Subjective opinion... maybe bias... maybe due to lack of experience...

Had (have) BlackBerry Passport with BlackBerry 10. Due to my job and lack of support for necessary apps, I had to change to a Key1.

Key1, my first android... using it for about a year now, I realize how much I prefer BlackBerry 10. It seems so refined... seemingly defaulting to my preferred settings. More intuitive in use... maybe I'm still learning android, but I feel android makes it difficult to find my preferred settings.

Maybe i'll change my thoughts at some point, but as of now, I miss BlackBerry 10.

Well... even though key1 is my phone, my Passport has become my mini-tablet with wifi.
    03-18-19 03:56 AM

Had (have) BlackBerry Passport with BlackBerry 10. Due to my job and lack of support for necessary apps, I had to change to a Key1.

Key1, my first android... using it for about a year now, I realize how much I prefer BlackBerry 10. It seems so refined... seemingly defaulting to my preferred settings. More intuitive in use... maybe I'm still learning android, but I feel android makes it difficult to find my preferred settings.

Maybe i'll change my thoughts at some point, but as of now, I miss BlackBerry 10.

Well... even though key1 is my phone, my Passport has become my mini-tablet with wifi.
    There is no accounting for preference. There are also many who still long for BBOS and WebOS.
    03-18-19 05:22 AM
    03-18-19 06:23 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is fantastic. Too bad it never got to take off with application support and sales.
    Flatman, BigAl_BB9900 and Sime0n_S like this.
    03-18-19 08:18 PM
    You can miss BB10, but the reality is it didn't meet your needs... thus you moved on.

Is everyone here a 100% happy with Android... no. Most here miss features of BB10 all the time. Just like some here think that the 9900 or 9650 were the pinnacle of smartphone engineering. Really is no right or wrong, just personal preferences... and tricks of memory (we general remember the good and the bad fades).
    03-19-19 07:05 AM
    I hate the android notications

Posted via CB10
    RuFuS_PT likes this.
    03-19-19 06:51 PM
    Love my bb10 oh well time to move on

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 07:13 PM
    I dual carry and I thought Android 9 would help but it is still a jumbled mess.

Posted via CB10
    WES51 and RuFuS_PT like this.
    03-20-19 08:31 AM

Hey Jack,

I'm definitely with you on BB10! Sorry to hear the app situation made you go to a Key1. You could always make the Key1 your mini-tablet with wifi, if your job allows....
    03-20-19 02:11 PM

Motion + Key2...still prefer Passport SE with BB10 OS!!
    03-21-19 10:11 AM
    I dual carry as well. Android is outright garbage. As a result it has become totally unfashionable - not that I care but it is true - using Android has become embarrassing.

But wait, I'm sure the on-duty Blackberry Mobile propaganda spin machine will now correct every word that I just said (I should make this line my signature).
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    03-22-19 09:55 AM
    I dual carry as well. Android is outright garbage. As a result it has become totally unfashionable - not that I care but it is true - using Android has become embarrassing.

But wait, I'm sure the on-duty Blackberry Mobile propaganda spin machine will now correct every word that I just said (I should make this line my signature).
    Nothing to do with BBMo, but what indications do you see that the OS used by 87% of the world has suddenly become unfashionable and embarrassing to them?
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-22-19 10:24 AM
    Nothing to do with BBMo, but what indications do you see that the OS used by 87% of the world has suddenly become unfashionable and embarrassing to them?
    Ha-ha. That did not take long.

What percentage of the world is driving high-end cars such as Mercedes, BMW, Porsche or Ferrari?

Nice spin-try, but there is your answer.
    03-22-19 10:29 AM
    Ha-ha. That did not take long.

What percentage of the world is driving high-end cars such as Mercedes, BMW, Porsche or Ferrari?

Nice spin-try, but there is your answer.
    My response had nothing to do with BBMo.

But I'll ask again, what indications exist that 87% of the world's smartphone users are suddenly embarrassed by Android?

Please provide a citation.
    03-22-19 10:33 AM

But I'll ask again, what indications exist that 87% of the world's smartphone users are suddenly embarrassed by Android?

Ha-ha-ha. Keep trying.

Android is mostly used by people who can't afford a real phone or don't care to have one. There is your numbers.

But wait, I'm sure you have other arguments, I can't wait to be hit more.

Android is for peasants. Sorry, but that is the truth - and I'm using Android as well, as necessity and because I don't care about that image.
    03-22-19 10:37 AM
    Ha-ha-ha. Keep trying.

Android is mostly used by people who can't afford a real phone or don't care to have one. There is your numbers.

But wait, I'm sure you have other arguments, I can't wait to be hit more.

Android is for peasants. Sorry, but that is the truth.
    The Note 9, S10+, P30 Pro, and the dozen other $1000+ Android phones are for peasants?

The premium Android device segment by ITSELF eclipses ALL iPhone sales.
    03-22-19 10:39 AM
    The Note 9, S10+, P30 Pro, and the dozen other $1000+ Android phones are for peasants?
    Yes.
    03-22-19 10:39 AM
    Sorry. I don't like it either, but someone had to say it.
    03-22-19 10:41 AM
    Yes.
    Are you in high-school?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-22-19 10:45 AM
    Are you in high-school?
    No.

I work with the top 1% (richest and most successful) for the past 20 years.

NONE of these people has Android (but I'm sure you will chime in with the exceptions).
    03-22-19 10:52 AM
    No.

I work with the top 1% (richest and most successful) for the past 20 years.

NONE of these people has Android (but I'm sure you will chime in with the exceptions).
    You are my new hero, taking on the man.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-19 12:25 PM
    You are my new hero, taking on the man.

Posted via CB10
    Ha-ha. Thanks, but I'm not trying to be a hero. Just stating the obvious.

By the way, I don't believe he is 1x person. I rather believe that he is the main character of this site, writing under different personas.

From HIS-BUSINESS point of view, it makes sense to defend Android, because Android and Blackberry Mobile are closely relatable AND because the future faith and success of this Crackberry site, HIS-BUSINESS, will arguably follow the faith of Blackberry Mobile. He is trying really hard and I even wish him luck.

BUT he is much too late and missed his grand opportunities years ago, when he had much more power and he could have used that power to push his and his followers agenda with Blackberry management.

Instead he seemingly limited himself to generously helping the Blackberry community as well as he engaged in creative fanboyish excuses on behalf of Blackberry. Unfortunately he did not realize - people want results and not excuses. And just like Blackberry, apparently he still has not learned the lesson.
    03-22-19 01:00 PM
    What are your reasons for considering Android to be "outright garbage"? Hyperbole aside, I think you have a point, and it may be useful to hear your analysis.

Second, what will you do if and when BB10 is no longer usable? @bb10adopter111 is seriously considering an iphone, and I'm hoping bb10 lasts until some new communication paradigm outside of the duopoly arrives - perhaps some iteration or descendant of Windows Andromeda (WA apparently exists but MS has apparently either mothballed it or is working on a successor). What do you advise?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-19 01:38 PM

Perhaps WES can provide citations for that if you can provide citations for your oft-cited assertion that Blackberry 10 was DOA unless it made it to market in 2009. I think that's a fair exchange.
    03-22-19 01:53 PM
    Perhaps WES can provide citations for that if you can provide citations for your oft-cited assertion that Blackberry 10 was DOA unless it made it to market in 2009. I think that's a fair exchange.
    Many of us have explained that at infinitum over the course of 4 years and backed it up with detailed facts, figures, examples, articles, etc, etc. You can review dozens of threads, with hundreds of contributors. You don't have to believe it, but at least the legwork has been done and a solid case put forward.

In this case however, do you actually believe all Android smartphone users are peasants and are suddenly embarrassed? This seems out of left field and is laughably inaccurate even on the face of it.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-22-19 01:57 PM
32 12