The error message is "Your login information for account (Active Sync: hotmail - 'email address') has changed or is incorrect. Update your login information and try again".

I verified the new pw works on the bb10 browser without issue and didn't ask for 2step Auth, so I don't see that being the cause for the message.

My server address is "blu405-m.hotmail.com". Is that still valid? Using an office 365 address didn't change the error message for the better but I don't even have a 365 account though)

Any other ideas I could try?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ryan Betker; 07-23-15 at 01:59 PM.
    07-16-15 10:06 PM
    Delete the account from the phone and add it back again, with the correct password.
    07-16-15 10:54 PM
    Just tried, but same thing. I'm on 10.3.1.
    I have tried restarting too.

Anything else to try? Calendar is dead in the water now without the hookup :/

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 05:15 AM
    I had one occasion when they changed the server address at work. Check with your administrator.
    07-17-15 05:40 AM
    I had one occasion when they changed the server address at work. Check with your administrator.
    Reread op

Posted via CB10
    illlya and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-17-15 06:02 AM
    Reread op

Posted via CB10
    Yep! I was able to log on via PC just fine, but the address had changed for AS. Gonna take someone a lot smarter than m to explain that.
    07-17-15 06:16 AM
    I had a problem like this, I found that the password length was the issue. I previously had a short password after changing it to a longer password my Passport wouldn't accept it. I changed it again to a different shorter password it worked. So give that a try

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 07:13 AM
    Thanks for the ideas everyone, albeit still stuck.

there's no administrator as it's my own phone. Also, the password length was longer last time too, so shorter isn't helping. I will try to see if another reset works.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:30 PM
    The server address is fine. Same as mine for outlook.com.
    07-18-15 05:01 PM
    Odd. Any other thoughts to try?
    I've tried aliases when doing the new account too and no go.

Deleting the account made it worse, as it cleared my calendar and tasks on the phone
    07-20-15 06:40 AM
    Can you try, just to set it up and see if it works. Go to outlook.com and change your password to something pretty simple, say like joe2015. Then add the account to the device assuring the same thing. Also, are you using the advanced set up? The one where you have to choose outlook from the list of email providers listed? Are you turning on the sync for calendar, contacts, email and tasks? Are you setting the sync to forever? I'm not saying you don't know what you're doing, just trying to think of everything.
    07-20-15 07:33 AM
    Also, set the name, user name and email address as "username"@hotmail.com without the quotes and with your email address for the " user name" without the quotes.
    07-20-15 07:36 AM
    Awesome ideas. I did see the advanced options and thought I toggled them. Let me try again

Doing a pw reset like that would leave me vulnerable for hacks though

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 08:45 PM
    You want fun enable two pages authentication with Outlook. I love the security but it is sometimes rough to get multiple accounts back on my phone after a wipe

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 09:01 PM
    no go with the advanced options. Really frustrating

I hope this can get worked out somehow. Android or Apple? Lol. I hope it doesn't need to be that far.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 09:06 PM
    Maybe try IMAP just to test the waters

imap-mail.outlook.com
    smtp-mail.outlook.com
    smtp.office365.com

Google/Bing/DDG for alternative server addresses. I know you want Active Sync. But sure worth a shot.

Also, some special characters might be not accepted. As said before, simplify the password.

:-D

  "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."  
    07-21-15 11:20 PM
    Thanks for the server addresses.
    I tried your IMAP idea and no go (with real pw).

Upon another pw change (not a reset like last time), I got an email about app passwords - https://account.live.com/proofs/AppPassword - it sounds very promising and would make it seem like it's not a BB issue if it worked . I ended up putting that in, but no go.

Trying the IMAP and SMTP with the Microsoft app pw now, and it still fails. Still fails with original pw too.

Also, thanks for the polite reminder about the password. I tried a simpler 11 char alphanumeric pw without symbols for a lil bit, and no go - same "incorrect" message when setting up the account.

For additional troubleshooting, I also created a new hotmail email account, enabled 2 step verification (as I had it working in the past), and setup it up on the phone, and same "incorrect" message coming up for me. I also took off 2 step, and used an 8 long alphanumeric pw and the email setup on BB says "incorrect" when trying it.

Every time I'm typing the password that's masked on BB, I click the eye icon show it and verify it's what I expect as well.

Did I miss anything?
    Last edited by Ryan Betker; 07-23-15 at 06:46 AM.
    07-23-15 06:32 AM
    Hey guys, I tried again after the upgrade to 10.3.2, also with a new Microsoft app password (token) and now have success!

Posted via CB10
    sirius27 and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-26-15 01:45 PM