I mean lack of app support, little in the way of information with respect to updates. Hate to rant, but lo and behold another product pushed to consumers with the promise of support and nothing but the sounds of crickets from BlackBerry other than saying they will support it (even so essentially saying will continue in 'maintenance mode') hung out to dry once again.

Not trying to start a fire, but it is what it is. It's not going to stop me from using my passport for the time being, but reality's a *****!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:05 PM
    I agree, I been a big BlackBerry supporter and always had high hopes for the company to make a comeback. I recently got my z10 after not wanting to let go of my 9900 and I'm seeing no support for the phone or apps. Every time I ask blackberryhelp if any updates are available they don't give me a clear answer. I had to put the GooglePlayStore just to have some up to date apps.. Let's hope somebody in Blackberry is listening and trying to save the remaining believers by providing updates to their store and customers.

Posted via CB10
    tl000 likes this.
    11-11-15 12:32 AM
    Why do people EXPECT updates or upgrade?. At a certain point they aren't needed anymore. And if you need support for something that's why we're here.
    I've been running OS10.3.2.2789 on my passport since the day CB released the links.

It couldn't run any better. At some point, you've gotta just be happy with what you've got. A great Quality device with a stable OS and so many great things you can do with it.
    I've been experimenting with Android Themes on my Passport and although you can't root them, they run real well.

You want a browser with flash? Get Zeus? If you're not using the voice recognition software you're missing a great feature.
    If you haven't installed Play Store you're missing a lot of awesome things.

And the fact, we can use Android Apps made for Blackberry is a plus!
    Try looking for all the great things you may not have discovered. Look at all the positive things.

And consider that the majority of consumers out there don't even know about being able to upgrade their devices!
    11-11-15 12:42 AM
    BlackBerry is in survival mode and what's good for gander is not always good for the goose. I hope BlackBerry makes it successful but I have a feeling whatever that is may not appeal to me and that's ok because I realize it's not about me. I'm grateful to have been apart of it all. I may or may not do Android, I seriously despise Apple and I have never touched a Windows phone but would give it a try, but until then I'm all BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    11-11-15 12:46 AM
    BlackBerry is in survival mode and what's good for gander is not always good for the goose. I hope BlackBerry makes it successful but I have a feeling whatever that is may not appeal to me and that's ok because I realize it's not about me. I'm grateful to have been apart of it all. I may or may not do Android, I seriously despise Apple and I have never touched a Windows phone but would give it a try, but until then I'm all BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I've had a Blackberry since around 2002. And Even when they were the kings.... there was always some rumor about how they wouldn't survive this or that. Going Multi-platform is a great move but doesn't mean it's bad for Blackberry.

It ain't over till it's over! And listening to all the moan and groan threads are hardly worth the time.
    Everyone seems to know how to do it right except Chen.

So why aren't THEY doing something more constructive than complaining??
    11-11-15 12:55 AM
    Lost boy 5151 Can you send me the link to the update you have pls...

Posted via CB10
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    11-11-15 09:32 AM
    I mean lack of app support, little in the way of information with respect to updates. Hate to rant, but lo and behold another product pushed to consumers with the promise of support and nothing but the sounds of crickets from BlackBerry other than saying they will support it (even so essentially saying will continue in 'maintenance mode') hung out to dry once again.

Not trying to start a fire, but it is what it is. It's not going to stop me from using my passport for the time being, but reality's a *****!

Posted via CB10
    So what exact apps are we talking about here that are missing?

I have found many excellent apps in BlackBerry World some of which are only found here. I am also happy with all of my Android apps including Onenote, Myfitnesspal, Windows Central, and CIBC (Banking) all downloaded from Snap.

I have also purchased a number of excellent apps from BlackBerry World including
    - Cascarun pro (GPS exercise tracking)
    - Talk2watch (Integration with Pebble)
    - Powertools (Notifications)
    - Geotoolbox (GPS auto profile changer)
    - Parrot (phonecall, voice recording)
    - BeMaps Pro (Google Maps support)
    - Hub2Watch (Pebble watchface)
    - Car Manager (Car usage tracking)
    - Supertube/Fast tube (YouTube client)
    - Hub Browser
    - BlueTouchpas (bluetooth keyboard/mouse)

All of these apps are working well with support from the developers.

The app support for BlackBerry 10 is there, you just have to look for it and be willing to pay for them to support the developers.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:10 AM
    Had Chen focused on developing apps, and fixing things they screwed up, like contacts, BB10 could have done well. Instead, he got rid of a lot of their developers, so they ended up with a device that had a great user experience, and nothing to run on it.

I love my Z10. I have held off upgrading, since I actually like it for one thing, and because I have been uncertain as to the future of the OS. I prefer Blackberry due to its privacy level. Blackberry respects our privacy, Android does not. Nothing in the Priv changes that. Google tracks all you do. It isn't that people have things to hide, rather privacy is something people desire. I keep reading things related to Google's privacy invasion, such as this article recently: https://theintercept.com/2015/11/06/...ur-every-move/

It is sad. I think Android could be good, my wife uses it, and although the OS is rather clunky, overall her S4 is a nice phone. If Blackberry is going the way of Android, yes I am aware they will continue to "support" BB10, I will move to Apple. I hate the iPhone interface, but it does work, and Apple is better at respecting privacy than Google, though not as good as Blackberry. The iPhone does work, but I much prefer BB10. If I have to buy a different phone, and I may soon, it may actually be an iPhone.

Thankfully I am not a person who desires apps. I have what I need on BB10, but there are time some are nice. More importantly, I want a phone that doesn't screw up my contacts so much. Blackberry has never adequately fixed the mess they have made with contacts. I use Facebook for my work, and the app for it is a mess. The inclusion of FB contacts cannot be excluded from the choices when you use Assistant to dial the phone, something I do, pr rather try to do, often. When Assistant has to sift through 2000 contacts, most of which have o phone numbers because they are FB contacts, it renders it useless. I have to dial often when it is impossible to see the phone. Assistant is great, but not with FB contacts thrown into the mix.

I will soon be deleting the FB app, it is useless anyway and I have been using a shortcut on the home screen for the mobile site, so that will help, but it isn't a fix, it is a kludge.

I prefer local sync as well, something Blackberry used to excel at. Now the process is a nightmare. I use it to sync with my Mac, not my PC. It used to work perfectly, but now it is plagued with fewer options that we once had in the old Desktop Manager. The PC version has more options of course. Blackberry developed Blend rather than fix Link. I have very little use for Blend, to me it is pointless. If I have my computer, I will use it, if I am not near the computer, I will use the phone. If they are synced properly, there is no need for Blend for the most part. Yes I know some have a need for it, reliable syncing would be better though, even with Blend.

Had Chen made Blackberry's relationship with developers a priority, BB10 would have been a huge success. The iPhone just recently was upgraded to the same amount of RAM the Z10 has. It still has crippled NFC, and its ridiculous proprietary connector. The Z10 could be plugged into a charger, and to a TV using HDMI at the same time. The Z10 was, and still is a great phone. The Passport is amazing, although I prefer a removable battery.

It is a shame to see Blackberry die in favor of Android. Of course if you could remove Google from the Android equation, it would be spectacular.
    tl000 likes this.
    11-11-15 10:50 AM
    I do not know for the others but personally on my z30 I had at least. 2 updates for the OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:53 AM
    I do not know for the others but personally on my z30 I had at least. 2 updates for the OS.

Posted via CB10
    I've had plenty of updates for the OS of the Z10, but that isn't the point. The point is that they didn't work to generate interest of the app developers, and they basically quit developing their own apps. They also left a mess of Link, the contacts, calendar, and Facebook. They have done nothing with them for some time now. Contacts have been a mess for a long time and they have done nothing to fix it.

By the way, I have had nothing but Blackberries, I cannot stand the thought of changing, since I have always liked the fact Blackberry respected their customers, and their privacy. It is a shame they have left BB10 half done and have begun development on an OS that DOESN'T respect the user's privacy.

Blackberry will continue to support BB10 I'm sure, but I see nothing on the horizon that gives me confidence in continuing to invest in Blackberry. They say they will offer a BB10 version of the Priv, and that is great, but unless the issues with the software is worked out, what's the point.

I have actually stopped syncing my phone to the computer. I was having too many issues. No, I don't want to use the cloud to do so. If you have two devices in the same room, it is idiotic to require them to upload their private info to the internet so the other one can download it. There are many time when I do not have access to the internet and need to sync. Others don't have this issue. I may have internet, but sometimes am paying high rates for it, in the middle of an ocean on a ship for example, I would rather not use the internet to sync at that point. USB to USB on the other hand is free. Oh, and I used to sync via bluetooth with my Bold and my Torch. That option has never been developed for BB10. They took away much of what was great about Blackberry, mainly the ease of syncing locally.

So I will chug away with my Z10, it still works well, and I will investigate other options, and will keep an eye on Blackberry. I really wanted a Passport, but will wait to see if it is a good option for me. Time will tell.
    11-11-15 05:02 PM
    Lost boy 5151 Can you send me the link to the update you have pls...

Posted via CB10

Here ya go!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...aders-1040826/
    11-11-15 09:17 PM
    So what exact apps are we talking about here that are missing?

I have found many excellent apps in BlackBerry World some of which are only found here. I am also happy with all of my Android apps including Onenote, Myfitnesspal, Windows Central, and CIBC (Banking) all downloaded from Snap.

I have also purchased a number of excellent apps from BlackBerry World including
    - Cascarun pro (GPS exercise tracking)
    - Talk2watch (Integration with Pebble)
    - Powertools (Notifications)
    - Geotoolbox (GPS auto profile changer)
    - Parrot (phonecall, voice recording)
    - BeMaps Pro (Google Maps support)
    - Hub2Watch (Pebble watchface)
    - Car Manager (Car usage tracking)
    - Supertube/Fast tube (YouTube client)
    - Hub Browser
    - BlueTouchpas (bluetooth keyboard/mouse)

All of these apps are working well with support from the developers.

The app support for BlackBerry 10 is there, you just have to look for it and be willing to pay for them to support the developers.

Posted via CB10
    Therein lies the issue though. People don't want to pay for applications that you can get for free on other platforms. They're not even the official apps. Not to discredit the work Devs have put in on BB10 but that's what it is. There are certain things even with the work around (i.e. Runtime) that either don't function as intended or don't function at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:52 AM
    Therein lies the issue though. People don't want to pay for applications that you can get for free on other platforms. They're not even the official apps. Not to discredit the work Devs have put in on BB10 but that's what it is. There are certain things even with the work around (i.e. Runtime) that either don't function as intended or don't function at all.

Posted via CB10
    Yes those are not offcial apps; and they do indeed cost money on BlackBerry 10, but those 3rd party BlackBerry 10 apps also bring extra functionality that the official apps do not have.

Talk2watch: ("script mode" for extra functions on Pebble watches)
    Supertube/Fast Tube: (Video play on background, video download, and ad blocking) You have to pay for these features with Youtube Red if you want these anywhere else.

But I do agree that there are some apps that we just have to pay.
    BeMaps 10: (While it does not have extra function on top of Google Maps, Google Maps Android can work on BlackBerry 10 phones)
    Cascarun Pro: (This is basically a BlackBerry 10 version of Meerun available for free).

But other than these 4 apps I mentioned, I do not see how other apps I listed are available for free on other platforms. It might be available for free as a trial version, but you would still have to pay for an adfree version.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:33 AM
    Yes those are not offcial apps; and they do indeed cost money on BlackBerry 10, but those 3rd party BlackBerry 10 apps also bring extra functionality that the official apps do not have.

Talk2watch: ("script mode" for extra functions on Pebble watches)
    Supertube/Fast Tube: (Video play on background, video download, and ad blocking) You have to pay for these features with Youtube Red if you want these anywhere else.

But I do agree that there are some apps that we just have to pay.
    BeMaps 10: (While it does not have extra function on top of Google Maps, Google Maps Android can work on BlackBerry 10 phones)
    Cascarun Pro: (This is basically a BlackBerry 10 version of Meerun available for free).

But other than these 4 apps I mentioned, I do not see how other apps I listed are available for free on other platforms. It might be available for free as a trial version, but you would still have to pay for an adfree version.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, the quality of available apps on BB10 is generally good if not better than their android counterparts in some instances. However there's definitely more apps to be considered here. While I don't use them myself, most social media apps are either terrible natively aren't available or have average working android versions. Again credit to the Devs, some alternative like Insta10 and such look legit.

While the apps you use may be taken care of, there's still a lot of holes in the BlackBerry ecosystem on the application front. Things like Netflix, Kodi, Banking Apps, etc etc. Yes they can be installed as apk's but they don't always work as intended.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 11:31 AM
    You know what is funny? The neglected BB10 has still the best web browsing experience. Ha!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 12:19 PM
    You know what is funny? The neglected BB10 has still the best web browsing experience. Ha!

Posted via CB10
    The browser is definitely a strong point. I just wish it had a better ad blocker and hadn't ditched flash. Yea Yea flash is dead, but not completely.

Posted via CB10
    1Criz likes this.
    11-12-15 12:33 PM

While the apps you use may be taken care of, there's still a lot of holes in the BlackBerry ecosystem on the application front. Things like Netflix, Kodi, Banking Apps, etc etc. Yes they can be installed as apk's but they don't always work as intended.

Posted via CB10
    Funny you mention Netflix and banking apps since I use Android versions of both. At least for my bank, I can confirm that it works perfectly. And as for Netflix as well, it is as good as native.

I love BB10, but it's quickly showing that it's becoming dated...-img_20151112_105330.png

I love BB10, but it's quickly showing that it's becoming dated...-img_20151112_105715.png

I love BB10, but it's quickly showing that it's becoming dated...-img_20151112_105709.png

At least for now, the app situation is not as bad as people put it.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 01:02 PM
    Funny you mention Netflix and banking apps since I use Android versions of both. At least for my bank, I can confirm that it works perfectly. And as for Netflix as well, it is as good as native.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151112_105330.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	380303

Name:	IMG_20151112_105715.png 
Size:	291.4 KB 
ID:	380304

Name:	IMG_20151112_105709.png 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	380305

At least for now, the app situation is not as bad as people put it.

Posted via CB10
    Okay haven't looked into Netflix in a bit but glad it working well. I've had issues with the TD app and have since just used the but went back and re-installed the last was version and is working too. Cool.

I'm not saying the app situation is bad either, I'm just saying people don't want 3rd party alternatives to common apps and want things to just work out of the box. I've been on BB10 for two years now so it doesn't bother me, but I feel it's what held it back.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 01:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried the ZEUS browser? It comes with Flash and from a review by Blai1e it's the best thing out there.

Zeus Browser brings Adobe Flash support back to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    11-12-15 02:49 PM