hello everyone

I have a point and I know a lot of people have talked about it but if we don't keep talking about it It won't happen anytime soon so, it just don't feel right, I got the Black theme on my phone app, twitter, BBM, contacts, calendar, and when it comes to the BlackBerry Hub it just shiny White and I really can't even use it in the dark...
    I installed the leaked 10.3 os hoping that they got the Black Hub theme already but unfortunately no, I just hope that we'll get to enjoy it by the time of the release of BlackBerry Classic..

thank you all, have a great day
    11-22-14 04:07 AM
    Nothing new on that front, same old "may or may not be coming for 10.3.1 launch". Might be in the general 10.3.1 release branch instead of the Classic branch.
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-22-14 04:19 AM
    Some people seem to miss a certain issue: if they make the Hub Black on all devices (give the option to choose), they will have to add this to all parts of the OS. People seem to think it is so easy, but for this to work out well they would need to enable it for the Hub, Settings, File Manager, Device Monitor and every other built-in part of the OS. Basically anything that is Black by default on the Q10.

If they don't, the complaints will never stop. It is not as easy as just doing the Hub, that would make the remaining Light themed parts seem more out of place. If they need a little more time to make sure the Black theme is working properly on all the parts I mentioned, I'm sure none of us mind if they need a little extra time for it.

Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    11-22-14 05:04 AM
    This is one feature sought by every user and would differentiate blackberry from rest of lot.
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    11-22-14 05:22 AM
    This is one feature sought by every user and would differentiate blackberry from rest of lot.
    It's not sought by me. I find it harder on my eyes.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-22-14 06:01 AM
    Some people seem to miss a certain issue: if they make the Hub Black on all devices (give the option to choose), they will have to add this to all parts of the OS. People seem to think it is so easy, but for this to work out well they would need to enable it for the Hub, Settings, File Manager, Device Monitor and every other built-in part of the OS. Basically anything that is Black by default on the Q10.

If they don't, the complaints will never stop. It is not as easy as just doing the Hub, that would make the remaining Light themed parts seem more out of place.
    File manager, dark
    Settings, dark
    Calendar, dark
    Contacts, dark
    Settings, dark

So basically the hub is all they have left, if anything, it's the lack of dark hub that is out of place.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 07:11 AM
    Just a reminder : the dark theme is (and will be for the hub) implemented but not as a cosmetic feature. It's here for battery efficiency.

A LCD screen has always the backlight On. It means that a white pixel is the most battery efficient.

A OLED screen doesn't have a backlight, instead each pixel generates its own light. It means that a black pixel is the most battery efficient.

And believe me, It makes a big difference !
    11-22-14 07:38 AM
    I did not realize I wanted this. Thanks.
    11-22-14 07:41 AM
    File manager, dark
    Settings, dark
    Calendar, dark
    Contacts, dark
    Settings, dark

So basically the hub is all they have left, if anything, it's the lack of dark hub that is out of place.

Posted via CB10
    Settings is dark on Q10 however on passport it's white with no way to change it currently.

Not sure on other bbos10 handsets.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 08:17 AM
    Settings is dark on Q10 however on passport it's white with no way to change it currently.

Not sure on other bbos10 handsets.

Posted via CB10
    Default white on settings on the Passport, because it uses an LCD screen vs the Q10's OLED

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 08:19 AM
    A LCD screen has always the backlight On. It means that a white pixel is the most battery efficient.
    How does this work? If the pixels on the LCD screen aren't light sources, why does it matter what color they are? Are the pixels white in their "rest" state?

11-22-14 09:01 AM
    It's not sought by me. I find it harder on my eyes.

I'm with you. I find the dark theme harder on these less-than-young eyes.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    11-22-14 09:33 AM
    Dark themes are nice on the amoled screens. They're not that interesting on the lcd screens.
    But the white hub is definitely out of place on my z30, so is the email composer

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 10:36 AM
    How does this work? If the pixels on the LCD screen aren't light sources, why does it matter what color they are? Are the pixels white in their "rest" state?
    Yes, with a LCD screen the "rest" state is when you see a white pixel. It means the LCD board is "transparent" (default state, no electricity needed) and let all the backlight goes through.
    ubizmo likes this.
    11-22-14 11:02 AM
    On Z30 it would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 11:12 AM
    File manager, dark
    Settings, dark
    Calendar, dark
    Contacts, dark
    That applies to Q devices (maybe the Z30/Porsche?), but not the other devices.
    For those it is:
    Hub, light (no toggle)
    File Manager, light (no toggle)
    Settings, light (no toggle)
    Phone app, light (no toggle)
    Remember, light (no toggle)
    BlackBerry Travel, light (no toggle)

Calendar, light (dark optional)
    Contacts, light (dark optional)
    Text/SMS, light (dark optional)
    BBM, light (dark optional)

PW Keeper, dark
    Media apps (music/photo/video), dark.
    Utility apps (calc/compass/clock/weather), dark
    These don't have a Light theme at all for some reason.

Several other BlackBerry in-house built apps, only a few of them have a dark option. Even email should be considered for a Dark theme (even though it would be a very bad experience).

So like I said, by my count BlackBerry still has a lot of areas where they should work on a dark theme to satisfy all users and make one matching UI across the OS. Releasing just a dark Hub would make it look like a rushed job if the rest of the OS is still stuck at 50/50 Light/Dark.

Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    zackoff96 likes this.
    11-23-14 02:03 AM
    File manager, dark
    Settings, dark
    Calendar, dark
    Contacts, dark
    Settings, dark

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you, the hub is all they have left and I don't think that It's gonna take a lot for a background color...
    11-23-14 08:27 PM
    come on guys, even if you're not interested in the Black hub, support, please.
    world saviour likes this.
    11-28-14 05:21 AM
    come on guys, even if you're not interested in the Black hub, support, please.
    Why should we support something we don't want or don't need?
    12-09-14 04:51 PM
    I'd rather see it being an option that u can toggle on or off really. If they are going to go with a black hub then it should be a system wide option. As on my Passport only a few certain apps have the black theme.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    12-10-14 07:33 AM
    As on my Passport only a few certain apps have the black theme.
    But you don't want to use Dark theme on a Passport. It has an LCD display. White is more battery efficient.
    12-10-14 11:28 AM
    Maybe so but having a system wide black theme just makes it look nicer in my honest opinion. Make it an option is what I am saying, people who want it can have it and people who dont...well they don't need to enable it.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 02:49 PM
    I would also like to see an option to enable/disable the dark background in the Hub, I have gotten used to the dark background for the calendar and contacts apps.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-11-14 05:27 AM
    Why should we support something we don't want or don't need?
    so clever, cause having an option for both enabled and disable is ALWAYS a good thing for me and for other people.
    I wonder what would people like you do if the support needed with some money, I don't expect you to be there I mean for god sake, no one asked you to pay for something so chill and support, or don't.
    12-16-14 03:27 PM
    Definitely looking forward to the dark themed Hub. The white of the Hub, to me, clashes with the rest of the BlackBerry Core apps and settings menus which are all dark themed on the Q10.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.0.1052
    Last edited by jope28; 12-16-14 at 10:39 PM.
    12-16-14 08:11 PM
34 12