I forgot to ask you, do you have flash enabled? Form the pics above seems like page hasn't loaded the flash content and that my explain the different RAM usage for that page?
    09-21-14 04:54 PM
    I have this issue too. 10.3 here

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 04:55 PM
    I have this issue too. 10.3 here

Posted via CB10
    The passwords remember issue or RAM not freeing up after closing tabs?
    09-21-14 04:56 PM
    I forgot to ask you, do you have flash enabled? Form the pics above seems like page hasn't loaded the flash content and that my explain the different RAM usage for that page?
    Maybe. I do have flash turned on though. I reloaded and tried again, this time the browser took up 68mb of ram... I'm curious why yours is so much different. Granted you are on a different OS. That might be it

Huge Browser RAM leak issue, how was this never mentioned before?-img_20140921_170552.png
    09-21-14 05:09 PM
    I also had this issue prior to 10.3, but with 10.3 it's better. I currently have 41 tabs open, 11 of them loaded and opened and closed a few in the meantime.
    I have four other apps open and the browser uses 238MB currently. It uses less RAM when closing tabs but it doesn't quite go down to where it was before.
    It still seems to get a little buggy though when opened for a long time. And I currently have flash disabled as most pages have finally moved on to HTML5.

Posted via CB10
    djsvet likes this.
    09-21-14 05:11 PM
    Maybe it is Flash... I went to this http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/rollercoaster and now it's at 240mb

It frees up though. When I close and reopen the browser I'm back down to 23mb
    09-21-14 05:13 PM
    Maybe. I do have flash turned on though. I reloaded and tried again, this time the browser took up 68mb of ram... I'm curious why yours is so much different. Granted you are on a different OS. That might be it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140921_170552.png 
Views:	899 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	299452
    Thanks. And mine actually kept increasing. I left that CNN page open for a while, it did hit 150mb at some point. Are you happy with the browser on 10.3?
    09-21-14 05:18 PM
    Ram issue

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 05:24 PM
    Thanks. And mine actually kept increasing. I left that CNN page open for a while, it did hit 150mb at some point. Are you happy with the browser on 10.3?
    I'm very happy. I read your comment about it crashing for some people. I haven't actually experienced that at all since the update
    09-21-14 05:54 PM
    I recommend trying alternative browsers.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    09-21-14 05:56 PM
    Wow, and I think I have an issue when I can't open the weather app. My life really is too simple.
    09-21-14 07:14 PM
    For the passwords, I think it may have to find with the website?
    Some, like banks, don't save the login data

I remember Berryreview had a post about how to create bookmarklets that let you get around that limitation
    09-21-14 08:28 PM
    But I do disagree with you on the "leak" statement. Like I said, I can make the browser allocate 400 mb, close all tabs but one, leave it overnight and it still sits at 400. If that isn't a memory leak I don't know what to call it.

Posted via CB10
    If it was a leak you could keep doing it, forcing the browser to allocate more and more memory until there was none left and the OS switched into a memory critical state and finally either crashed or killed the browser. But since many people use the phone without reboots for months without that happening a leak seems unlikely.

There is nothing wrong with an application allocating memory as long as it is prepared to react to requests to release the memory.

Posted via CB10
    undone likes this.
    09-21-14 08:33 PM
    Ok... Wow. Just crashed my browser for the first time since I put on 10.3. No joke, I use the thing 10 times a day for the last month or more and never had an issue. Today I post that I've never had a crash and then it crashes, haha. I jinxed myself
    09-21-14 09:09 PM
    Ok... Wow. Just crashed my browser for the first time since I put on 10.3. No joke, I use the thing 10 times a day for the last month or more and never had an issue. Today I post that I've never had a crash and then it crashes, haha. I jinxed myself
    One time a month is nothing.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 09:38 PM
    I recommend trying alternative browsers.

Posted via CB10
    I tried several native browsers - Evoolution and Alpha - no luck with them. They don't render one of my portals properly. Same with Opera.apk and Dolphin.apk. Will keep trying.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 09:44 PM
    Wow, and I think I have an issue when I can't open the weather app. My life really is too simple.
    Let's swap . Sometimes I wish I could just settle for an iToy and do things the way the iGuru tells me to.

Posted via CB10
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    09-21-14 09:47 PM
    It is called a memory leak when the memory allocated doesn't get released when no longer required by the app for long time, in some case it continues to eat more. One thing to note here is usually the system doesn't release the memory right after it is released by the app. In an environment such as Java runtime, it only collects the unused memory when system is going out of RAM or after a period of time. I'm not sure about QNX and BB10 but that can be the case. So it is understandable that browser still allocates 300 to 400 MB of RAM after you closed the other tabs and let only 3 tabs open. Unless you close the browser, else, it would only collect these unused memory when it has to do so as explained above.

You can try to use native browser to open only 3 tabs that you need 24/7, and use another browser app to launch the other websites that you need to reach for short period of time. Or the other way around. Depends on what works best.

Also, limit your use of the other app to the minimum if you can help it so that it wouldn't eat more memory.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    09-22-14 01:03 AM
    Private browser, free or paid -- this is what I'd try immediately, because I'd think it's designed to hold content and hold the connection, more than an "any old" browser. My hunch.

I just searched BlackBerry World for private browser and I saw there are some that are native to BlackBerry 10. Sounds good to me.

What I can't figure out us why no-one has suggested this before. Maybe my hunch is all wrong.
    09-22-14 02:00 AM
    Private browser, free or paid -- this is what I'd try immediately, because I'd think it's designed to hold content and hold the connection, more than an "any old" browser. My hunch.

I just searched BlackBerry World for private browser and I saw there are some that are native to BlackBerry 10. Sounds good to me.

What I can't figure out us why no-one has suggested this before. Maybe my hunch is all wrong.
    Private browsing, and therefore browsers, is about not leaking information about who you are, and where you have browsed before. It is possible that one or more may work for you, but your hunch that as a class private browsers would behave that way is wrong.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:41 AM
    Rawr I hate the reloading pages!!! Why does it have to do this?

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    09-22-14 04:05 AM
    Rawr I hate the reloading pages!!! Why does it have to do this?
    for performance, battery saving and so on...
    But it's only if you open a large number of tabs or if you run other apps that eat RAM. The "memory manager" does it to enhance the life and responsiveness of your phone, that's all
    09-22-14 05:28 AM
    Any one knows what is the latest Firefox ver that doesn't crash on 10.2.1? v32 crashes immediately after start.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:19 AM
    This is a huge issue because thats how I use my browser once ever never.
    09-22-14 07:22 AM
    This is a huge issue because thats how I use my browser once ever never.
    Thank you for pointing that out, very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:27 AM
96 1234