So I wasn't paying complete attention, and I opened up what I thought was Google maps, and I realized about 2 hours and 10-15 addresses later that I wasn't using Google maps, I was indeed using BlackBerry Maps.

This software is much improved over the 10.0 offering, and needless to say, Google Maps is now deleted from my phone.

If you have been using Google maps over BlackBerry Maps, I suggest you give it a shot. I'm EXTREMELY happy with it, and I'm usually an insatiable *******.

Posted via CB10
    The traffic dodging feature it has built in is amazing! Makes you go up and down sliproads on the motorway LOOL
    07-07-14 10:58 AM
    I love BB maps and now don't really miss BB Traffic.
    07-07-14 11:09 AM
    The issue isnt so much that is would give bad directions or anything. Its just barebones without some features i think
    My issue was moreso that it had so much trouble finding anything in Ottawa, and that the search isn't great (I'd search for the T&T asian grocery store, before even listing anything in Ottawa it would list every AT&T location in the US first.)
    07-07-14 11:11 AM
    I like BlackBerry maps because it is bare bones. Google maps can sometime be difficult as there are too many features. My objective is to get from point A to B.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 11:12 AM
    I agree with others that the search abilities are terrible. If I want to find a Starbucks, I need the results to give me some idea of which one is closest or where they are in relation to the direction I'm traveling. Just a list of locations with address is not going...

And the navigation abilities didn't work too well for me this weekend. A LOT of drive three block past a destination and then do a u-turn to get back to the finial destination. Or worse it showed my destination in the middle of the road... Glad someone in the car had an Android.
    07-07-14 11:13 AM
    The only reason I have Google maps is that I have a job where I receive this as a text.

latitude = 47.83469
    longitude = -84.30217

Which I enter as "47.83469,-84.30217"

And when I search on Google Maps it finds the location with no problem. BlackBerry Maps can't do that yet. But if any of you know how to send this info to whomever might could add this functionality to BlackBerry Maps. I would also happily delete Google Maps from my app selection on my Q!!!

Secret squirreling with my Q. DPI Private Investigations ?C0001FE5D ?
    You're searching for
    47.83469,-84.30217
    Which doesn't work *shrug*

Search for
    Which does work

Side note.. I BlackBerry maps can't "plan route" with location turned off.. give an incorrect error..
    07-07-14 11:32 AM
    I love BB maps and now don't really miss BB Traffic.
    I highly disagree. I still keep my 9900 charged specifically for BlackBerry traffic..and to use bridge remote with my computer.

BlackBerry traffic is still better than anything else I've used..
    How can n you say you don't miss BlackBerry traffic when maps can't handle traffic features? Like traffic predictions?

Using traffic and maps side by side, traffic still ftw.. better directions, better battery life, less data usage, accurate traffic info, ETA based off your driving habits..

traffic = best nav I've ever used.. yeah it could have used more features/integration with BlackBerry maps, but it did it's job and did it near perfectly.
    07-07-14 11:35 AM
    I agree with others that the search abilities are terrible. If I want to find a Starbucks, I need the results to give me some idea of which one is closest or where they are in relation to the direction I'm traveling. Just a list of locations with address is not going...

And the navigation abilities didn't work too well for me this weekend. A LOT of drive three block past a destination and then do a u-turn to get back to the finial destination. Or worse it showed my destination in the middle of the road... Glad someone in the car had an Android.
    Or also when I type in my road and it tells me to go to some place in America... It needs refinement for sure!
    07-07-14 11:37 AM
    You're searching for
    47.83469,-84.30217
    Which doesn't work *shrug*

Search for
    Which does work

Side note.. I BlackBerry maps can't "plan route" with location turned off.. give an incorrect error..
    Side note is correct. So turn location services on!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.2039
    07-07-14 11:46 AM
    I love BB Maps simply because it is so simple. I don't need 3D this or that or satellite overlay that makes the actual map almost impossible to read. BB Maps is simple and straight to the point if you need to eye ball the map or the written instructions while on the fly you can figure it out immediately. The less on the map the better.
    07-07-14 11:51 AM
    My issue was moreso that it had so much trouble finding anything in Ottawa, and that the search isn't great (I'd search for the T&T asian grocery store, before even listing anything in Ottawa it would list every AT&T location in the US first.)
    I punched in an Ottawa address a few blocks from my current position last week and it suggested a location in Toronto. Since I didn't put in the name of the city, I figured it would start with where I am (yes, I had location services fully enabled)

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-07-14 12:05 PM

Funny that people think that Google Maps is perfect. Google Maps is not much better than BB Maps. Google Maps has given me the wrong location several times in Toronto. I get to the location where the address is supposed to be and it's wrong; open up BB Maps and it shows me the correct location. BB Maps has proven to be more accurate, not just with locations, but also with traffic.

Also, BB Maps will not just give you a list of locations. If you're searching for Starbucks or anything else for that matter, it will show all locations in a list based on proximity to you or on a map so you can pick the best location. If you want to see locations on a map, you simply have to click on the first result which has the square category icon and voila, all are shown on the map.

Furthermore, BB Maps will give additional information when searching for stores/restaurants such as phone number, what time they're open until, what method of payment is accepted, average meal price, etc.

That said, BB Maps is not perfect and could use walking/public transit options. Something I'd like added to BB Maps is when you're approaching your destination, I would like it to tell me if the destination is on the left or on the right, not just "straight ahead."
    07-07-14 12:34 PM
    May be its good in certain countries, but in India it needs to improve (A LOT)!
    I understand BB Maps were launched for India shortly and would require time to get at par!

Till that time I ll settle with Google maps
    07-07-14 01:01 PM
    I love BlackBerry Maps! Very useful!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 02:05 PM
    So I wasn't paying complete attention, and I opened up what I thought was Google maps, and I realized about 2 hours and 10-15 addresses later that I wasn't using Google maps, I was indeed using BlackBerry Maps.

This software is much improved over the 10.0 offering, and needless to say, Google Maps is now deleted from my phone.

If you have been using Google maps over BlackBerry Maps, I suggest you give it a shot. I'm EXTREMELY happy with it, and I'm usually an insatiable *******.

Posted via CB10
    If I am walking and looking to public transportation I need to use GogleMpas, otherwise every time I have in the car driving it is ALWAYS. BlackBerry Maps!!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 02:24 PM
    Side note is correct. So turn location services on!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.2039
    I shouldn't need a gps lock to get directions between two known locations.
    07-07-14 02:36 PM
    I use it all the time. Wish it would tell me whether my destination was on my left or right, rather than straight ahead and then you've arrived
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    07-07-14 02:38 PM
    I use it all the time. Wish it would tell me whether my destination was on my left or right, rather than straight ahead and then you've arrived
    I think that's the only flaw in the whole thing "Your destination is straight ahead". I've learned enough over the years to figure out what side the odd/even numbers are on a bit before I get to where I'm going.
    07-07-14 02:50 PM
    We were in Kingston, Ontario this past weekend and we were looking for the LCBO. So my wife used her IPhone map and couldn't find it. It kept on saying address not valid. I asked her to enter it on my Z10 and it direct us directly to it.
    07-07-14 03:10 PM
    Once they improve the 'search' functionality, then it will be my go to app.
    The current iteration of BB Maps absolutely sucks at finding exact addresses but when it does find the right address, does a pretty good job at navigating to location.

Till that improves, it's google maps for me.
    07-07-14 03:26 PM
    BlackBerry maps is an piece of junk...I'll keep using Google maps!