Hello everyone. I just bought a new passport and I love it. I would like To know which browser works better for it. Thank you!
    09-10-20 07:54 AM
    Fennec is one many here like... Kiwi is another that get's lot's of votes. But these are Android ports - but really the only way to go now.

But some don't like using Android apps.... for those Browsie or Evolution are a must, but those use them same outdated BB10 Webkit engine.
    09-10-20 10:09 AM
    Fennec is one many here like... Kiwi is another that get's lot's of votes. But these are Android ports - but really the only way to go now.

But some don't like using Android apps.... for those Browsie or Evolution are a must, but those use them same outdated BB10 Webkit engine.
    Paperbird is another native browser quite often mentioned here now but as you say all native browsers have that outdated engine. To the OP: android browsers such as those mentioned above will work but at this point, are slow. Nothing can be done to improve on that afaik.
    09-10-20 10:35 AM
    The natives browsers sucks
    Try Fennec from XCrazy or Firefox 57.0
    09-10-20 11:36 AM
    Paperbird is another native browser quite often mentioned here now but as you say all native browsers have that outdated engine. To the OP: android browsers such as those mentioned above will work but at this point, are slow. Nothing can be done to improve on that afaik.
    Just like using a 2013 Laptop would be slow compared to one of today's flagship laptops.

Today's apps and websites are not built to function with the lowest common denominator...
    09-10-20 02:07 PM
    Just like using a 2013 Laptop would be slow compared to one of today's flagship laptops.

Today's apps and websites are not built to function with the lowest common denominator...
    Yep - started up an old Dell Latitude D610 (once-upon-a-time a flagship device!) yesterday running Win 98 and man is that a slugboat lol. Still connects with an old Firefox and takes forever to load. Looks funny without all those web elements.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-10-20 02:18 PM
    Yep - started up an old Dell Latitude D610 (once-upon-a-time a flagship device!) yesterday running Win 98 and man is that a slugboat lol. Still connects with an old Firefox and takes forever to load. Looks funny without all those web elements.
    LMFAO, yeah and when it was new it was ‘hey look how fast and powerful my new laptop is’.

It’s all relative of course but just think how much time you save these days because of how much faster technology is, oh hold on we probably waste 10 times the amount of time just because tech is so much faster, smaller and available. Ah well!
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-12-20 11:56 AM
    LMFAO, yeah and when it was new it was ‘hey look how fast and powerful my new laptop is’.

It’s all relative of course but just think how much time you save these days because of how much faster technology is, oh hold on we probably waste 10 times the amount of time just because tech is so much faster, smaller and available. Ah well!
    Or how much less time you are given to perform a task....
    09-14-20 10:13 AM
    Or how much less time you are given to perform a task....
    Back in those days, to be fair, web sites were a lot less irritating lol, much easier to load without all the bloat. Kinda miss that part for sure.
    09-14-20 10:18 AM
    Back in those days, to be fair, web sites were a lot less irritating lol, much easier to load without all the bloat. Kinda miss that part for sure.
    Have a Roomba vacuum cleaner.... the app for it was very simple to use. But they updated it a few weeks ago with all kinds of fancy animation and..... complexity. Sometimes simpler is just better.

But I was talking about work tasks.... things that 25 years ago they would give you a month to do "by hand", they now expect done in a week. Thanks to all the technology you have to help communicate with others and to find information and put it together in a finalized form.
    09-14-20 10:26 AM
    But they updated it a few weeks ago with all kinds of fancy animation and..... complexity. Sometimes simpler is just better.
    Yep, totally agree. Sometimes it seems that "fluff" is just to keep devs around for when a "useful" function is needed or added, lol.
    But I was talking about work tasks.... things that 25 years ago they would give you a month to do "by hand", they now expect done in a week. Thanks to all the technology you have to help communicate with others and to find information and put it together in a finalized form.
    Totally agree.
    09-14-20 11:39 AM
    Yep, totally agree. Sometimes it seems that "fluff" is just to keep devs around for when a "useful" function is needed or added, lol.

Totally agree.
    Department budgets, use em or lose em
    09-14-20 05:39 PM
    Saw this thread a little late and thought I'd add that Dolphin Browser does work on BB10. I'm currently running Dolphin version 12.1.1 on my Passport and I haven't had any major issues with it.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) and ildo19 like this.
    09-21-20 08:20 PM