5th sentence from the top of the page says it all.
    Try the 11th sentence from the top of the page. I have seen you post this a couple of times and sorry, it is NOT the 5th sentence from the top. I hate to nitpick but..........
    11-03-15 01:34 PM
    Try the 11th sentence from the top of the page. I have seen you post this a couple of times and sorry, it is NOT the 5th sentence from the top. I hate to nitpick but..........
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I'll fix that.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-03-15 04:58 PM
    @wMark90

Sir: I applaud your comments!

I too have been a long term BlackBerry user ever since they came out with the Mobile text 850 series the the 957 email machine, along a number of BlackBerry units thereafter. Now on a BlackBerry Passport SE.

BlackBerry Passport with bb10 with latest update is a very solid built productivity machine. While the market share for current BlackBerry units is not large, such is still significant. John Chen has clearly indicated that BlackBerry 10 OS will be maintained at this point in maintenance mode. That means improvements to the OS. The BB10 system is already mighty stable and that is good.

John Chen has indicated that while the hand set segment is not strong, the other parts of BlackBerry business is doing well. That too is a good sign. It is clear that BlackBerry Is focusing immensely on security, and so far that is where the effort should be. The bottom line here, is that compared to Nokia or Palm(HP), BlackBerry is in a far better position to succeed in the commercial applications.

 BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    11-03-15 05:54 PM
    I personally think the best solution was to get the Android runtime running perfectly on BB10. Honestly, it does a decent job now for hundreds of thousands of Android apps. The missing element was always Google Play Services.

On another note, I can't imagine high-security organisations actually will use Android. With time, Android gets ever more buggier and laggier.

BB10 was rock solid from Day One.

I think that most current BlackBerry users would prefer BB10 with a flawless Android runtime and Google Play Services than moving over to a Priv.

Think about it? If BlackBerry could have marketed BB10 with Android and Google Services from day one, we might not be in this situation.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 06:26 PM
    You raise an interesting point - if priv is successful - this forum might quickly have more android users than bb10 users on it.
    This forum already has more Android users than BB10 users on it. THAT was my point.
    11-03-15 07:15 PM
    It's dead Jim.
    What do you know....apparently not much!
    11-03-15 09:20 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_10
    5th paragraph or 11th sentence from the top of the page says it all.
    You should read the source instead :
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2015/1...nkId=18266221/
    I quote :
    - "our commitment to BlackBerry 10 remains strong. We�ll continue to invest in and evolve the platform."
    - "Our current development environment is robust and, as such, there are no plans to schedule releases of new SDKs and APIs. New APIs will be released as required."
    - "There are no plans to remove the Android Runtime from BlackBerry 10."
    - "BlackBerry will also continue to support BlackBerry World for distributing apps for BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry OS subscribers."
    - "The Amazon Appstore is the place for the latest apps and games on BlackBerry 10."

And remember that anybody can edit a Wikipedia article
    11-03-15 09:29 PM
    You should read the source instead :
    An update for BlackBerry� 10 Developers | BlackBerry Developer Blog
    I quote :
    - "our commitment to BlackBerry 10 remains strong. We�ll continue to invest in and evolve the platform."
    - "Our current development environment is robust and, as such, there are no plans to schedule releases of new SDKs and APIs. New APIs will be released as required."
    - "There are no plans to remove the Android Runtime from BlackBerry 10."
    - "BlackBerry will also continue to support BlackBerry World for distributing apps for BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry OS subscribers."
    - "The Amazon Appstore is the place for the latest apps and games on BlackBerry 10."

And remember that anybody can edit a Wikipedia article
    I would love to be wrong.
    And you're correct about wikipedia, but, that post you provided appears to substantiate the wiki comment.
    Last full update was from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 in Jan/Feb of this year.
    We are told that in 2016 we will be receiving 10.3.3, a minor update, which parallels the wiki post.
    Companies are pushing ahead and thinking about future development. So why are we only getting a maintenance security tweak?
    There is no mention of a full update to the OS to come.
    Nor is there mention of updating the Runtime.
    OS10 appears to be parked and is just being maintained now.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 11-04-15 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo
    11-04-15 02:20 AM
    I just wish John Chen would post a thread like this on CB.
    11-04-15 03:52 AM
    I have no confidence in this g@dd@mn operating system. How many more time do I have to say it? Apps do not get updated. And the ones that do (Android) quit working cause it needs G-Play. The native Map will literally get you lost. The roads are not getting updated. I'm waiting for my Nexus. Then I will shut down my VRZN Z30. Then when my contract is over I will smash this g@dd@mn Z30 with a sledge hammer.

When this BB10 is finally declared dead I will celebrate and buy all of my friends 2 rounds of drinks. It will be a party like never before. I despise this g@dd@mn OS. I will never fail to spread the word around about it . It needs to die.
    I'm sorry, but you are extremely short-sighted. Regardless of what you think of the OS, to wish it to die is extremely stupid. The main problem right now with the mobile phone market is a lack of competition. It is an effective duopoly between Android and iOS. Do you ever wonder why in the first few years of the smartphones new developments come every year or even faster? Now look at the last 7-ish years. What advancements have we had in that time period? Faster processors, bigger screens, gimmicky doo-dads being added to phones, none of which are new technology? Do you know why there's been such a lack of innovation? NO COMPETITION! And you want potential competition to die?? SMFH

The smart way to go about this is move to an Android since you obviously do not like BB10, but at the same time wish for BB10 to improve so not only can they potentially become a true competitor and push Google and Apple to innovate further, which would help you as an Android user, or perhaps they can improve so much that BB10 could become a viable option for you in the future. Either way, you win.

BB10 dies, Android remains stagnant, iOS remains stagnant, everyone loses. While you celebrate your short-sighted stupidity...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Uzi, baarn, BionicKris and 4 others like this.
    11-04-15 07:24 AM
    While you celebrate your short-sighted stupidity...
    So its OK to call users stupid?
    Maybe just the stupid ones?
    Velocitymj likes this.
    11-04-15 11:59 AM
    Why is good?
    is it because has the latest google maps working on it?
    Android can or could be a good OS based in linux, BUT it is on the bottom layer, and apps work on java machines. Google was very smart selling to people how good they could offer an alternative to Microsoft and Windows, but they are the same or even worse.

if you want a good OS, buy a nokia MAEMO or a MEEGO, or something like that, but an Android is a limited toy compared with real Operating Systems

BB10 is dead, but buy the Priv, Android is a good OS.
    11-04-15 12:19 PM
    Recreate BB10 like UI on top of Mer/Ubuntu Phone. Or maybe even on top of Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 02:27 PM
    Thanks for a great post OP. You are absolutely right and I hope people will start going with you instead of just criticising for ever and ever.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:41 PM
    I'd love to see BB10 stick around,but the fact is we don't even know yet if BlackBerry's hardware division will be around long enough to see another iteration of the Priv. Should the Priv fail, I feel it will be the driving force in a full software transition effectively closing shop on the hardware front.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 11:25 PM
    It's time to move on from BB10. BlackBerry decided to move on long ago.
    11-04-15 11:34 PM
    I understand all your concerns. But some of you has maybe forgot that John has said a new BB10 phone? Depends from the market.
    Instead of Leo Apotheker that has killed webOS without think one second, John don't has the idea to kill, but he want that he is sustainable. And if you everyday continue to say is dead, how you can make sustainable? How you can convince developer like NemOry to continue to developing for this platform?

Also i agree with some of you, instead of full android, is more better than use a more integrated Android VM (QNX Hypervisor?) and in a second time you can install the Google Play Services. Like the chinese smartphone. But this is not the solution.
    Take for example the BlackBerry Passport, an incredible device. What has limited him? The lack of native apps. That has designed only for the Passport.

Now you forced to me, to repeat always the same words.
    You can still save BlackBerry 10 if you do something. If you complain, complain, complain instead of helping to make BB10 alive, you kill it!
    So stop to complain and act. And if you prefer to go with Android, go with him but don't convince me or other members to go with an OS that is bad, insecure, unstable and has completely killed the innovation on this market.
    11-05-15 05:08 PM
    I think this forum is starting to die along. So sad. I also enjoyed (and invested) in both MeaGo and WebOS - both great OS and far far ahead of their times. BB10 is no exception. Only if people understood it...

Posted via CB10
    I agree if not for cobalts post I would not be coming here. Next phone will be Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge plus and I cannot wait.

I'm tired of jumping through hoops to get Uber and the like.

Can't even get score notifications, absolute joke. built for bb10 stocks app? Doesn't even work... even worse doesn't have notifications.

I'm just over it.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:05 PM
    A couple hundred forum members complaining about keeping BB10 alive won't save it. The product didn't catch on with the mass public and as such is not profitable. As a result, the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    11-05-15 06:06 PM
    Obvious. We need to accept also the BlackBerry Priv. We live in a society that care more to have the latest game than security on their device. And when they got "hacked" crying like a kid.

But also if BlackBerry 10 is alive, i have already said we are only an �lite, we are a little part of market, don't expect to compete with Android or iOS.
    The smartphone market is already finished. And the winners are Android and iOS.
    Now in our hands the power to try to make alive the alternatives to this duopoly. If other OS like BB10, Windows Phone, Sailfish OS, Firefox OS and Ubuntu Touch get to be killed, prepared to live the same story of desktop market back in the past. When Microsoft killed innovation, competition etc.

And if you think competition is a bad thing, you are wrong. Without competition there is no motivation to improve the product, more choice, good price and Innovation.
    BlackBerry 10 is the last hope for have a little innovation on this market.
    acovey and Jake2826 like this.
    11-06-15 02:17 AM
    Me three but verizon has me in the palm of their hands unfuc*ingfortunatley.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:59 PM
    Me three but verizon has me in the palm of their hands unfuc*ingfortunatley.

Posted via CB10
    Am talking about getting the Passport LOL

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:04 PM
    The reason I come to this forum is that I still prefer BB10 for its efficiency and security. I'm not sure why some guys are spreading panic here, but I also hope bb10 can update more frequently to give people some assurance . By the way I'm getting Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:58 PM
    Because some move of BlackBerry just give you the idea they want to kill BB10. I understand their concerns, but there is still a little hope for us.

Anyway who wants to join in the movement? Who want to do something instead of complain?
    sudomaster and ChrisLeNeve like this.
    11-07-15 02:02 AM
    With you Marco. Love my BB10 devices.

Don Diego endorses the Zed and wields a Silver.
    11-07-15 10:09 PM
185 1234 ...