Can't argue the privacy issues but you are wrong with the file managers. I'm fact, some can do more then built in file manager on BB10. As for being clunky, haven't noticed that at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I know file managers are available, and I use them on my Android device, but I like the one on BB10 better. Just a preference.
    01-07-16 07:40 PM
    I know file managers are available, and I use them on my Android device, but I like the one on BB10 better. Just a preference.
    Agreed it is. I also like the BB10 one as I was used to it but now that I got to know the one I am using, I noticed a few differences that to me are better. For example, when looking at pics on my sd card, BlackBerry only lets your open one pic and you have to go back to look at another. ES explorer allows you to scroll through as though you are in the pictures app. Minor but makes a difference when you are looking for a pic.

hbelkin likes this.
    01-07-16 09:10 PM
    And that is why Blackberry needed to do a better job of offering incentives to developers, and more importantly, they should have done more development on their own so that the new adopters of BB10 would have been satisfied and those thinking about adopting the platform would have had a reason to make the switch. They could have increased their numbers more easily at the launch had they done that. Unfortunately, the launch did not go well, and negative press was generated, deterring people from moving to BB10. They screwed up in the beginning, and continued to make poor decisions related to BB10 development. As simple app like Facebook is a prime example.
    Microsoft tried doing the same (paying devs for apps) and the Windows phone ecosystem is still way behind iOS/Android. And Microsoft has way deeper pockets than BB ever did. And no, BB couldn't have developed a lot more of the missing apps, they even oferred to do so with Netflx and they refused. A lot of services don't have public APIs (snapchat for example) so it is not feaseble to build one.
    kbz1960 and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    01-08-16 05:16 AM
    Agreed it is. I also like the BB10 one as I was used to it but now that I got to know the one I am using, I noticed a few differences that to me are better. For example, when looking at pics on my sd card, BlackBerry only lets your open one pic and you have to go back to look at another. ES explorer allows you to scroll through as though you are in the pictures app. Minor but makes a difference when you are looking for a pic.

You can do that in picture app in BB10

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 09:06 AM
    You can do that in picture app in BB10

Posted via CB10
    Yes I'm aware you can as with any photos app. I just meant within the file manager. Sometimes when moving files and photos around, it makes it a lot easier is all I meant.

01-08-16 09:11 AM
    Microsoft tried doing the same (paying devs for apps) and the Windows phone ecosystem is still way behind iOS/Android. And Microsoft has way deeper pockets than BB ever did. And no, BB couldn't have developed a lot more of the missing apps, they even oferred to do so with Netflx and they refused. A lot of services don't have public APIs (snapchat for example) so it is not feaseble to build one.
    I do believe people are missing the point. An incentive doesn't always have to be monetary, and they needed to develop their desktop software initially, as well as their own apps. What they came out of the blocks with was pathetic and turned off many old time users. Initially you could not sync to a Mac. On their old Desktop Manager, you could not only sync two ways, from Mac to Blackberry, or Blackberry to Mac, you could do so over Bluetooth. Many people bought the device, then returned it because it lacked the capabilities Blackberry was famous for. Those people moved on to other platforms.

So yes, Blackberry dropped the ball. I stayed, as did many, because I didn't like what others were offering, and because I was able to devise a work around. I would use PIM Backup and Restore to backup my Calendar , then import it into my calendar on the Mac. It was a kludge, but it at least got my calendar on the computer.

First impressions count, and they screwed up in the beginning and had a tough fight to change people's opinion after that. Then they made drastic cuts which further slowed any real development. People think we are in maintenance mode now, in reality, it has been in maintenance mode for quite some time. Thankfully, at least, the OS is usable.
    01-08-16 09:23 AM
    BlackBerry didn't drop the ball. It's that most devs and users just weren't interested.
    That's just incorrect in many ways. You know it.
    PHughes likes this.
    01-08-16 09:28 AM
    I do believe people are missing the point. An incentive doesn't always have to be monetary, and they needed to develop their desktop software initially, as well as their own apps.
    So the incentive for devs couldn't have been money and certainly not market-share. Any ideas what a good incentive would be (cause I certainly can't think of a better one than money)?
    01-08-16 09:38 AM
    I think ultimately I've made peace with the fact that last week I willingly and without hesitation bought a 520$ "brick" that just works awesome. Most people are extremely caught up in ever changing technology, of which most, is a gimmick.
    I understand that my passport se won't see major updates, but I also believe that hardware wise it is the best phone in the world. Software wise bb10 os is years ahead of anything else and by the time this phone is truly outdated chances are there will be a true innovation in mobile and an entire new ecosystem will be developed.

I see houses popping up all the time made of pretty shiny wood. I also see very old homes built of hard brick that stand the test of time better than anything else. This is how I see things with this phone.

I say buy one, use it, and learn to get creative instead of taking the easy route. Technology is supposed to enhance our lives not make us dumber.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 09:46 AM
    I think ultimately I've made peace with the fact that last week I willingly and without hesitation bought a 520$ "brick" that just works awesome. Most people are extremely caught up in ever changing technology, of which most, is a gimmick.
    I understand that my passport se won't see major updates, but I also believe that hardware wise it is the best phone in the world. Software wise bb10 os is years ahead of anything else and by the time this phone is truly outdated chances are there will be a true innovation in mobile and an entire new ecosystem will be developed.

I see houses popping up all the time made of pretty shiny wood. I also see very old homes built of hard brick that stand the test of time better than anything else. This is how I see things with this phone.

I say buy one, use it, and learn to get creative instead of taking the easy route. Technology is supposed to enhance our lives not make us dumber.

Posted via CB10
    I'm excited to pick up a few amazing discounted BB10 phones in the near future.

For the time being, they are easily the best for my needs. They are the Ford Transit van of mobile phones. If you don't need one, you don't want one, but if you do, you don't want anything else.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 09:54 AM
    That's just incorrect in many ways. You know it.
    No I don't. Sales tell the story. Also all they spent on jams etc for developers, offing to code or help with popular apps and they weren't interest tells the story.
    01-08-16 01:37 PM
    I'll be staying with my beloved Z30 until I absolutely have to switch to awful, inefficient and lazily coded Android. The minor issues I experience with BB10 on this device are usually cleared up by the double volume button reset, and that's about weekly. My wife and I do not have a land line so our BlackBerries are never shut down.
    Compared to every other device and OS I've used (symbian, windows, ios, android) BlackBerry OS is by far the best. Too bad the market always goes for the bling and empty promises, which is exactly what all other OSs are.
    Take care of your BB10 devices everyone. You will miss them.

"Why have I waited so long to switch to BlackBerry?", said I.
    01-10-16 09:19 AM
    Two quick points: I buy lots of apps! I've spent hundreds on Z10 apps. I've purchased MANY apps that I evaluate and discard. First, to see if I'd find them really useful, and second, to show support to BB10 developers.
    Ha. On Google Play if an app is PoS, you get instant refund. On BB it is so tricky that a few dollars aren't worth trying. That's why BB store is polluted with feces.
    02-12-16 04:51 AM
138 ... 456