Hi,

I am a previous user of Android Lollipop and I had a LG G Watch, however my phone broke and I ended buying a Blackberry bold which I loved so I bought the Passport.

I didn't think I would miss my watch so much... isn't there anything good for BlackBerry? Why can't we have a good watch for their amazing phone?

I know the pebble works, but I heard BBM didn't match well which hurts a lot. Also, I find it ugly compared to my LG G Watch R.

Also, I heard Talk2Watch must be running to keep the watch connected which sucks because I am used to close all my apps in the multitasking.

I am a developer, maybe some people could point me out some ways how I could figure out how Android Wear communicates with an android phone and try to make a similar native app?

Or maybe there is a good watch or something I am not aware of?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    02-22-15 05:24 PM
    There is this: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...y-10-a-874449/
    02-22-15 05:49 PM
    Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of that one but I did see a thread where someone was working on an app for Sony Smartwatch though. Just doesn't look functional enough yet

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    02-22-15 09:41 PM
    We are very excited about our new watchfaces in Barcelona-Omitsis. In our website you can find some carefully designed watch face for Android wear. The first one was Eixample, inspired by this stunning quarter of Barcelona, and now we have some others also great. We are very proud of all of them and we would be happy to know your opinion.
    At least look around before you advertise your own product. BlackBerry doesn't support android wear

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    diegonei and James St-Pierre like this.
    02-24-15 02:47 AM
    We are very excited about our new watchfaces in Barcelona-Omitsis. In our website you can find some carefully designed watch face for Android wear. The first one was Eixample, inspired by this stunning quarter of Barcelona, and now we have some others also great. We are very proud of all of them and we would be happy to know your opinion.
    I need a Smartwatch!-iwkad22.jpg
    02-24-15 08:41 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iWKad22.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	336517
    Fixed it for ya
    Btw ( *rotfl* )

CB10 - Q10
    02-24-15 08:46 AM
    we are very excited about our new watchfaces in barcelona-omitsis. In our website you can find some carefully designed watch face for android wear. The first one was eixample, inspired by this stunning quarter of barcelona, and now we have some others also great. We are very proud of all of them and we would be happy to know your opinion.

I need a Smartwatch!-crackberry-image-2-.jpg

cb10 - q10
    diegonei likes this.
    02-24-15 08:49 AM
    Just heard that Pebble has just started to take pre orders for its "Pebble Time", launching tomorrow. Improvements are a colour ink screen with same battery capacity (7 days), better app integration (The Weather Channel, ESPN, Jawbone, Evernote et Pandora) come pre loaded & voice commands for messages and memos.
    Pre ordering on KickStarter is 159$ with free worldwide delivery instead of the regular199$ when officially out.

Is there hope we might finally get a work-around for BBM ? As usual, only Android & iOS are mentioned in this french article :
    http://geeko.lesoir.be/2015/02/24/pe...ecran-couleur/

Posted via CB 10 from rockin' Z30
    02-24-15 10:44 AM
    Just heard that Pebble has just started to take pre orders for its "Pebble Time", launching tomorrow. Improvements are a colour ink screen with same battery capacity (7 days), better app integration (The Weather Channel, ESPN, Jawbone, Evernote et Pandora) come pre loaded & voice commands for messages and memos.
    Pre ordering on KickStarter is 159$ with free worldwide delivery instead of the regular199$ when officially out.

Is there hope we might finally get a work-around for BBM ? As usual, only Android & iOS are mentioned in this french article :
    http://geeko.lesoir.be/2015/02/24/pe...ecran-couleur/

Yeah just saw that, I think I am going to go for the Pebble, hopefully they make it headless soon (Talk2Watch)

Posted via CB10
    10_z_no gimmick likes this.
    02-24-15 12:05 PM

Pebble d�voile sa nouvelle montre, dot�e d?un �cran couleur | geeko

Android Wear. 'nuff said.
    10_z_no gimmick likes this.
    02-24-15 12:49 PM