I have been using Trillian for years. It was the obvious choice for getting a universal messaging program/inbox on my desktop/laptop. Unfortunately it recently lost Skype support, but I was still using it for tracking my email accounts and more.

The combination of Blend and BB10 just blew it out of the water. Sure Blend doesn't support all the chat clients that Trillian does, but to be honest they didn't work all that well in the first place. Already the File Access, Calendar and BBM options make Blend a much more useful program to me on my Desktop.
    Just imagine if/when they ever add third party apps like WhatsApp/Skype to the mix, or when they improve the current options!
    Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and such might be nice as well, but then again their web interface is already pretty good anyway so I just use them through the browser. I'd rather get third party supported apps that are uniquely available on phones.

It just amazes me how unexpectedly great Blend is as a feature. Just like the first impression many got from the Hub: "I can't believe how much these functions make sense, and that they are not more widely offered".
    10-11-14 12:26 PM
    With you on this sentiment! Except I do still use Trillian quite a bit, for my IRC chats and XMPP group chats I keep open.

And on that note, they recently came out with an update to Trillian for Android that works beautifully with BB10. XMPP group chats are now possible from the client and I noticed it keeps all my conversations in perfect sync. IE if I respond on my BB, my desktop client immediately shows what I sent in the open conversation window. Love that...

Blend is really fantastic and I hope they do open up an API for developers to take advantage of. It would be really nice to have some sort of app access tunneled over Blend, not every app would have an application for it, but things like news feeds, twitter, etc. would be huge.

It's the first release of Blend so I'm sure it's not as feature complete as it will be in a year or so.
    10-11-14 12:53 PM
    I did use Trillian for that at one point. But with all the new social platforms most of my conversations now go through either Facebook, WhatsApp or BBM/Skype. That's why Trillian became a bit overkill for me. I did put an Android IRC app on my phone but I haven't used it once since.
    The way it syncs messages instantly is pretty neat, I used the Google Talk and FB app from BB, but they didn't sync well with Trillian.

Can't wait to see what Blend's future holds. With the (apparent) succes of the Passport they should have a little extra motivation to keep developing it.
    10-11-14 01:59 PM