The call screen was changed because people had trouble figuring out how to answer it. IMHO it may have been easier to demo on the phone how to answer and reject a call instead of building a new screen.
    The OS is evolving but it looks like BlackBerry is starting to dumb down some parts of it.
    Off topic but the new notification screen is horrible. I really hope 10.3 brings aesthetics with it.
    Going side to side instead of up and down is "dumbing down" the phone?
    01-31-14 07:21 PM
    Much much better on Q10 here since the slider is in the middle of the phone.
    I can see that being a problem for the Zs though.

//Some forum moderators at some forums are like communist
    01-31-14 07:25 PM
    I don't mean this in an offensive way by Any means, but I'm amazed that this makes a difference to anyone. Side to side vs. Vertical swipe?
    Posted via my BlackBerry Zeadache 10.2.0.429
    Based on most of the complaints I've read, it's more about the loss of "uniqueness" and not so much about the functionality. I personally don't see how you can go five calls with either method, and not master it.
    01-31-14 07:44 PM
    Based on most of the complaints I've read, it's more about the loss of "uniqueness" and not so much about the functionality. I personally don't see how you can go five calls with either method, and not master it.
    Each their own I guess. I'm sure that there are things I struggle with that others find easy. Quantum Physics for example........

01-31-14 07:53 PM
    I don't mind the new call screen, it just seems very ANDROID
    01-31-14 07:59 PM
    Having been on BlackBerry since the old 7290 blue, I have non idea what the android screen is like. Either way, the old was fine and this one is fine, to me at least.

JSin7 likes this.
    02-01-14 12:21 AM
    I usually don't complain and adopt to new "features" even if I don't like them. In most cases there is an alternative...

However, new phone answering method and design is beyond ugly! It is so horribly designed that I do not answer phone calls anymore. One of the main features I loved about blackberry 10 when the astonishing tribe was still around and designed, was design of the call screen. It was different, for sure, but isn't that the whole point! O, **** me, Martha Stewart don't like our new screen, let's change it...

To say I HATE this new screen is understatement! I will not abandon BlackBerry for this ( as it makes my life easier in many other ways) but I am sure it will be one of the factors to include when I evaluate new platforms in the future for business or personal use. I would like to have a choice of not be bundled with the people who claim that old method was a "thinking point". It is an insult to my reasoning and intelligence.

I am not arguing with people who claim that "new" method is "better". Fine, f***ng awesome. Keep it. I want old screen back!!!

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale, zclash and gemoelle like this.
    02-01-14 01:50 AM
    I hated the old screen, don't know if it was the way I was trying to use it or whatever but I lost too many calls

UK EE Z10 /1925/6 with Porsche Clock
    02-01-14 01:50 AM
    The call screen was changed because people had trouble figuring out how to answer it. IMHO it may have been easier to demo on the phone how to answer and reject a call instead of building a new screen.
    The OS is evolving but it looks like BlackBerry is starting to dumb down some parts of it.
    Off topic but the new notification screen is horrible. I really hope 10.3 brings aesthetics with it.
    Confusing? Changing it to the new call screen would confuse people even more wouldn't it. Where's the logic? Hate it!

IROC-Z30 But Mostly She Rocks Me!
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    02-01-14 01:54 AM
    Side to side was the original call screen, I remember, almost 2 years ago, when watching the preview video of the new Blackberry phone. ( I don't remember the code name)

They changed it to the vertical one when they launched the Z10
    02-01-14 02:26 AM
    She sounds like the right person to look to for tech advice...
    Did you try to decline a call on a locked iPhone? If you do let me know BECAUSE I can't find a way to do so! And people complain about the bb10 old screen lol they need glasses or maybe they just can't read.

Posted via CB10
    gemoelle likes this.
    02-01-14 02:45 AM
    I hated the old screen, don't know if it was the way I was trying to use it or whatever but I lost too many calls

UK EE Z10 /1925/6 with Porsche Clock
    Lol lost too many calls trying to read "swipe down to answer" and looking at the arrows?

Posted via CB10
    TBone4eva likes this.
    02-01-14 02:47 AM
    Side to side was the original call screen, I remember, almost 2 years ago, when watching the preview video of the new Blackberry phone. ( I don't remember the code name)

That is not true! It was vertical since the beginning!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 02:49 AM
    I like the new screen better than the old one. Personal preference, I guess.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    JSin7 likes this.
    02-01-14 03:48 AM

It is so horribly designed that I do not answer phone calls anymore.

Posted via CB10

This is the most absurd (nearly dumb) comment about the new call screen I've read so far.
    02-01-14 03:50 AM
    LOL. Okay, the first time I answered a call after upgrading to 10.2.1, I had to look at the screen for a while to read the instructions on how to answer; coz it looked different. Same like the first time I answered a call on my new BlackBerry. So, no biggie, will get used to it. Avoid having a different call screen ruin your day/life.
    02-01-14 04:36 AM
    The old swipe down to answer was not perfect. I would say out of 10 calls I received I would have to call back at least 3 of them as you had to be near damn perfect in doing that swipe down correctly, so the call would be dropped and not answered. Since getting the new way to swipe left to answer I have not had to do this at all so much prefer the new way.

Z10 In action here!
    pcguy514 likes this.
    02-01-14 05:45 AM
    The old swipe down to answer was not perfect. I would say out of 10 calls I received I would have to call back at least 3 of them as you had to be near damn perfect in doing that swipe down correctly, so the call would be dropped and not answered. Since getting the new way to swipe left to answer I have not had to do this at all so much prefer the new way.

Z10 In action here!
    You're right, the old one need a perfect swipe down, halfway swipe won't do.
    02-01-14 06:47 AM
    I don't mean this in an offensive way by Any means, but I'm amazed that this makes a difference to anyone. Side to side vs. Vertical swipe?

It's such a stupid thing to ***** & moan about. If the call screen annoys someone that much then maybe smartphones just aren't for you. Totally agree that it makes no difference to me whether it's side to side or vertical swipe.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 07:03 AM
    I like the old one better

Z10
    02-01-14 07:04 AM
    I cant choose which one I dislike more, new call screen or ugly camera buttons.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 07:15 AM
    Hello I'm still having a problem answering another call while on one without the current call hanging up! Any ideas out there to help? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 07:36 AM
    Having been on BlackBerry since the old 7290 blue, I have non idea what the android screen is like. Either way, the old was fine and this one is fine, to me at least.

You don't have friends with diverse mobile platform tastes?

I didn't know that. The call screen is fine to me. There are other issues I would love to have addressed by BlackBerry
    02-01-14 08:08 AM
    Wait people think the old call screen is confusing??

Do you also drive through a stop light when it's red?

Red is always been universal hang-up/ignore, green has always been call/answer on any cell phone ever. If it's confusing for you, you might need to check yourself into a mental hospital for testing.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    02-01-14 08:26 AM
    Wait people think the old call screen is confusing??

Do you also drive through a stop light when it's red?

Red is always been universal hang-up/ignore, green has always been call/answer on any cell phone ever. If it's confusing for you, you might need to check yourself into a mental hospital for testing.

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't confusing, it just didn't work very well unless your swipe to answer a call was 100% perfect. I find the side swipe to answer much better. So far I have not dropped a call because the swipe action wasn't performed exactly.

Z10 In action here!
    02-01-14 08:34 AM
138 1234 ...