Hey, this is really great. And shows that BlackBerry is listening to customers.
    A while back I got a survey and I asked for this specific feature. I don't know if others suggested it or not, but I got a notice yesterday that it has been implemented. It's called meeting mode and allows you to set calendar entries to silence you phone and then take it back off when it's done.
    It's not only makes sure you silence your phone, it also keeps you from missing calls later if you forget to turn it back on.
    I asked for meeting mode and got it!-img_20141024_224029.png

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 01:03 PM
    Well, nice try anyway.

It's a universal setting which makes it just as useless.
    I don't always need my phone silenced for every calendar entry. In fact I mostly DON'T need it so this needs to be refined. I need to set it for each calendar entry independently.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 01:20 PM
    Well, nice try anyway.

It's a universal setting which makes it just as useless.
    I don't always need my phone silenced for every calendar entry. In fact I mostly DON'T need it so this needs to be refined. I need to set it for each calendar entry independently.

Posted via CB10
    It only silences your phone for events that you set your status to 'unavailable' for.
    Ie. If you have an appointment and have your status as 'busy' meeting mode will not be engaged.

So it isn't global and useless. It's as granular as you like and awesome!

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    10-25-14 01:42 PM
    Well, I will have to play it with it a bit. How to I set the default away from busy?

Also, many of my entries are created by others. I don't always have control of how they set it.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 02:05 PM
    Are you telling me that you never have "busy" entries in your calendar where you need to keep your phone on?
    I have those every single day.

I need to keep the status as busy, yet I also need my phone to be on. I am a field tech. I need my schedule to show busy when I have an appointment but when I am on site I actually rely heavily on my phone and it NEEDS to be turned on, not silent.
    So, again, this may work for some people but I don't think it will do me any good at all.

The way it is, I would have to remember to turn on and off a feature that is designed to help me when I forget. But this time if I forget, the results are even worse.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 02:26 PM
    Yeah, I see what you're saying. Currently you would have to remember to change appointments from busy to free when you accept the meeting. Definitely not ideal considering the consequences if you forget AND the fact it wouldn't flag meeting/appointment conflicts.

They'll need to add a separate 'busy but reachable' status, 'unavailable' pehaps, that can be set as a default status for new meetings that meeting mode doesn't engage for but still flags meeting conflicts.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:27 PM
    What I really want is simply a check mark on each entry to enter meeting mode for that particular meeting.
    And also it would be nice to schedule vibrate or silence, such as evenings etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 05:23 PM
    But I still think it's awesome that they seem to be listening.
    So, if they are, perhaps they will refine this.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 05:24 PM
    But I still think it's awesome that they seem to be listening.
    So, if they are, perhaps they will refine this.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

Per calendar entry is important. Not every calendar entry represents a meeting where silence in a boardroom is needed.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 05:30 PM
    A standard per-calendar setting which can then be overridden by a single entry would be nice. E.g. I have a work calendar where I usually want meeting mode to be turned on, but I don't want it to be turned on by default for my personal calendar.
    Same goes for the meeting reminder. (which currently on 10.3.1 can't be changed for for read-only subscribed calendars)

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 05:42 PM
    To be honest, I almost never want my phone off for work, it's church every week where I really want this setting for.
    I would like to create a recurring entry each week.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 06:39 PM
    To be honest, I almost never want my phone off for work, it's church every week where I really want this setting for.
    I would like to create a recurring entry each week.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, or if going to the theatre/play

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:28 PM
    Yep. Another example where you might not actually put a calendar entry but if you knew you were going it would turn your ringer back on when you got done.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:22 PM
    I've been using the bQuiet app for temporary silencing, without using the calendar. But as I've been using BlackBerry Assistant more, I've been using the calendar more for this purpose. If I'm going to a movie, I use BlackBerry Assistant to create a calendar entry for it, to let it be silenced for the duration. It ought be possible to use BlackBerry Assistant for this directly, without involving the calendar.

The Watcher app lets you key a sound profile change to a word in the calendar event subject. You could set it to silence the phone only in events with the word "silence" in the subject.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-25-14 10:33 PM
    "Silence for the next 2 hours" would be great for BlackBerry assistant

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:01 PM
    "Silence for the next 2 hours" would be great for BlackBerry assistant

Posted via CB10
    Yes it would. I'd use it!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:07 PM
    Also "Silence from 3 to 4:30".

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-26-14 08:25 AM
    Yes, perfect.

I bet we get these too. BlackBerry is listening these days.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:29 PM