Hello,

I've been using a Blackberry Passport for a couple of years plus. Obviously for the last year have been running the Android Whatsapp apk, with Whatsfixer, which has been a sound workaround.

Updating to the latest Whatsapp version yesterday, I found that I no longer received notifications in the Hub when receiving messages - no bell notification, no LED, no nothing. All that happens, if I'm currently using the phone, is Whatsapp opens itself and becomes fullscreen (intrusive), or if I'm not, the screen becomes bright, and then fades (not enough indication of a message having been received!).

Anyone having this same issue and/or know why it is happening, and whether it can be fixed? I think it might be something to do with the Whatsapp app now having a separate 'notifications' section in its own settings - but maybe that's a red herring. I would be happy to downgrade to an earlier version of Whatsapp if that's the only feasible solution - any advice on how to do that would be much appreciated.

I'm probably ready to give Blackberry 10 up and move to Android, with a heavy heart, but don't currently have the inclination to spend money on a new phone. Just to pre-empt any snarky 'just switch to Android!' responses!
    12-18-18 04:54 AM
    Hello,

I've been using a Blackberry Passport for a couple of years plus. Obviously for the last year have been running the Android Whatsapp apk, with Whatsfixer, which has been a sound workaround.

Updating to the latest Whatsapp version yesterday, I found that I no longer received notifications in the Hub when receiving messages - no bell notification, no LED, no nothing. All that happens, if I'm currently using the phone, is Whatsapp opens itself and becomes fullscreen (intrusive), or if I'm not, the screen becomes bright, and then fades (not enough indication of a message having been received!).

Anyone having this same issue and/or know why it is happening, and whether it can be fixed? I think it might be something to do with the Whatsapp app now having a separate 'notifications' section in its own settings - but maybe that's a red herring. I would be happy to downgrade to an earlier version of Whatsapp if that's the only feasible solution - any advice on how to do that would be much appreciated.

I'm probably ready to give Blackberry 10 up and move to Android, with a heavy heart, but don't currently have the inclination to spend money on a new phone. Just to pre-empt any snarky 'just switch to Android!' responses!
    Reboot, and then wait 10 minutes before using the phone.
    12-18-18 07:11 AM
    thank you - my bad for not making clear - i've already tried obvious (to the amateur such as myself!) steps such as this. any other suggestions?
    12-18-18 07:13 AM
    thank you - my bad for not making clear - i've already tried obvious (to the amateur such as myself!) steps such as this. any other suggestions?
    Are you getting notifications from other android apps?
    12-18-18 11:41 AM
    Can you revert to the previous "working" version?
    12-18-18 11:43 AM