I'm with a z30 on vzw so no updated call screen for me yet.

But I will say this. At the end of the day I don't think that the call screen makes a huge difference, however I am a bit bummed that they decided to change it for the simple fact that it was unique. Perhaps in this instance that is why they changed it, too many people wanted something that looks like what everyone else has. I read above where someone said they wanted swiping right to unlock rather than up. Again, I think the biggest thing BlackBerry should market on is being unique. There's no other phone that does so much of what bb10 does I think consumers need be careful of ridding their device of the visual aspects that set it apart. It's a slippery slope from there.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:06 AM
    I can't believe this is such a sore point for so many. I could really care less, as long as I still can receive phone calls.

Don't recall who it was mentioning declining calls on an iphone, but you just double tap the lock button for that. Has been that way since the beginning, it's not a big mystery.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    02-02-14 11:23 AM
    Comedy at its best! Love it. Fyi...the call screen was like this WAY before Martha Stewart's comment.
    I usually don't complain and adopt to new "features" even if I don't like them. In most cases there is an alternative...

However, new phone answering method and design is beyond ugly! It is so horribly designed that I do not answer phone calls anymore. One of the main features I loved about blackberry 10 when the astonishing tribe was still around and designed, was design of the call screen. It was different, for sure, but isn't that the whole point! O, **** me, Martha Stewart don't like our new screen, let's change it...

To say I HATE this new screen is understatement! I will not abandon BlackBerry for this ( as it makes my life easier in many other ways) but I am sure it will be one of the factors to include when I evaluate new platforms in the future for business or personal use. I would like to have a choice of not be bundled with the people who claim that old method was a "thinking point". It is an insult to my reasoning and intelligence.

I am not arguing with people who claim that "new" method is "better". Fine, f***ng awesome. Keep it. I want old screen back!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:26 AM
    I prefer the new call screen.

Z10 powered by BlackBerry OS 10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 11:35 AM
    Where's the logic?

IROC-Z30 But Mostly She Rocks Me!
    Right here for quite a while now. Should be second nature to 'most'. But I definitely agree with the folks who said we lost our uniqueness. But that's all we lost.

I hate the new call screen / help me CB Nation!-img_20140202_131638.jpg
    I hate the new call screen / help me CB Nation!-img_20140128_234702_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 01:33 PM
    I Vote for options to the users to select vertical or horizontal answering.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 on AT&T
    02-02-14 02:00 PM

I thought of this too. But maybe in terms of coding it just not a smart move? Idk maybe things become cluttered if this happens.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:07 PM
    What extra features?... the call screen is essentially the same just layed out differently.

Posted via CB10
    I think BlackBerry changed it for a few reasons.
    - Incorporate New Quick Response Guide
    - Adapt to any size BB10 device. (now and in the future)
    - Customer Requests
    - Upcoming additions in updates.

I really don't think BlackBerry did this just for the heck of it. Also, there must be good reasons why they can't give an option to pick one or the other now.
    It took me a few days, but now I really like it.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:23 PM
    I don't mind the new call screen, it just seems very ANDROID
    Yes, it is very Android! My friend who owns a SG Note 3 saw my phone and commented: "BlackBerry copied my phone!" LOL...I know they all "borrow" from each other, I prefer the uniqueness of the original call screen. It's all in what you become accustomed to using on a daily basis.

VZW Z10 Posted via CB 10
    02-02-14 03:14 PM
    We want an option for changing ways of swiping phone calls.

Give us the possibillity to use this feature please.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:22 PM
    Right here for quite a while now. Should be second nature to 'most'. But I definitely agree with the folks who said we lost our uniqueness. But that's all we lost.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140202_131638.jpg 
Views:	728 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	244400
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140128_234702_edit.png 
Views:	727 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	244402

Posted via CB10
    Exactly ! That's what Clewley was explaining about the 10.2.1 Incoming call screen:
    1. Up/down action created a think point
    2. Answer on left matches the BBOS physical button
    3. It's an industry standard and adopted and easier for all
    No option for both as it creates too much complexity
    02-02-14 03:23 PM
    Yes, it is very Android! My friend who owns a SG Note 3 saw my phone and commented: "BlackBerry copied my phone!" LOL...I know they all "borrow" from each other, I prefer the uniqueness of the original call screen. It's all in what you become accustomed to using on a daily basis.

VZW Z10 Posted via CB 10
    It's called the industry standard .

wonder why someone with Nokia 3110 did not scream that BB 8310 copied his Nokia's answer -decline physical buttons.
    Than for a sake being just "unique", BB should swap the BBOS physical buttons as well......you know... just unique...eah, eah
    Last edited by ralphlauren27; 02-02-14 at 04:55 PM.
    02-02-14 03:30 PM
    The mrs saw the new call screen today and remarked how similar it was to her call screen on her Samsung Galaxy S2. It hurt so much to hear her say that! Whereas previously she commented on how different it was! All BlackBerry had to do was change the parameters to answer so the bar didn't have to be swiped all the way down, just recognition of a simple downward swipe would have been enough and added the mute call/message back icons!! For my Z10 to be compared to an S2 by my tech-oblivious wife just goes to show what an awful error BlackBerry have made with the call screen

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-03-14 04:45 PM
    I don't mean this in an offensive way by Any means, but I'm amazed that this makes a difference to anyone. Side to side vs. Vertical swipe?

Posted via my BlackBerry Zeadache 10.2.0.429
    Hahaha!
    Look a lot of people are elitist and want to be "that one guy". When you make BlackBerry have one feature that slightly resembles Android, people don't feel "unique" anymore because their iPhone or Android friends will say "It copied Android" or something they won't be able to counter-argue against... even though it's not that hard to do so because iPhone and Android borrow a lot from other phones.

At the end of the day the majority of the people would get used to swipe left to right or up to down. It ain't that hard. It's also an easy choice - update to 10.2.1 and get the new screen, or don't update & keep the call screen. BlackBerry 10 has a lot of good features and a lot of the old stuff is missing, and I get the complains, but some people just want to complain over something stupid like a call screen. Not because it's so hard to learn but because it resembles Android (which ironically people want 10.2.1 to get their apps).

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 05:24 PM
    I usually don't complain and adopt to new "features" even if I don't like them. In most cases there is an alternative...

However, new phone answering method and design is beyond ugly! It is so horribly designed that I do not answer phone calls anymore. One of the main features I loved about blackberry 10 when the astonishing tribe was still around and designed, was design of the call screen. It was different, for sure, but isn't that the whole point! O, **** me, Martha Stewart don't like our new screen, let's change it...

To say I HATE this new screen is understatement! I will not abandon BlackBerry for this ( as it makes my life easier in many other ways) but I am sure it will be one of the factors to include when I evaluate new platforms in the future for business or personal use. I would like to have a choice of not be bundled with the people who claim that old method was a "thinking point". It is an insult to my reasoning and intelligence.

I am not arguing with people who claim that "new" method is "better". Fine, f***ng awesome. Keep it. I want old screen back!!!

Posted via CB10
    On today's touch screen phones where there are maybe one or two buttons besides the volume and power the calls screen being universal is not such a sky is falling deal.

On every cordless and older mobile phones there is talk /call and end / off or the green and red call buttons. Heck it's the same on a 150g porsche or 30g c-class.

Some basic functions people don't want to learn regardless of what phone it is, apple, android, BlackBerry, wp.

But by all means rearrange the qwerty and put the enter button right in the middle of the keyboard and the space bar can be along the left side but vertically.

I flick!
    02-03-14 06:25 PM
    The unique so thing was nothing to do with being elitist, it was one of the things I liked about my Z10 being uniquely BlackBerry, it's like the dots on the screen telling you you've got BlackBerry services, I just associated the swipe down with BlackBerry and now well it's just not standard

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-03-14 06:27 PM
    I wish somebody would call me so I can try it out....lol

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:33 PM
    Industry standard and "they all borrow from each other" is one in the same. No right or wrong, we just all have our preferences. Some like the horizontal call screen while others like the vertical call screen. It is what it is, but I seriously doubt that anyone will change phones because of a call screen; we're just stating our preferences and responding to the forum topic.

VZW Z10 Posted via CB 10
    02-03-14 07:31 PM
    However, new phone answering method and design is beyond ugly! It is so horribly designed that I do not answer phone calls anymore...
    Posted via CB10
    and the Oscar for the funniest (or dumbest) comment in this thread goes to...

(sorry my friend, i apologize for saying that your comment is dumb but to say what you just said here is crazy... but hey, it was unique as well so i give you that )
    02-03-14 08:06 PM
    The mrs saw the new call screen today and remarked how similar it was to her call screen on her Samsung Galaxy S2. It hurt so much to hear her say that! Whereas previously she commented on how different it was! All BlackBerry had to do was change the parameters to answer so the bar didn't have to be swiped all the way down, just recognition of a simple downward swipe would have been enough and added the mute call/message back icons!! For my Z10 to be compared to an S2 by my tech-oblivious wife just goes to show what an awful error BlackBerry have made with the call screen

Posted via CB10
    Ouch, you must still be smarting from that deeply cutting insult and from your wife no less. You should start shielding the phone with your free hand so you can avoid these embarrassing, life-changing moments...
    arif3000 likes this.
    02-03-14 08:14 PM
    I hate that everyone got the new OS cuz now having the leak doesn't make me feel special anymore...
    arif3000 likes this.
    02-03-14 08:16 PM
    I don't have an issue with it. I'd hardly call it awful.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-03-14 09:14 PM
    It was only four months ago that it looked like BlackBerry was done as we know it. They still have many obstacles , but really? Who would have thought we'd be even talking about how we answer our phones now. It's one thing to have a preference, it's another to complain just for the sake of complaining. You like it, you don't. Just be happy BlackBerry has a small possibility of moving forward now. I don't think we could have asked for more at this point.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:10 PM

That would be ideal, but you have to think they couldn't for legitimate reasons.
    Most likely:
    - Have to adapt to all screen sizes. (now and in the future)
    -Possible additional quick settings to come . Another screen size and layout obstacle.
    - Customer complaints.

Note: lol, I just noticed I already commented on this. So many threads about this, I forget where I am. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:14 PM
    I want to be able to switch the sides you swipe to for answering/declining.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    02-03-14 10:21 PM
138 ... 23456