Just idly gesturing to my hub from everywhere on my phone and holy **** if that's probably not going to be the only thing I miss about this os. I mean I'll miss the active frames too but I'll get over that. I know though, I will never get over not being able to peak at or just straight out go to my hub from anywhere inside anything on my phone

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 11:41 AM
    Uhhh? BlackBerry 10 is still there. It's not going anywhere. It'll never go anywhere. Unless you decide to move on.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 12:10 PM
    it's not so bad. You get used to it pretty fast if you don't have the hub. Although I must admit its a great feature, it's not the end of the world. Haven't had the hub for over 6 weeks now and doing just fine
    09-21-15 12:10 PM
    it's not so bad. You get used to it pretty fast if you don't have the hub. Although I must admit its a great feature, it's not the end of the world. Haven't had the hub for over 6 weeks now and doing just fine
    What phone or OS do you have that doesn't have the hub?
    09-21-15 12:44 PM
    Just idly gesturing to my hub from everywhere on my phone and holy **** if that's probably not going to be the only thing I miss about this os. I mean I'll miss the active frames too but I'll get over that. I know though, I will never get over not being able to peak at or just straight out go to my hub from anywhere inside anything on my phone

Posted via CB10
    Yup. I have all four phones out there and the hub is the best messaging system out there.
    09-21-15 02:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have to agree 110% with you. I came to the Z10 when it was first released and was moving from a Torch 9810, and the Hub was the only reason I was able to stand moving to this phone!

After heavily customizing my BBOS phones (apparently a lot of people never enabled SMS to be displayed in the Messages app on those OS5/6/7 phones), the Hub was a godsend because of how similar it was to the old Messages app! Little did I know that it was actually the best possible successor in how every type of notification basically aggregated there!

If the new Venice slider is infact Android and it somehow is good enough to compel me to switch to it from my Passport, it's going to be a rough couple of months!

(sidenote - I was going to switch to the Slider back when we thought it would be BlackBerry10 since my Torch had been such an amazing phone (both the 9800 and 9810) even though I'd have to buy it outright because my phone is on contract, but now I'm very much leaning against upgrading my Passport for an Android)

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-21-15 03:22 PM
    Was there confirmation that Venice wouldn't have a Hub app? Apologies if I missed it...

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    09-21-15 03:25 PM
    The HUB is the best part of the BlackBerry OS. I'm switching to Windows today and I know. It's the only feature I'm going to miss. I cannot wait any longer for BlackBerry to catch up with the app ecosystem (and I cannot stand that tmobile is terrible slow at releasing WiFi calling).

From my ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.798
    09-21-15 03:28 PM
    In the latest video, at the 1:05 mark, he states "BlackBerry Hub" and subsequently shows the icon. So I'm not sure why people insist there wont be a Hub when every leak has indicated it will be included.
    09-21-15 03:29 PM
    On Android L you can long press the home key and slide to the pop out icon(s) from anywhere in the OS. In fact in the video of the Android slider that is the hub gesture. Long press... slide to Hub.

So it will be a little less elegant but there.
    09-21-15 03:30 PM
    There's been confirmation that it does have "a" Hub, but we don't know what it will be. We also don't know if it doesn't be accessible from anywhere like it is with BB10.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    09-21-15 03:31 PM
    Was there confirmation that Venice wouldn't have a Hub app? Apologies if I missed it...

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    No. In fact the opposite is confirmed. Long press the home icon, 3 options pop out -- Settings/Google/Hub. Slide to the hub -- if it works like using Google Now on any Android L phone. Which certainly it appears to from that video.
    09-21-15 03:32 PM
    On Android L you can long press the home key and slide to the pop out icon(s) from anywhere in the OS. In fact in the video of the Android slider that is the hub gesture. Long press... slide to Hub.

So it will be a little less elegant but there.
    There's no peak though which is actually my favorite part of the hub experience.

southlander likes this.
    09-21-15 03:33 PM
    We also don't know if it doesn't be accessible from anywhere like it is with BB10.
    Yes we do. You can long press the home key in Android no matter where you are.
    09-21-15 03:33 PM
    Blackberry is slowly becoming just a software company. Their Hub will be available as one of the apps in their BB Suite that will be available on ALL platforms. There's a commercial of their BB Suites on the official BB website.
    09-21-15 04:03 PM
    There's no peak though which is actually my favorite part of the hub experience.

True. I assume anyway since I don't see how one can do that with Android. "Peeking" is a feature of cascades I guess.

I gotcha...
    09-21-15 04:34 PM
    Little did I know that it was actually the best possible successor in how every type of notification basically aggregated there!
    Android's pull down shade notification is the same basically. Apps on Android can have access to any notification. The Tesla Coil Unread app for example that plugs in to the Nova launcher -- it does that (if you set it to) so that it can "see" notifications from any app and display an "unread" badge/count on the app's icon based on that property.

So BlackBerry, with a Hub app -- should be able to take any notification and use it how it wishes. I would think anyway.
    09-21-15 04:54 PM