WAIT! Donít think Iím a betrayer, let me explain my story.

Iíve been a HUGE BBRY fans since 2008, actually, I donít know anybody else in my network that liked BBRY more than me. I had more than 5 phones, I had the playbook, music gateways and I also traded a lot of BBRY shares.

Like most of you probably, most of my friends are on IOS or DROID, and of course, they were making fun of me with my addiction to BBRY. Iíve put a lot of hope on BB10, and to be honest, I was not disappointed with the product, I actually LOVED the product, and I think itís a shame that people are not buying it. However, I was really disappointed with BB10 sales, letís be honest, we were all expecting more. Too little, too late? Well, too little no, BB10 is an awesome product. Too lateÖ I think this is the problem.

I personally think that most of the problem comes from the sales force within the stores. I swear to god, 2 months ago, I went into a Bell store with my girlfriend, she wanted the Q10, like she really wanted it, but it took all our energy to get out of the store with this phone. The sellers were not only no pushing the Q10, they were literally discrediting it. I mean, they were like: you really want a BBRY? Look you can have the Iphone 5 or a Galaxy S4 for the same price.

After 20 minutes, trying all other phones and arguing with the guys that BBRY was a good product, My Girlfriend finally told him that she got there with the Idea of buying a Q10, so this is what she would do. The seller said: Well, okay, itís your choice after all.
    What does it means? Well, unless a customer goes in the store with a really strong idea of buying a BBRY, this customer will most of the time get out with another phone. And this is not good for BBRY. Lets say that 60% of people go in the store knowing which phone they want, well the other 40% that are not sure will NEVER get out with a BBRY. And this its actually this 40% that you need to get (these are totally build-up numbers by the way :P).

Why is it like this? Well I think its because most of the sales man in stores are young people, between 16 and 25 y.o. , and lets be honest, thereís not a lot of BBRY fans in this age tranche. I think that BBRY failed, they tried to convince the customers, but they needed to convince the Carriers and the sales man. How? Well we should ask marketing people, but Iíd say with good incentives, good trainings and whatever they needed to do.
    Okay, so back to my story, why am I quitting BBRY? Well my girlfriend washed my Z10 damn!!!! Its DONE!!! It sucks cause I really like that phone. Iím now back to my old 9900 but I find it too annoying, itís hard to go back when you had such a good product as the Z10. Iím not saying de 9900 is not a good product, itís just older (has been).

I donít want to spend 500$ for a new phone, therefore, one of my friend that has Telus franchise is giving me an Iphone 5 (heís an apple guy). It breaks my heart and it also scares me, sinceÖ. Damn I like my Z10. However, on another side, I never had a none BBRY Smartphone. Therefore, now Iíll be able to compare.

It sucks since I know that I will miss the two priceless feature that the Z10 have, The Hub, and the predictive keyboard. Wow isnít that awesome?

Anyway, Iím pretty sure that most of you already tried multiple smartphones, not me, I was too pleased with my BBRYsÖ Lets see if I was wrong to not even look at other companies.
    Dom
    11-01-13 09:55 AM
    LOL... so you are saying you love the Z phone, but people are making fun of you, so you are going to go with the flow? The good news about the iPhone is that has a GREAT resell value (ebay, etc). I have a 5 now, and it's great for music and media. But the typing is very difficult. Good luck.

Iíve been a HUGE BBRY fans since 2008, actually, I donít know anybody else in my network that liked BBRY more than me. I had more than 5 phones, I had the playbook, music gateways and I also traded a lot of BBRY shares.

Like most of you probably, most of my friends are on IOS or DROID, and of course, they were making fun of me with my addiction to BBRY. Iíve put a lot of hope on BB10, and to be honest, I was not disappointed with the product, I actually LOVED the product, and I think itís a shame that people are not buying it. However, I was really disappointed with BB10 sales, letís be honest, we were all expecting more. Too little, too late? Well, too little no, BB10 is an awesome product. Too lateÖ I think this is the problem.

I personally think that most of the problem comes from the sales force within the stores. I swear to god, 2 months ago, I went into a Bell store with my girlfriend, she wanted the Q10, like she really wanted it, but it took all our energy to get out of the store with this phone. The sellers were not only no pushing the Q10, they were literally discrediting it. I mean, they were like: you really want a BBRY? Look you can have the Iphone 5 or a Galaxy S4 for the same price.

After 20 minutes, trying all other phones and arguing with the guys that BBRY was a good product, My Girlfriend finally told him that she got there with the Idea of buying a Q10, so this is what she would do. The seller said: Well, okay, itís your choice after all.
    What does it means? Well, unless a customer goes in the store with a really strong idea of buying a BBRY, this customer will most of the time get out with another phone. And this is not good for BBRY. Lets say that 60% of people go in the store knowing which phone they want, well the other 40% that are not sure will NEVER get out with a BBRY. And this its actually this 40% that you need to get (these are totally build-up numbers by the way :P).

Why is it like this? Well I think its because most of the sales man in stores are young people, between 16 and 25 y.o. , and lets be honest, thereís not a lot of BBRY fans in this age tranche. I think that BBRY failed, they tried to convince the customers, but they needed to convince the Carriers and the sales man. How? Well we should ask marketing people, but Iíd say with good incentives, good trainings and whatever they needed to do.
    Okay, so back to my story, why am I quitting BBRY? Well my girlfriend washed my Z10 damn!!!! Its DONE!!! It sucks cause I really like that phone. Iím now back to my old 9900 but I find it too annoying, itís hard to go back when you had such a good product as the Z10. Iím not saying de 9900 is not a good product, itís just older (has been).

I donít want to spend 500$ for a new phone, therefore, one of my friend that has Telus franchise is giving me an Iphone 5 (heís an apple guy). It breaks my heart and it also scares me, sinceÖ. Damn I like my Z10. However, on another side, I never had a none BBRY Smartphone. Therefore, now Iíll be able to compare.

It sucks since I know that I will miss the two priceless feature that the Z10 have, The Hub, and the predictive keyboard. Wow isnít that awesome?

Anyway, Iím pretty sure that most of you already tried multiple smartphones, not me, I was too pleased with my BBRYsÖ Lets see if I was wrong to not even look at other companies.
    Dom
    wafiwanders and Carjackd like this.
    11-01-13 10:02 AM
    WAIT! Don’t think I’m a betrayer, let me explain my story.

I’ve been a HUGE BBRY fans since 2008, actually, I don’t know anybody else in my network that liked BBRY more than me. I had more than 5 phones, I had the playbook, music gateways and I also traded a lot of BBRY shares.

Like most of you probably, most of my friends are on IOS or DROID, and of course, they were making fun of me with my addiction to BBRY. I’ve put a lot of hope on BB10, and to be honest, I was not disappointed with the product, I actually LOVED the product, and I think it’s a shame that people are not buying it. However, I was really disappointed with BB10 sales, let’s be honest, we were all expecting more. Too little, too late? Well, too little no, BB10 is an awesome product. Too late… I think this is the problem.

After 20 minutes, trying all other phones and arguing with the guys that BBRY was a good product, My Girlfriend finally told him that she got there with the Idea of buying a Q10, so this is what she would do. The seller said: Well, okay, it’s your choice after all.

Why is it like this? Well I think its because most of the sales man in stores are young people, between 16 and 25 y.o. , and lets be honest, there’s not a lot of BBRY fans in this age tranche. I think that BBRY failed, they tried to convince the customers, but they needed to convince the Carriers and the sales man. How? Well we should ask marketing people, but I’d say with good incentives, good trainings and whatever they needed to do.
    Okay, so back to my story, why am I quitting BBRY? Well my girlfriend washed my Z10 damn!!!! Its DONE!!! It sucks cause I really like that phone. I’m now back to my old 9900 but I find it too annoying, it’s hard to go back when you had such a good product as the Z10. I’m not saying de 9900 is not a good product, it’s just older (has been).

I don’t want to spend 500$ for a new phone, therefore, one of my friend that has Telus franchise is giving me an Iphone 5 (he’s an apple guy). It breaks my heart and it also scares me, since…. Damn I like my Z10. However, on another side, I never had a none BBRY Smartphone. Therefore, now I’ll be able to compare.

It sucks since I know that I will miss the two priceless feature that the Z10 have, The Hub, and the predictive keyboard. Wow isn’t that awesome?

Anyway, I’m pretty sure that most of you already tried multiple smartphones, not me, I was too pleased with my BBRYs… Lets see if I was wrong to not even look at other companies.
    Dom
    Well good luck with your new phone. Hopefully it works for you until you can get back to blackberry.
    11-01-13 10:06 AM
    I do my own research before I buy anything including phones and do not need a salesperson to help me decide , also I search for the best price.

Also I never care what people say about my choices and SERIOUSLY if it bothers you then you should grow a pair and show some character.
    There are far more important things in life than worry what other people think about your phone.

Be happy with the choices as you go with the crowd It is not your choice I criticize but the reasoning, I hope your phone makes you happy.

Your Girlfriend might walk off with somebody that likes to be individual
    11-01-13 10:15 AM
    Wafiwanders... You look ANGRY man! :P

I think you guys missunderstood my post. I'm not swiching because people make fun of me LOL this is ridiculus. I'm swiching because I have a FREE Iphone. As opposed paying 500$ for a new Z10.

And again, you don't understand the process, If people at BBRY ignored the problem saying what you say, its a big part of the problem. Sorry but you need to CONVICE people to buy your product. its the entire concept of marketing.

Why do you think sales man are that important in a company?!?! If every body would be like you, sales man would not exists...
    11-01-13 10:22 AM
    Wafiwanders... You look ANGRY man! :P

Not at all , As I said I have no issue with his choice of getting a iphone only the reasoning in so much that I believe people should have the guts to make their own decisions and not do so just because their mates do.

Blackberry are to blame for the situation that exists and everybody knows that but that is not the issue here,

I have a BB because I wanted one and it is a good phone , not because it was fashionable or because my friends have one which they do not incidentally but simply because I wanted one and am capable of making my own decisions and do not care less what other people think !!

I do not give a F*** what phone the OP has only that his reasons for getting rid of his BB are laughable , case of if some peoples friends jumped off a cliff would they follow
    11-01-13 10:59 AM
    Nah that I understand, and this is why I've had BBRY for the pas 5-6 years...

However, I think its more than a ''Fashion Problem''. I think the fact that everybody has an iphone makes new buyer to think that this product is good and awesome... You can't never judge without testing it. Its actually what I always said to my peers. How can they say that BBRY is crap since they never tried?

Anyway, now I'll be able to compare, and as somebody said earlier, Iphone has High resale value, therefore, I'll be able to switch again if I don't like it.

And don't get me wrong, If I was giving the choice, I would have take back a Z10!! And unless Iphone is really an AWESOME product! I'm sure I'll be back to BBRY anytime soon...
    11-01-13 11:06 AM

Not at all , As I said I have no issue with his choice of getting a iphone only the reasoning in so much that I believe people should have the guts to make their own decisions and not do so just because their mates do.

Blackberry are to blame for the situation that exists and everybody knows that but that is not the issue here,

I have a BB because I wanted one and it is a good phone , not because it was fashionable or because my friends have one which they do not incidentally but simply because I wanted one and am capable of making my own decisions and do not care less what other people think !!

I do not give a F*** what phone the OP has only that his reasons for getting rid of his BB are laughable , case of if some peoples friends jumped off a cliff would they follow
    You did not read his post. He said his GF WASHED his Z10 and he does not want to shell out $500 for a replacement. He's getting the iPhone for free from a friend.
    11-01-13 11:06 AM
    You did not read his post. He said his GF WASHED his Z10 and he does not want to shell out $500 for a replacement. He's getting the iPhone for free from a friend.
    Duh Stupid me!!!!

Take back everything I said , as for for Girlfriend Make her buy a new one or take her Q10 and give her the Bold as a reward for her mistake,, anyway you can get them for $399 in your country , do you not have insurance?
    11-01-13 11:18 AM
    Meh, I see this and I think "oh, poor you, you get a free iPhone 5". Look for all the crap people here say about Apple, it's a nice device with many advantages over BB10. It's more responsive, smoother. It's got incredibly nice hardware/industrial design. It's predictable and less buggy (I've already run into multiple bugs on my Z10). It's got access to FAR more apps. Sure you lose out on some things, but you also gain some things. And you can still BBM your GF.

And hey, who knows you might actually like it far more than Blackberry. I think it's important to play with other smart phones. You can't be a good judge of what really works for you if you refuse to check out the competition. Heck if it wasn't for me wanting to try out different phones, there's no way I would've gotten a Z10. None of my friends would even consider getting a BB10 device purely because of it's terrible appstore. To most people out there, apps are one of the biggest factors, especially those who have smart phones before. And I'll admit, it's hard giving up a lot of the apps I enjoyed using when I was on Android.
    11-01-13 12:30 PM
    Every store I went to the staff were always respectful of the customer and never forced any phone on them. They only asked what the customer was looking for and went from there.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    11-02-13 01:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 01:10 AM
    LOL... so you are saying you love the Z phone, but people are making fun of you, so you are going to go with the flow? The good news about the iPhone is that has a GREAT resell value (ebay, etc). I have a 5 now, and it's great for music and media. But the typing is very difficult. Good luck.
    you did a good job of reading the part where he states someone is GIVING him an iPhone.
    11-02-13 01:11 AM

Dom
    Ok

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 01:21 AM

An that's when you tell them to get the product you are looking to purchase.Or take your business else where. You should of walked out of the store.

As for Telus franchise friend ask them for a Z30 and if you don't want it can I get one?
    Last edited by Q100; 11-02-13 at 02:47 AM.
    SK122387 likes this.
    11-02-13 01:50 AM
    Is this the part where we are supposed to plead with the OP and beg them to not leave BlackBerry, even though it has nothing to do with our lives?

These threads are the new food pictures on Instagram or pictures of a Starbucks cup, where I'm just like, "oooookkkkk.....WHY? What is the point of this?"
    11-02-13 01:57 AM
    1) Accept iPhone

2) Sell iPhone

3) Buy Z30

4) Profit!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 03:15 AM
    See, the sad thing is for a person in your predicament is that you've already used the z10 and will quickly learn how far behind the iphone 5 is .. apps aside. People who has just use the iphone and not BB10 are totally oblivious to the benefits. But if it makes you happy will the shallow friends you have then go for it. I don't judge a person on the devices they use.
    11-02-13 03:35 AM
    Didn't like my post? LOL

Ok

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:57 PM
    Nah its not that simple, don't worry I tried. He's not giving me a Brand new Iphone 5, its a buy back one (from their buy back purchase program). Don't worry asked him! If I would wait a couple of weeks he could probably give me a Z10 or Q10, howver, since there's much more IOS and Droid phones on the market, he buy back these old phone on a daily basis.

In addition, he's really an Apple fan, therefore, it was ''The Deal'' for having it free, needed to be an IOS. He basically just want to convert me to Apple I think :P

An that's when you tell them to get the product you are looking to purchase.Or take your business else where. You should of walked out of the store.

As for Telus franchise friend ask them for a Z30 and if you don't want it can I get one?
    11-02-13 01:01 PM
    Giving the fact you read the thread and took the time to reply, I'd say you have a lot of time to lose! :P

I'm pretty sure I can find a lot of useless thread/Post out of your 2,328 posting as well!

Is this the part where we are supposed to plead with the OP and beg them to not leave BlackBerry, even though it has nothing to do with our lives?

These threads are the new food pictures on Instagram or pictures of a Starbucks cup, where I'm just like, "oooookkkkk.....WHY? What is the point of this?"
    11-02-13 01:03 PM
    Lol good one

1) Accept iPhone

2) Sell iPhone

3) Buy Z30

4) Profit!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 01:04 PM
    WAIT! Don’t think I’m a betrayer, let me explain my story.
    You didn't have to explain; do what is right for you. We'll be here when you return
    11-02-13 02:51 PM
    OP, no need to justify switching platforms. You made the choice that best suits your needs. At the end of the day it is just a phone and you don't owe your loyalty to any single company. Many of us on crackberry and the other sister sites own devices on multiple platforms.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    11-04-13 09:05 PM

Yo Sean!

Look!!

-starbucks31.jpg
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    11-04-13 09:46 PM