One thing that I have noticed about the hub is that various services (Facebook, BBM, SMS, etc...) have different appearances. For example, Facebook on the Q10 does not follow the same dark theme.

I think that BlackBerry should update the Hub to group notifications into classes (eg: message from BBM, FB, and SMS, etc... would be one class; calls from BBM, phone, and Skype, etc... would be another and perhaps longer mail from email would be a third).

They could then have a standardized API, which would allow easy integration of future platforms such as WhatsApp without a complete OS update.

As well, they could have a standard interface for each class of notification, which would streamline the visuals (all messages would have the same appearance, although some may not use the full feature set since SMS does not have read confirmation).

Finally it could permit easy creation of notification profiles (ie: set all types of messages to vibrate and calls to ring instead of having to go through a list of twenty different types).

Just my thoughts after having a Q10 for two weeks...

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    05-14-13 01:16 PM
    I know the hub has already been revamped between 10.0 and 10.1 so certainly more could and probably is coming. Good ideas!
    05-15-13 09:09 AM