Yes its true, im buying another Q10 and coming back to BB10

When Facebook dropped support to bb10 i was on the fence and switched to windows phone. It was good but it lacked stability and functions. Switched to the iPhone hype and good lord i now understand why so many people crave for this phone: they dont use it for work or real world use, they just want one to show off.

Android os good depending on the device branding and its tweaks but its app dependant. Windows phone would be very very good if they had the time and will to polish it up and fix the bugs, it seems like beta software. Ios os such a crap, you need an app for everything, it just works when you have everything Apple and you are all in in their ecosystem. Believe me, its crap for real world use and mostly business use.

Yesterday i thought what are my options now? Yes going back to bb10 where everything works simple, you dont need an app for everything and the q10 is an amazing phone with small form factor.

Now i havr some questions since i was out on the darkside.

I know facebook doesnt work anymore and also its integration with hub, contacts, calendars, or am i wrong?

Can i delete the facebook and twitter apps and its integration with bb10? I intend to use the mobile versions via the browser. In fact, it is more secure because you dont have any app messing with permissionrios of the os.

Any other thing i should know that changed since december 2015?

I am right now preparing to click the buy button on amazon.
    FahedAlDerbi likes this.
    07-07-16 01:08 PM
    Well, Facebook doesn't officially work per app basis anymore on BB10, despite the many alternative "native" apps sprouting in BlackBerry World. One could still install an old android apk if so want to, but browser remains the most effective way to access it.

Twitter? I wouldn't know, don't play with it. There's no official BB10 app available but there are several alternative apps available in the Blackberry world.

However, if you'd really be using the Q10 for business, I suspect you won't need them.

All the basic functions required for communication are still there and reliably so, especially with the existence of the Hub--phone call, texts, emails, BBM, voice conference calls (but not so much video calling on BBM--it's tricky at best. My alternative would be Android's LINE. Yes, it works. And no, do NOT install Skype.), Whatsapp (at least until December 2016. We'll see how it goes afterwards), Facebook Messenger (via old apk), DocsToGo, Memo Pad, Remember, Browser, FastTube, Bank Apps, Spotify, Evernote, File Manager--all these still work wonderfully and reliably.

Go for it.
    07-07-16 01:25 PM
    Switched to the iPhone hype and good lord i now understand why so many people crave for this phone: they dont use it for work or real world use, they just want one to show off.
    Just like I've wrote this and also the main reasons why I'll use my Q5 untill it dies, but before that I'll buy another Q5 or Q10.

Maybe it's the reason for such thinking in my ages. I am 45 yrs old and think little different than someone who has 20 or 25 yrs.

I need working phone, with which I can replace the tablet or the laptop on the street for example and with BB10 OS and the device with the physical keyboard and also with 3,1 inch screen, I have the entire functional laptop in my hand even in the bus

And also, at least for me, the important reason is that I can use it easily with one hand and second important reason is because such multitasking opportunities I didn't find on any other OS.

Younger population, let them use fancy stuff. But for serious using, BB10 OS is unsurpassed.

We have one saying in my country "every shoes will find her leg". Every product will have their buyer. Shoes for my leg is BB10 OS with physical keyboard small screen device like Q5 or Q10
    07-07-16 03:00 PM
    Just like I've wrote this and also the main reasons why I'll use my Q5 untill it dies, but before that I'll buy another Q5 or Q10.

Maybe it's the reason for such thinking in my ages. I am 45 yrs old and think little different than someone who has 20 or 25 yrs.

I need working phone, with which I can replace the tablet or the laptop on the street for example and with BB10 OS and the device with the physical keyboard and also with 3,1 inch screen, I have the entire functional laptop in my hand even in the bus

And also, at least for me, the important reason is that I can use it easily with one hand and second important reason is because such multitasking opportunities I didn't find on any other OS.

Younger population, let them use fancy stuff. But for serious using, BB10 OS is unsurpassed.

We have one saying in my country "every shoes will find her leg". Every product will have their buyer. Shoes for my leg is BB10 OS with physical keyboard small screen device like Q5 or Q10
    Agreed. Can't imagine an smartphone without file explorer for instance, and when I see tones of people carrying iphones... well, is like going backwards. That's why there's different people with different needs. The thing is that having a duopoly is not ideal at all.

 Q10 PASSPORT Z30 
    07-07-16 06:05 PM
    Welcome back.

I have the old native Facebook app on my Passport and Z10. It still works. I have Twiter as well, but I don't use it. Not because the app is not good, I just don't tweet.
    Maybe the native Facebook app is not going to work anymore, but for now it does.
    I didn't have the old Facebook app since the browser based update came out untill couple of weeks before. In that time I used only Face10. Face10 works good, but Messenger not quite.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 07:07 PM