I don't know if it is normal but my battery doesn't really get me through a fill day of use. I am forced to bring a spare charger around with me at school. I don't play any games during the day, just normal text, Facebook and some internet. I keep my brightness pretty low. I understand that I wont get the same battery as my former 9900 but I don't think it's normal.

It's weird how the q10 has a 2100mah battery and the z10 has a 1800mah battery even though this one has the bigger screen. If anything it should have been the other way aroud.

Anybody else having battery issues. I hope blackberry issues an update making the os more battery efficient.

P.s: cb 10 app is awesome, just get the home page in this app and we are flying.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-07-13 02:20 PM
    My initial battery use hasn't been great, but I'm hoping all the downloading and playing around with the new OS is the main reason for it.

Here's a couple things I've done to help my battery life (I'll only know tomorrow if they work though):

Screen Brightness - down to almost zero
    Mobile Network - I switched it to 4G... the new BB Browser is so improved, that LTE isn't really necessary for me (and I hear it's a battery hog)
    Email - I switched my non-ActiveSync email to not use push (so it only updates every 15 minutes)
    Facebook - I detached my Facebook account from the Hub and signed out of the app. I read in another forum that someone thought Facebook was draining their battery. I don't use it much, so figured I'd try that too
    Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC - all off unless needed.

Just a few things that should help my battery life. A few of them may make zero difference, but they're all settings that I can live without for now. Once PlayBook gets BB10, I'll probably end up leaving my Bluetooth on all the time so that I'm always Bridged, but for now, it's not as needed as it was before.

If I don't get very good battery life with these settings, I will suspect a lemon battery as well. Turning off these settings *should* really help, so I don't think I could blame the OS if I still get bad battery life.
    02-07-13 02:47 PM
    02-07-13 03:02 PM