Without scrolling sideways?

This is a problem that drives me mad. We have reader mode in the browser, BBOS re formats html email by default so it is readable, BB10 makes you scroll all over the place to read them.

Is this being addressed in 10.2? I am trying to convince my brother on a new BB10 phone, but this was the first thing he asked about.

Posted via CB10
    Korepab likes this.
    08-15-13 09:00 AM
    Without scrolling sideways?

This is a problem that drives me mad. We have reader mode in the browser, BBOS re formats html email by default so it is readable, BB10 makes you scroll all over the place to read them.

Is this being addressed in 10.2? I am trying to convince my brother on a new BB10 phone, but this was the first thing he asked about.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, this is another fail on BB's part.
    08-15-13 09:15 AM
    Anybody with the leaked OS?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:50 PM
    Just incase.... You do know that you can pinch to zoom out?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    08-15-13 05:43 PM

Very cool, amazing that I did not know that. It does not work like reader mode in the browser, but it does help a bit. I need reading glasses so pinching to make it smaller does not help much when I don't have glasses.

Thanks for telling me that.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:13 PM
    Knew that, but this is really annoying. We should be zooming in to see what's what.. not the other way around.

09-05-13 08:45 PM
    Just like the browser, the text doesn't re-wrap to the new zoom level like the old BBOS did.

That is something that I miss.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:44 PM
    The auto zoom with double tap feature is nice. The lack of text wrapping is inexcusable in this day and age.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 09:57 PM
    The auto zoom with double tap feature is nice. The lack of text wrapping is inexcusable in this day and age.

Posted via CB10
    The error is really not an error on BlackBerry side. Text wrapping really hurts the designers and though not a part of HTML standard for a good reason.
    It's because the emails are hard formatted to a width from a paper-type designer. This is so 1998...

I've not seen this effect on responsive HTML emails so there are a few that know what to do in 2013

However, reader mode would be nice to defeat issues with that old habit

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 05:09 AM
    The error is really not an error on BlackBerry side. Text wrapping really hurts the designers and though not a part of HTML standard for a good reason.
    It's because the emails are hard formatted to a width from a paper-type designer. This is so 1998...

I've not seen this effect on responsive HTML emails so there are a few that know what to do in 2013

Posted via CB10
    I don't really know what you're talking about (honestly don't understand), but all I know is that emails wrap and display perfectly on an iPhone or Android and do not on a BB10. Frankly, I just don't care what the reason is.
    09-06-13 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't agree with this argument. Text wrapping is a great feature for mobile devices. If you get an email or Web page that requires reader mode, then the page was likely never intended to be viewed on a mobile device in the first place. So the notion of the designers vision being ruined by text wrapping does not apply (since the designer never envisioned the page to be viewed on a smartphone).

Also, reader mode can also ruin a designers vision of a page. I find that reader mode strips much much MORE of the original structure of a page than text wrapping ever has.

Text wrapping simply allows pages to be comfortably viewed on a larger number of screens and actually does the work of "mobilizing" a page for the designer who (for whatever reason) did not make a mobile friendly version.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:47 AM
    Does anyone have an example HTML email that we can test??

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1371

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 08:29 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Put 2 fingers together and separate them to make print BIGGER...
    09-06-13 09:46 PM
    I don't really know what you're talking about (honestly don't understand), but all I know is that emails wrap and display perfectly on an iPhone or Android and do not on a BB10. Frankly, I just don't care what the reason is.
    Agreed.
    I could live with it in the beginning, but now, be it in Emails or in the browser, I am just so annoyed because there is no text wrapping feature.
    After 6 months+ of the platform being available, not including a simple text wrapping feature really is just a bad joke.
    My OG Droid had that, and this phone is probably 4 years old by now.
    It really is ridiculous at this point in time.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 10:37 PM
    Put 2 fingers together and separate them to make print BIGGER...
    And then you have to scroll side to side to side to side to side...

We know how to zoom, if you've actually read the thread. The problem is the lack of text wrapping when you do zoom in - at least for the initial double tap zoom.

You know, the way it did in the old BBOS? The way it still does in every other phone OS out there?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 12:29 AM
    And then you have to scroll side to side to side to side to side...

We know how to zoom, if you've actually read the thread. The problem is the lack of text wrapping when you do zoom in - at least for the initial double tap zoom.

You know, the way it did in the old BBOS? The way it still does in every other phone OS out there?

Posted via CB10
    It's ridiculous.
    Completely idiotic.
    And if I want to be mean, I'd call the guys incompetent, who thought that consumers wouldn't want text-reflow.

I mean, it's on every platform, even on their old one.
    Who would have anticipated consumers wanting that feature....

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 01:00 AM