I just hate the ugly grey button. Anyone else?
    Q10Bold and Thesmartmale like this.
    02-01-14 08:40 AM
    I wish they bring the old call screen back! It was better easier , functional and certainly unique and intuitive. @blackberry Please bring it back in addition consider these suggestions, they're minor but necessary for BBM improve the display picture as it's seems blurry then the previous os and when compared to the original picture. , remove the ping restrictions, in addition ability to copy the personal message and if possible ability to add my self I usually kept my personal notes there! In addition ability to select all messages and delete them instead of individually selecting them and then deleting them adding a subject bar in text messages. Please take these points into consideration.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 11:52 AM
    You don't have friends with diverse mobile platform tastes?

I didn't know that. The call screen is fine to me. There are other issues I would love to have addressed by BlackBerry
    If you mean do I have friends with other platforms, yes I do.

Posted via my BlackBerry Zeadache 10.2.0.429
    02-01-14 01:31 PM
    LOL. Okay, the first time I answered a call after upgrading to 10.2.1, I had to look at the screen for a while to read the instructions on how to answer; coz it looked different.
    But.. but.... but Clewley said that the new screen REMOVED the think point!
    02-01-14 01:52 PM
    What's interesting is that I don't ever recall people complaining about the old call screen, but now that they've changed it to "address complaints", anger appears to be erupting.
    bounce007 likes this.
    02-01-14 01:54 PM
    Go check an iPhone and try to ignore a call while locked, you can't, seriously the old call screen was simple than any other platform out there, yet BlackBerry saw it as a think point.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 02:22 PM
    So would adding a physical home button. :-/

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 02:46 PM
    This is the most absurd (nearly dumb) comment about the new call screen I've read so far.
    I second that LOL so you pay for a phone you don't use? Smart! Everyone should follow suit!!!!!

IROC-Z30 But Mostly She Rocks Me!
    02-01-14 04:14 PM
    I like the new screen better than the old one. Personal preference, I guess.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    It also loads much faster than previously.
    The lag was annoying. Now when you hit the phone icon it pops up immediately.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 04:42 PM
    I second that LOL so you pay for a phone you don't use? Smart! Everyone should follow suit!!!!!

Off topic but your signature, I have to say '86 IROC Was the best car I ever had. Ahh my young and single days, gone forever.

02-01-14 04:55 PM
    Of all the things wrong, missing or incomplete with BB10 the call screen was not a high priority change.

Is every other BB10 app up to snuff? I'm still waiting for a basic EQ in the music app. Or album management in the photo app. Just to name a couple. The OS is unfinished in so many ways, but hey, we need a new call screen, let's devote time and money on that instead.
    nuff_said likes this.
    02-01-14 06:48 PM
    I must admit that I am one of those who didn't like the old call screen, but wasn't sure how I would feel about the new one. Now after loading the 10.2.1 and using it for the last few days, I think the new one is better. Whether it is like Android or not, I find it easier and faster to answer a call. So, I consider it an improvement.

So what if it may look like Android? To me, if there was a phone that had the best features of several phones all combined together, I would consider it a great phone. BB10 has a lot of unique features that make it unique. I don't mind it having some features similar to Android or iPhone or.... if they are good features. Being different is not bad, but not if it is not as good as others! To me, the old call screen falls in that category!

Posted via Z10
    02-01-14 07:33 PM
    Maybe they should have fixed the "swipe up to unlock" screen and made it a "swipe right to unlock".

It would improve consistency.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    02-01-14 07:58 PM
    Maybe they should have fixed the "swipe up to unlock" screen and made it a "swipe right to unlock".

It would improve consistency.
    I hope they do. Just so they make you even more heated. I'm OK with it. I WILL ADAPT. As will many others.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    02-01-14 08:20 PM
    I don't mean this in an offensive way by Any means, but I'm amazed that this makes a difference to anyone. Side to side vs. Vertical swipe?

I'm with you on this. Shouldn't make much of a difference for all of us that are used to the swipe gesture based OS.
    I wasn't sure what to think of the new one before I saw it...and thought I liked the one we had. But then when I saw a good portion of the bottom of the screen turn color according to which direction we swipe on the new one I immediately liked it. Overall it doesn't matter to me, but I can see the new one clearing up a bit of confusion for those who didn't know which way to swipe on the old one when a call came in.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-01-14 09:11 PM
    Shouldn't make a difference, but people want something that's unique, too.

Ergonomically, the up/down bar was easier for many people on the Z10. Less finger origami.
    02-01-14 09:26 PM
    Ergonomically, the up/down bar was easier for many people on the Z10. Less finger origami.
    That's a matter of opinion. From what I have read, there are also many who complained about the old one and seem to like the new one. Personally, I find the new one more natural.

Posted via Z10
    02-01-14 10:35 PM
    Actually NOT true. Pushing away from my hand answers the call, which I do 95% of the time. And it is awkward, to touch the center and push away while holding the phone with 1 hand.
    The new screen looks like crap. At least the old one was consistent looking with the rest of the phone app. Now we have a few square looking screens and thus 1 out of place screen with circular icons.

It makes a difference because to pull towards you is to "Accept" the call, flick away is to get rid of the call and hence decline. On the other hand, there is no easy way to think of it for right and left.

Posted via CB10

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    02-01-14 11:30 PM
    I hope they do. Just so they make you even more heated. I'm OK with it. I WILL ADAPT. As will many others.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    Nice, really civilized talking you got there! If you like it then please we're not interested in knowing that you will adapt to it.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:50 AM
    That's a matter of opinion. From what I have read, there are also many who complained about the old one and seem to like the new one. Personally, I find the new one more natural.

Posted via Z10
    normally your thumb is at the center of the screen or slightly lower at any given time, so technically speaking the old call screen is way easier !

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:53 AM

That's the point!
    02-02-14 06:34 AM
    I just don't understand who could not figure out the old screen. It was clear as day.

Want to answer? Pull the persons face/name toward your body. This made the screen glow green as you did it, the universal color for answer.

Want to decline? Fling the persons face/name away from you. This made the screen glow red, the universal color for decline.

How much clearer could it be? Maybe they should have had a new option to setup. "Are you dumb or not? ". The dumb people could have the phone start saying "your phone is ringing in cas eyku didn't notice. This means another person is trying to communicate with you verbally. To respond to this call, use either your thumb or index finger - sorry, pointer for you real dummies - to touch the glowing, bouncing bar on the center of the screen. Pull the bar down, ever so gently, to answer the call. Be prepared to speak. Oh and you should also put the phone near the side of your head, with the top near your ear. "

I think that would have made it clear.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    02-02-14 06:55 AM
    The call screen was a boon to Z10 owners however gave a hard time to some of the Q10 owners(small screen and large hands) and a lot of Z30 owners(small hands and large display).
    02-02-14 07:14 AM
    I prefer the new phone call screen to the old. Have not dropped a call yet with the new.

Occasionally dropped a call previously if I was scrambling to answer and it took a second swipe.

Fully recognize it is a matter of personal preference.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    RezzaBuh likes this.
    02-02-14 10:44 AM
    I agree the old swipe up to decline and pull down to answer was 100% better,they should give users the option.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 10:49 AM
138 12345 ...