As the title says, I don't have my Passport connected to the computer through USB cable, but the device's internal as well as micro sd card drive are showing under My Computer.
    I could play a music that's on my Passport on the computer.
    Just to clarify, I am not talking about Blend here. My Passport's storages are showing up as mass storage volumes on Windows.

This is pretty cool, but I don't know what I did to get this to happen. Can someone tell me so I can take control over this?
    10-10-14 06:43 AM
    You probably have installed Blackberry Link software on your PC. Moreover, your passport is configured to be accessed through WIFI from Storage and Access settings.
    Its really a cool feature to browse mobile data wirelessly on your desktop without any additional software and cables.
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-10-14 06:53 AM
    Yeah, really cool, not something I expected.

I am playing around with my Passport and it looks like there's a way to see files stored on my computer using my Passport as well.
    As you said, I have Link installed on the computer, and under Link settings, I checked allowed my Passport to access certain folders on my computer under "Remote File Access" menu.

On my Passport, under Settings -> Device Connections, I have set everything to "on", including allow connections, use mobile network, etc.
    But when I go to Passport's file manager and choose my computer from the left menu, I don't see anything shared, even though the folders I designated to share are not empty.

Can someone help with this?

All these are pretty cool features that I didn't expect coming to BB. Long time user of iPhone and it was all so natural that you can't do this kind of stuff.
    10-10-14 07:10 AM
    Yeah, really cool, not something I expected.

I am playing around with my Passport and it looks like there's a way to see files stored on my computer using my Passport as well.
    As you said, I have Link installed on the computer, and under Link settings, I checked allowed my Passport to access certain folders on my computer under "Remote File Access" menu.

On my Passport, under Settings -> Device Connections, I have set everything to "on", including allow connections, use mobile network, etc.
    But when I go to Passport's file manager and choose my computer from the left menu, I don't see anything shared, even though the folders I designated to share are not empty.

Can someone help with this?

All these are pretty cool features that I didn't expect coming to BB. Long time user of iPhone and it was all so natural that you can't do this kind of stuff.
    It's a little finicky sometimes.

After making changes try restarting both your computer and phone and then check to see if the folders show up.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:22 AM
    Visit following post for detailed information about PC Remote File Access:

How to access your PC files from your BlackBerry 10 device | CrackBerry.com
    FCSC likes this.
    10-10-14 07:56 AM
    Andrew is correct about it being a bit finicky. I know I've had this problem but can't remember exactly what I did to get it going. I think it was lock down the local net's IP addresses before installing Link.
    Last edited by Boight; 10-11-14 at 08:09 AM.
    10-10-14 08:27 AM
    Choose an other folder in BB Link, like C:\

Look into "My PC" and then "Distance access" or something like that, I use it in french
    10-10-14 11:40 AM
    Remote File acces and WiFi storage access are two separate things.
    RFA works through Link and your device settings, you mentioned you had those enabled so it should work, unless your Fire Wall maybe blocks such connections.

As for WiFi accessing your devices through your PC, there is a setting in Link that says "enable wireless access to this device". That's how you enable that function. You don't need to enable any further settings on your device for this.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    10-10-14 11:44 AM
    Remote File acces and WiFi storage access are two separate things.
    RFA works through Link and your device settings, you mentioned you had those enabled so it should work, unless your Fire Wall maybe blocks such connections.
    Yes, I do have everything enabled, and when I went to Windows Firewall settings in control panel and everything with "Blackberry Link" in the name is all allowed.
    Still it's not working for me.

As for WiFi accessing your devices through your PC, there is a setting in Link that says "enable wireless access to this device". That's how you enable that function. You don't need to enable any further settings on your device for this.

Could that setting be called "Turn on wireless connections to my computer", found under the Devices tab in Link? Maybe we have different versions of Link (I think mine's the latest) or you are relying on your memory on what the setting is called?
    10-10-14 12:00 PM
    I was going by memory! Yes, that is the setting. If you disable that, your device should only connect while attached via USB to your computer.

10-10-14 04:35 PM
    I think I found out why remote file access isn't working.
    It's the Windows firewall.

If I turn off the Windows firewall completely, remote file access works.
    Only, I don't want to turn it off completely. I do have all the blackberry-related stuff as allowed through firewall, but it doesn't work when I turn firewall on.

Can anyone on windows look up their firewall settings from control panel to see what they have allowed, in addition to what I have, as listed below?

I have

Blackberry Link
    Blackberry Link MDNS Service
    Blackberry Link Peer Manager
    Blackberry Link Peer Manager
    Blackberry Link Peer-to-Peer Service

all allowed, both Home/Work (Private) and Public.
    10-10-14 05:02 PM
    Try adding the nginx process, I think that is also RFA related.
    I use a third party fire wall so can't check windows settings for you.

10-10-14 07:37 PM
    Try adding the nginx process, I think that is also RFA related.
    I use a third party fire wall so can't check windows settings for you.

That did it.
    nginx was allowed for home/work (private) but not public. When I enabled public as well, it started working.

That begs the question though, I am on the home wifi network. Why was allowing it for public necessary?
    10-10-14 07:55 PM
    Probably because it needs to authenticate with the BlackBerry servers before the connection is established? I can imagine they added some security measures to prevent illegal access.

10-11-14 03:18 AM
    That did it.
    nginx was allowed for home/work (private) but not public. When I enabled public as well, it started working.

That begs the question though, I am on the home wifi network. Why was allowing it for public necessary?
    Probably opened up the necessary port...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.632
    10-12-14 01:52 AM