I have tried to install and reinstall BB link/blend several times on the computers, but it will not backup (tried on 3 computers (2x windows 10 and 1 Mac Os)). The BB10 software on the passport is 10.3.3.2163. On the Windows 10 machines it identifies the content of the Passport but will not back up. I will try again on an xp machine later. I can not find any help on this matter. Please assist
    Last edited by JimmyP45; 05-04-17 at 02:35 AM.
    05-04-17 01:34 AM
    LINK is no longer in active development..... Even if you managed to do a backup toady, no telling if two weeks from now you would get it to work again.

No of no solution for Mac OS, Windows 10 is not really supported... but it did work before 10.3.3. Removing all BlackBerry softare and reinstalling is something to try. As you have a MAC, if you use iTunes on your PC there is a problem that iTunes causes
    To rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file;
    Turn on Show hidden files and folders
    Navigate to C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\
    Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to iTunesPrefs.old
    ​Once completed, it would be recommended to turn off Show hidden files and folders.
    There are several backup programs in BBW (Ultimate Backup) that can fill "part" of the gap
    05-04-17 07:08 AM
    Thanks, does that now mean blackberry is dead for the consumer if there is no Blackberry method of backing up your data. Why would I or anyone else wish to invest in a new BlackBerry if this is the case. Extremely dissapointed and another loyal Blackberry fan lost!!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 05:10 PM
    I still able to backup my passport in windows 10. Btw, my version still in 10.3.2, maybe .3 can't to be backup?

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-04-17 09:19 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, how is the best way to go back to a previous os version if I can't back up, ie will data be wiped if I reload the software? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 12:13 AM
    Thanks, does that now mean blackberry is dead for the consumer if there is no Blackberry method of backing up your data. Why would I or anyone else wish to invest in a new BlackBerry if this is the case. Extremely dissapointed and another loyal Blackberry fan lost!!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is not in the hardware business anymore. IMHO only hobbyists​ should consider purchasing a BB10 device now.
    Paris1976 likes this.
    05-05-17 12:45 AM
    BlackBerry link can work with OSX10.11. I tried MacOS 10.12 and it is worked unstable. Windiows 10 1607 is worked well with BlackBerry Link and blend. Try to delete all BlackBerry software and re install. It should work.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 03:59 AM
    I have tried to install and reinstall BB link/blend several times on the computers, but it will not backup (tried on 3 computers (2x windows 10 and 1 Mac Os)). The BB10 software on the passport is 10.3.3.2163. On the Windows 10 machines it identifies the content of the Passport but will not back up. I will try again on an xp machine later. I can not find any help on this matter. Please assist
    I got my blend and link to work on my mac os Sierra by installing adobe Flash.
    05-07-17 04:05 AM
    Hello, everybody. For what it's worth, we, like so many, had been unable to back up our BB Q5 via BB Link, after updating our MacBook Pro to Sierra. Another member's comment that the culprit actually might be iTunes led us to try again, on the new release of iTunes 12.7.

Lo and behold, it worked, with no action on our part, other than connecting the Q5 to the Mac by USB. Who knows why?

Perhaps worth a try?

Best regards,

Peter MacKinnon
    09-24-17 11:33 PM