I just wanted to share something i have come across. I was getting really poor battery life even with ALL the standard battery saving techniques. I read in the forum how Skype can increase the System category drainage substantially even while not in Active Frame mode. I have uninstalled and have gone from 9 hours to 1 day 12 hours remaining right after the uninstall and throughtout the day. Can anyone confirm this as I think it is a huge gain for us. Please do not hesitate to post your findings so that i can confirm this because i really do use Skype a lot and want it in my phone but not at this battery price. Z10 -2, OS 10.2.1.1925, Radio 1926, Tuenti (Movistar) Spain Carrier. Thanks guys.
    01-13-14 08:54 AM
    You can't just use Skype on demand? It's always running unless uninstalled?
    01-13-14 08:58 AM
    I dont quite understand you. I dont use Skype on demand just regular skype and to the question if its running when closed..i dont know thats what i would like to find out. Apparently(not proven) it drives system resources high when you have the app installed but in closed state.
    01-13-14 09:02 AM
    Seems like that's what he's saying. Can others confirm, please?
    01-13-14 09:08 AM
    ... Apparently(not proven) it drives system resources high when you have the app installed but in closed state.
    That's what I'm wondering. Is Skype doing some continuous spying/datamining in the background even when it's not in an Active Frame?
    01-13-14 09:10 AM
    That's what I'm wondering. Is Skype doing some continuous spying/datamining in the background even when it's not in an Active Frame?
    All I can say is that Im delighted with my battery life now..I was so fustrated before..I dont think it can be coincidence. We just need some confirmation on this..
    01-13-14 09:14 AM
    So... here is Skype, running in the background (right part of graph). I would not call 0.07% a battery drain at all.Huge Skype Battery Drain in System Category-img_20140113_151104.pngOf course if you actively use Skype to make calls all the time, it will increase battery/cpu usage, but it will not if 'idle'.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    FranRamos likes this.
    01-13-14 09:14 AM
    Thanks for the graph...I should have stated that my findings were based on not making any Skype Calls. Just with Skype installed and not running.. The graph that Im really interested in is The System resources graph with and without Skype installed into the phone..Thanks for the quick replies.
    01-13-14 09:18 AM
    If Skype is running it will be a energy eater.
    If you sign out after you use it you will not see that energy drain..
    FranRamos likes this.
    01-13-14 10:26 AM
    If Skype is running it will be a energy eater.
    If you sign out after you use it you will not see that energy drain..
    Since I dont have Skype anymore I cant remember if this was my case..but i do remember not signing out and just closing the app. So what your saying is I can have skype closed but not really cause im still signed in so its kinda running in the background. Am I correct? Thanks for your post since I always thought i would sign out automatically onced i closed the app.
    01-13-14 11:10 AM
    Since I dont have Skype anymore I cant remember if this was my case..but i do remember not signing out and just closing the app. So what your saying is I can have skype closed but not really cause im still signed in so its kinda running in the background. Am I correct? Thanks for your post since I always thought i would sign out automatically onced i closed the app.
    Yes that's it exactly. It doesn't normally strain your resources but I do get the occasional spike.
    It's got a few bugs.

Posted via CB10
    FranRamos likes this.
    01-13-14 11:24 AM
    Noted and solved I guess. Thank You everyone for their input
    01-13-14 11:30 AM
    Download it again. i always sign out after use...
    01-13-14 11:31 AM
    I just wanted to share something i have come across. I was getting really poor battery life even with ALL the standard battery saving techniques. I read in the forum how Skype can increase the System category drainage substantially even while not in Active Frame mode. I have uninstalled and have gone from 9 hours to 1 day 12 hours remaining right after the uninstall and throughtout the day.
    07-14-14 10:42 AM