So the Passport has been designed to show eight Active Frames on 1 page. This means the last four are smaller in size and need a special Active Frame layout. The dimensions are pretty well documented (440x195), but it seems that not even BlackBerry themselves have bothered to make sure all of their apps use them.

Talking about things like: BBM, Remember, Calendar, Phone, Assistant, BBWorld, Social Apps (LI, FB, TW), and even Camera and Travel (their Active Frame is just a generic image).
    And then there are apps that still don't even bother with an Active Frame at all: Contacts, Gtalk, Browser, Maps, Calculator, Smart Tags.

All of these, I feel, would benefit greatly from displaying at least something in their Active Frame even the Small size. And all of them seem like apps that a user might actually want to keep open at some point. I really hope they do eventually get around to adding these Frames, or how else will third party developers ever be convinced it is worth it. At least they should just add a generic image if they don't feel like adding any functionality to it.
    thanasi and VeryBumpy like this.
    11-12-14 01:22 PM
    I noticed that too... speaking of which, some of the active frames such as Camera, Remember) need to be pimped up, give theme some color, some life, their black and gray look very sad. I know us, BlackBerry user, are more into productivity than making our device to look like a toy, but why taking that so serious... just wondering

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 03:51 PM
    Remember actually takes on the colour of your note folders. So if you colour code certain types, it easily shows you what kind of upcoming reminders you have. The gray is for no reminders, or all overdue so I think that might have been on purpose.

I like Active Frames a lot, I hope all apps will eventually use them in some form.

Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    11-12-14 06:14 PM
    A separate issue: I wish the Passport would have supported 9 AF. I know one more doesn't sound like a lot, but I think three large AF at the top and six small AF at the bottom would make a lot of sense.
    There are plenty of times when I really want to keep a lot of apps open and using the Assistant, Phone or similar pushes another app off the screen when I didn't want it too.

Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    11-13-14 07:40 AM
    I agree. All apps should be required to make use of Active Frames.
    12-24-14 09:50 AM