As an Anti-iphone person and spending the last 2 years on an android device (metro pcs doesn't support Blackberry anymore so I had to switch to AT&T to pick up the Passport) I truly believe Blackberry 10 is the best OS on all aspects. The Zed10 was my first BB10 device and I absolutely loved it. The lack of apps on BB10 doesn't phase me at all since I am not an app kinda guy and what really gets me the most is how productive this OS allows you to be. Firing message effortlessly without interrupting what your doing on the phone. The peek gesture, instant previews, those are my favorite features but not limited to those and the Passport does an amazing job on maximizing that experience with the physical keyboard/touch screen combo.

These rumors about Blackberry abandoning BB10 OS is truly saddening but this OS has so much potential I don't see how or why they will drop this excellent platform. Blackberry has come up with something great here and for them to leave it behind would be a HUGE mistake.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 06:35 AM
    No matter how much we may love BBRY and BB10, the sad reality is that the market did not embrace it as the company had hoped. Of course, the reasons for that has been discussed to death, and we cannot ignore the reality that apps are important to the majority of consumers. So while I agree with you that BB10 offers a rich user experience, generally speaking, that alone is not enough to keep its handset division viable.
    08-23-15 07:02 AM
    No matter how much we may love BBRY and BB10, the sad reality is that the market did not embrace it as the company had hoped. Of course, the reasons for that has been discussed to death, and we cannot ignore the reality that apps are important to the majority of consumers. So while I agree with you that BB10 offers a rich user experience, generally speaking, that alone is not enough to keep its handset division viable.
    Damn. Good point.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 12:53 PM
    Yeah I feel bad for them too!

Bb10 is so awesome I just wish that the app gap was fixed ... hope that they don't stop bb10 development....

The only thing I hated was the early bugs when the OS was just released.. and hope that in the future people wouldn't need to reload the OS as a common problems solution...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 01:07 PM
    Don't feel sorry for them. They are happy with what they have. I feel sorry for people who have to dig thru dumpsters just to eat.
    08-23-15 01:20 PM
    Don't feel sorry for them. They are happy with what they have. I feel sorry for people who have to dig thru dumpsters just to eat.
    Well that escalated quickly

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and 00stryder like this.
    08-23-15 05:24 PM
    Well that escalated quickly

Posted via CB10
    LOL wouldn't call it escalating but if your going to feel sorry for somebody just because they haven't used a certain piece of tech I guess go right ahead.
    08-23-15 05:35 PM
    LOL wouldn't call it escalating but if your going to feel sorry for somebody just because they haven't used a certain piece of tech I guess go right ahead.
    Great point. While some of us worry about getting the latest and greatest technology, there are others out there worrying where the next meal is coming from.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    08-23-15 05:39 PM
    I used to be one of those people who thought "BlackBerry is dead, won't be buying them".

But after Symbian Nokia died, I gave BlackBerry a try; and I was amazed at how productive the BlackBerry OS is. I do definitely wish that people who dismiss BlackBerry at least make the decision after trying it.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 06:42 PM
    Don't feel sorry for them. They are happy with what they have.
    This is the key right here. The reality is that BlackBerry only lost everyone when they really failed to keep people 'happy with what they had'. Unless Android and iOS suddenly become overwhelming 'not good enough' for its users, then... they're not going to look elsewhere.

We'll see... but I agree that BB10 would have probably suited more people than it sales numbers reflect, they just never had enough reasons to take a look.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-23-15 07:00 PM
    Well I tried it and bb10 is not bad, it just lacking in native apps that I use. Most of the android apps I tried didn't work for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:40 PM
    This is the key right here. The reality is that BlackBerry only lost everyone when they really failed to keep people 'happy with what they had'. Unless Android and iOS suddenly become overwhelming 'not good enough' for its users, then... they're not going to look elsewhere.

We'll see... but I agree that BB10 would have probably suited more people than it sales numbers reflect, they just never had enough reasons to take a look.

Posted via CB10
    Valid.
    08-24-15 08:10 AM