Hey all! So having obtained my new Z10, despite what others may think of it, everyone wants to play with it. I'm a relatively private person, but I also want to be able to let people hold my phone so that they can get a feel for it. Normally, I start to twitch as soon as I sense someone even thinking about my phone.

What I'm finding is that as soon as they get it in their hands, they start flipping back and forth, which inevitably plunges them into my hub. I'm not worried about pics, because any nasty juicy ones I have, I can set to hidden. However, the hub, what I now refer to as my Z10's dark underbelly, is completely exposed! Is there anyway to lock down accessibility? I want to show off my Z10, without showing off every incriminating and sordid email and message exchange in the last week.
    02-13-13 08:44 AM
    I guess you can put it in demo mode if you want before you give it to someone to play with.
    02-13-13 08:57 AM
    how do you put phone in demo mode? and will that mess any of my setting up?
    02-13-13 10:11 AM
    I'd too get a bit nervous when people start poking around my device. I agree that things are a bit exposed at the moment. I guess that exposure is the trade off we make for having the convenience of an 'always on' Hub.

What I'd like to see is an option to either pattern lock the Hub or for BlackBerry to open up Balance. A Balance Lite mode could be activated (like kid's corner on WP8) in which you could control what was available (games and media etc) and what was not (i.e the Hub).
    02-13-13 10:39 AM
    I guess you can put it in demo mode if you want before you give it to someone to play with.
    I know my PlayBook has a showcase mode... and both have a dev mode. I can't seem to find the demo mode on the Z10. Best thing I've found so far is in Hub Settings, Display and Actions: turn everything off, and in Hub Management: turn everything off. You can still go into everything, but nothing is initially displayed just by accidentally swiping into the hub.
    02-13-13 02:03 PM
    BGR has the BlackBerry 10 walkthrough that shows about 70 screen shots. Anyway...go to settings- display- advanced then tap Retail Display Mode.
    02-13-13 04:38 PM
    BGR has the BlackBerry 10 walkthrough that shows about 70 screen shots. Anyway...go to settings- display- advanced then tap Retail Display Mode.
    You forgot: Google is my friend! Anyway... thanks.
    02-13-13 07:06 PM