I don't think I ever crashed the browser let alone have the browser take down the whole phone, so this is a first.

http://sdrsharp.com:8080/virtualradar/mobile.html

Website link above. I don't let it sniff my location because hey, it is Google. ;-) I zoomed out and eventually the phone crashed.

10.3.1.652 software release on a Z10.

I'm not expecting tips or such, but if you want to try to crash your phone, this might work.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 02:46 AM
    Didn't crash my device, however loading the map stuff when zooming out continually consumed more and more RAM until the browser and my other open apps were killed. Browser was around 800-900MB at that stage. I suppose the page may have some dodgy Javascript that keeps hold of memory chunks and doesn't release them promptly.

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2576
    05-04-15 03:33 AM
    One website crashed my phone a few times as well. So you're not alone. But it happens rarely. It's also a big crash, clock screwed up, hub has to set up etc
    05-04-15 03:59 AM
    Didn't crash my device, however loading the map stuff when zooming out continually consumed more and more RAM until the browser and my other open apps were killed. Browser was around 800-900MB at that stage. I suppose the page may have some dodgy Javascript that keeps hold of memory chunks and doesn't release them promptly.

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2576
    Sounds like an issue with the OS. It should kill the offending app/browser before force closing other apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 07:54 AM
    Sounds like an issue with the OS. It should kill the offending app/browser before force closing other apps.
    It could certainly kill apps in order of most memory usage, but why should it kill the app that currently has focus in preference to ones backgrounded?
    05-04-15 07:57 AM
    I don't think I ever crashed the browser let alone have the browser take down the whole phone, so this is a first.

http://sdrsharp.com:8080/virtualradar/mobile.html

Website link above. I don't let it sniff my location because hey, it is Google. ;-) I zoomed out and eventually the phone crashed.

10.3.1.652 software release on a Z10.

I'm not expecting tips or such, but if you want to try to crash your phone, this might work.

Posted via CB10
    I do have to ask though: why in the world are you using such an ancient beta OS (10.3.1.1016) which was released last October!?

Your link seems to run fine on my device.

Do yourself a favour and at least update to the latest 10.3.1 (which is 2744):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1016610

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    Last edited by conite; 05-04-15 at 08:20 AM.
    05-04-15 08:03 AM
    I do have to ask though: why in the world are you using such an ancient beta OS (10.3.1.1016) which was released last October!?

Your link seems to run fine on my device.

Do yourself a favour and at least update to the latest 10.3.1 (which is 2744):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1016610

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500

I'm on TMobile and have this pipe dream that they are going to send me an official OS. I will take up your suggestion to update the OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 10:20 AM
    It could certainly kill apps in order of most memory usage, but why should it kill the app that currently has focus in preference to ones backgrounded?
    Either scheme has its own merits. In the case of the OP's post, both schemes would lead to the same app being killed. My thinking in my suggestion is simply that the user would know immediately the app that he/she wanted to run didn't run. It would be pretty annoying to the user if a background app is killed without his/her knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 11:42 AM
    Either scheme has its own merits. In the case of the OP's post, both schemes would lead to the same app being killed. My thinking in my suggestion is simply that the user would know immediately the app that he/she wanted to run didn't run. It would be pretty annoying to the user if a background app is killed without his/her knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    It would be more annoying if of was reading an important document and that was killed instead of the game in the background. Unfortunately these devices can't read minds. When memory starts to run low that information is sent out to all other applications which are supposed to release what ever memory they can. When I viewed the web site the browser stayed up, another app was killed and CB10 dumped a bunch of state. All as it should be. If the other app had freed up some memory it might be alive today.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    05-04-15 04:21 PM
    Individual apps crashing is OK. That happens on linux often enough. Bringing down the whole OS is not acceptable, but it could be my old rev.

I hate having to enter all my email passwords when I load a new OS. I assume BlackBerry does this for a reason so I begrudgingly accept it.

BTW bb10 had easily been the most dependable phone OS I ever used. Granted I've only used BlackBerry and Android phones. The only reason I mentioned the crash was that it booted the phone.

You would think the browser would issue a lack of memory warning then stop loading the page.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 06:51 PM
    Individual apps crashing is OK. That happens on linux often enough. Bringing down the whole OS is not acceptable, but it could be my old rev.

I hate having to enter all my email passwords when I load a new OS. I assume BlackBerry does this for a reason so I begrudgingly accept it.

BTW bb10 had easily been the most dependable phone OS I ever used. Granted I've only used BlackBerry and Android phones. The only reason I mentioned the crash was that it booted the phone.

You would think the browser would issue a lack of memory warning then stop loading the page.

Posted via CB10
    Beta code never intended for public use. That is one of the risks you accept when you load leaks.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    05-05-15 03:39 AM