs. When the Z10 came out I was convinced that BlackBerry was back! I still love my bb! I always have and always will! I don't care about all the "fluff" apps that I was able to get during my short time with Android, as that I need productivity! Unfortunately I am still waiting, and hoping, that BlackBerry will get a PayPal Mobile app so that I can take credit cards from my clients again. :-( as it stands currently, I have to keep my old android phone (no service except WIFI) on hand JUST to take credit card payments from my clients. Even then, I have to pray for WIFI availability in order to not look like an *****......or unprepared to take their money. BlackBerry! I love you, but get me some PayPal Mobile, and "PayPal Here" apps!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 09:36 PM
    I'd like to think the Blackberry user is a little more sophisticated and doesn't need to be able to creep people's pics in instragram, which you see on every social media sites anyway, to determine the quality of a product. But I am starting to question that lol. The other thing is if people supported this great product apps like instragram would come to BlackBerry and you'd all be happy .

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 09:57 PM
    It isn�t Instagram or Netflix alone. It�s all the missing bank and financial apps, the airline apps, the travel apps, the calendar apps, and all the other items that are helpful in organizing, doing business, and traveling.

I only recently began looking at all the postings from those who live in the BB silo. And I came to it after trying, and returning, the Z10. It has the potential to be the best smartphone out there, although the Z30 may have more promise. I can understand how one might think the Z10 is the pinnacle if coming for a BB legacy model, but that�s not a growth market. The Z10 falls short for those of us coming from the Android or Apple world.

My first cell phone was the original Motorola Razr, which was a phone capable of a few other things. When I wanted more, I tried whatever was BB�s latest and greatest at the time. It was returned after about two weeks in favor or T-Mobile�s G-1, better for my needs at the time. When I upgraded from that, BB still had its legacy models out so it was Galaxy S for me. When the S died, I tried the Z10. I loved so much about it I really, really tried to make it work. But the apps just are not there and sideloading is a nightmare.

It is the apps, and a bit more. BB got a few things right with the Z10 - the feel of the phone in the hand, the basics, the motions to move from one thing to another - but it missed on too much else.
    10-04-13 09:57 PM
    I have to ask. Why do you need an app to use PayPal. Just go to PayPal site m.paypal.com on your BlackBerry and bookmark it lol

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:01 PM
    I have to ask. Why do you need an app to use PayPal. Just go to PayPal site m.paypal.com on your BlackBerry and bookmark it lol

Posted via CB10
    Good question.

The app gives more functionality, like the ability to find nearby merchants.

In select locations, you can check in and pay with the app, nothing else needed. You literally pay with one touch. Can't be done from the web.
    10-04-13 10:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    You aren't able to swipe a credit card for a transaction through the Paypal site. "Paypal here" processes credit card transactions with support for ios devices, and some android smartphones (not tablets). It's really useful especially since Paypal only charges 2.7% + $0.30 for cc using the card reader attachment, or 3.7% -ish? + $0.30 for cc inputed without the card reader attachment.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:14 PM
    I agree the unique strengths of BB10 were largely dropped from marketing (With respect to the Q10, keyboard, designed for 1-handed use, UI optimized for communication, calendar and contact management, removable battery, HDMI out, expand storage w SD card support). To this list I would add Android App compatibility, except that the promise of that compatibility appears to have been purposefully undermined for no clear reason by requiring the arcane sideloading (and even debug tokens in some cases). Good lord in a pinch I really like having Netflix, Yelp, spotify, etc on my Q10. They work great; I would be unhappy with my Q10 if not.

In such a competitive market, the potential buyer only needs a scrap of a reason the favor a competing platform. The unavailability of an app they use occasionally would, I think, be enough of a basis to decide against BlackBerry. I believe the failure to fully support a curated Android App store on BlackBerry 10 killed the platform's chances of success.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:47 PM
    I LOVE my Z10 and while I would never trade it (I am a huge BlackBerry fan) I do miss the apps and games available on the Android platform. Unfortunately those are deal breakers for most people and I think that BlackBerry would have a lot more popularity if they did embrace a little more entertainment and not just strict functionality.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:46 PM
    It's all about the app I'm also thinking of getting ios cos they have a lot of app that I need like Netflix, instergram, rebel etc

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 02:17 AM
    This experience at the local mall, is the crux of the " app" problem. Near the entrance is a big sign shouting out to download their mall application. There was a QR code to scan that puts you to where you can install either the iPhone or Android app. No BlackBerry app. So the immediate feeling the consumer gets is that he is not important and has been left behind if he has a Blackberry.
    10-05-13 02:55 AM
    Maybe it's the ecosystem, maybe not. As a BlackBerry user, when offered an iPhone 5 at upgrade time I told the sales person in the Vodafone shop that I wanted the Z10. He was mildly amused, but not shocked. Why? because I'm not that f***k*n* unique. Clearly there is something other than apps which is attracting some (albeit perhaps not enough) to BBRY. The contrarian case is that the Co ought to find out what that something is (if it doesn't know already) and strengthen that, rather than keep trying to increase BBRY's iPhone-ness. (Adopts 'Stewie' accent). My mind is focused on more rarefied, refined matters. I have no time for trivial time-wasting activities. To me apps are for the vulgar and sheepish masses. (Stewie ends). OK so I wasn't being entirely serious there, but there's often an element of truth spoken in jest.

Posted by the inimitable Z10 handheld system
    10-05-13 03:03 AM
    Wow that analogy is....um......

Sent from my beautiful white iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    10-05-13 04:35 AM
    I'd like to think the Blackberry user is a little more sophisticated and doesn't need to be able to creep people's pics in instragram, which you see on every social media sites anyway, to determine the quality of a product. But I am starting to question that lol. The other thing is if people supported this great product apps like instragram would come to BlackBerry and you'd all be happy .

Posted via CB10
    Creep people's pics????

Really????

Sent from my beautiful white iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    10-05-13 04:48 AM
    I think blackberry hasn't established its brand to the average consumer back then. They were targeting business and organisation customer and they didnt change the direction when iphone and android were releasing to the market until now. To be frank, I havent heard of blackberry even after the release of iphone and android. Its too late for the transomation now. The key word is "late", even if instagram or whatever big app reaches blackberry, it doesnt change anything.

Try to analyse, if blackberry can release this new os shortly after iphone release, wouldnt it increase the chance of blackberry to sell giving consumer more options and since iphone back then hasnt rooted well in peoples brain.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 05:44 AM
    I seriously think apps are the reason why people don't

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 06:24 AM
    I need an app dat can grab my screen. Sometimes you just wish you can just grab like before but wit BB10 u can do that. Am a BBZ10 user

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 06:27 AM
    I think blackberry hasn't established its brand to the average consumer back then. They were targeting business and organisation customer and they didnt change the direction when iphone and android were releasing to the market until now. To be frank, I havent heard of blackberry even after the release of iphone and android. Its too late for the transomation now. The key word is "late", even if instagram or whatever big app reaches blackberry, it doesnt change anything.

Try to analyse, if blackberry can release this new os shortly after iphone release, wouldnt it increase the chance of blackberry to sell giving consumer more options and since iphone back then hasnt rooted well in peoples brain.

Posted via CB10
    +1 well said
    10-05-13 06:42 AM
    If the app situation is such a big deal then why not get a second device, a $150 android tablet for example, to cover the one or two deal breaking app shortfalls. Still works out cheaper to carry a Z10 and keep a 7" tablet for those few moments I might need gapps or Netflix (which I don't) than a top end Android or iThingy. Looking around passengers when at an airport for example and you see many people with both types of iDevices ... $1000+ to watch a movie on the move even though they had the app coverage to see it on one device ... crazy!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 07:07 AM
    I completely agree with the author. I left a IPHONE 5 and I'm glad I did. My Z10 is a much easier phone to use and much more practical for my needs.

10-05-13 07:26 AM
    If the app situation is such a big deal then why not get a second device, a $150 android tablet for example, to cover the one or two deal breaking app shortfalls. Still works out cheaper to carry a Z10 and keep a 7" tablet for those few moments I might need gapps or Netflix (which I don't) than a top end Android or iThingy. Looking around passengers when at an airport for example and you see many people with both types of iDevices ... $1000+ to watch a movie on the move even though they had the app coverage to see it on one device ... crazy!!!

Posted via CB10
    ... or just get an an Android or iPhone to begin with...

That's what BBRY is facing.
    10-05-13 08:16 AM
    Yes, I switched from the iPhone 4s to the Black berry Z10. But unfortunately I'm gonna have to go back to the iPhone once my contract ends because I use to pay my credit card bills through the credit card apps, do my banking through my banks apps, enjoy my Netflix and right now I can't do any of that because Blackberry refuses to allow us to download apps that's needed for everyday things. So yes, I will be going back to the iPhone unless BlackBerry allows apps to be downloaded. I like BlackBerry but I feel a need for my apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:26 AM
327 ... 7891011 ...