The 2 small maintenance releases will be 10.3.3 (due March 2016) and 10.3.4 (no date given). This has already been announced by BB. Don't confuse 10.3.4 with "10.4", which would be a major update - one that I strongly doubt anyone will ever see.
    Velocitymj and Killjoyhere like this.
    12-09-15 02:16 PM
    Don't confuse 10.3.4 with "10.4", which would be a major update - one that I strongly doubt anyone will ever see.
    Thanks for correcting me on that, because that's exactly what I did.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 08:09 PM
    BlackBerry could improve that support for android apps, in fact skilled users are able to execute most android apps

Of course many apps are using the Google services but there is solution to this problem in this forum.Though the solution should be offered by RIM/BB instead of 3rd parties.

I feel that I have more control over android apps using a BB10 than using an Android....

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 08:32 AM
    But the runtime will not get updated and more and more apps will not work.
    12-10-15 09:28 AM
    Yes BB10 marketing was definitely deficient.

But IMO there was more that just the marketing aspect, Carriers (and their salesperson) worldwide never really support or wanted to sell any BlackBerry devices.
    When looking for a new phone, salesperson, we're always pushing for a iPhone or an Android device (for their own ego, and also related to indirect bonus for the big one Apple, Samsung). Even if you were specifically asking for a BB10 device, they were doing anything to discourage you not to and to take the other alternative.
    Even today, you go to a carrier store and will found salesperson that don't even know how to operate BB10 device. That tell a lot about their interest.

Now with the PRIV carrier are changing start changing their perspective and are now supporting BlackBerry.

So my suggestion remain to bring full support of Google Play and Google Services and then put new BB10 devices in salesperson pockets.

Posted via CB10
    The carriers lack of support was a huge problem but BlackBerry could have mitigated that by providing incentives for salespeople. Give an AT&T or O2 shop monkey the chance to win prizes or bonuses for selling a certain number of BlackBerrys and they'll suddenly develop an interest in selling BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 12:57 PM
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Some people are upset because BlackBerry may not sell new OS10 phones or add new features, but there is no plan to stop supporting BB10 as it currently exists.

If Ford stops making Mustangs, there would be no legal issues for people who already bought Mustangs or for purchasers of existing inventories, so long as they continued to support existing cars. Just because a company sells software and/or hardware, they are not obligated to support it forever, just for the period explicitly stated.

Blackberry has good business reasons to support BB10 well beyond their legal obligations, so I wouldn't anticipate any legal issues.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has pared down their costs of production so I expect they'll keep cranking out BB10 handsets in small numbers as long as people continue buying them. I could even see them bringing out updated versions of the current range of handsets with minor improvements - think of the Passport SE which is internally the same as every othet passport but with certain improvements to make it nicer to use.

Also, BlackBerry still sells a lot of handsets in Africa and since BB10 runs fine on lower specced hardware, it is much better suited to developing markets that would find the Priv too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 01:06 PM
    The carriers lack of support was a huge problem but BlackBerry could have mitigated that by providing incentives for salespeople. Give an AT&T or O2 shop monkey the chance to win prizes or bonuses for selling a certain number of BlackBerrys and they'll suddenly develop an interest in selling BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    Giving incentives with a bad product will put a person into the unemployment line. The Z10 sold great initially with carrier support. The very high return numbers are what quickly killed support from BlackBerry and the carriers. When people discovered they couldn't get popular apps, plus early hardware and software issues, the OS was DOA and nothing BlackBerry could do would fix this problem. Android should have been their solution from initial availability to hardware manufacturers to respond to iPhone challenge. They had incumbent advantage initially. They could have kept on with BBOS for revenue and security at time, maybe even still developed BB10 type OS.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and GadgetTravel like this.
    12-13-15 02:18 PM
    BlackBerry has pared down their costs of production so I expect they'll keep cranking out BB10 handsets in small numbers as long as people continue buying them. I could even see them bringing out updated versions of the current range of handsets with minor improvements - think of the Passport SE which is internally the same as every othet passport but with certain improvements to make it nicer to use.

Also, BlackBerry still sells a lot of handsets in Africa and since BB10 runs fine on lower specced hardware, it is much better suited to developing markets that would find the Priv too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    In Africa, so what buying a BB is a racial thing now?
    12-14-15 11:48 AM
    In Africa, so what buying a BB is a racial thing now?
    Attached Thumbnails How YOU (Community) can save BlackBerry 10-ray-liotta-goodfellas.jpg  
    Velocitymj likes this.
    12-14-15 12:00 PM
    Happy New Year to everyone and let's make this year, the year of BB10 that has come back
    01-01-16 05:08 AM
    How we (the CB Community) could help BlackBerry to keep on rolling?

simpel:
    1. buy BB devices
    Passport, Classic, Leap, Z30, Q10, just any you like (alright even a PRIV if that's what you want)

2. buy native and built-for-Blackberry app's
    and yes I'm talking about useful "produktive app's", yeah alright even the odd stickers in BBM will do if it makes you happy.

3. buy original BB accessories
    just anything that makes your device experience complete, like device cases, sync-pods charger, what ever just start a collection.

4. buy BB software
    start getting a BES12 Cloud licence for instant, extending the overall capabilities of your device quite a lot, even if you are not an Enterprise, but BES12 Cloud comming in very handy for ActiveSync of your Adressbook, Calendar and even extending the Remember app and Doc's-to-go options, being on PUSH sync at any time.

5. promote the fantastic experience and capabilities of BlackBerry OS10 products with its overall secure ecosystem.

6. stop craving and yanking for Android
    remember Google's Android, Apple's iOS and M$ Win systems are there to be ignored, because they do not do what BlackBerry is good at, if you have a closer look you may see why.

7. enjoy BlackBerry products
    be happy for there inventions and that you still can get your hands on this devices, no need to give in and surrender to iOS or Android.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.+
    elfabio80 and Alain_A like this.
    01-01-16 12:34 PM
    How we (the CB Community) could help BlackBerry to keep on rolling?

simpel:
    1. buy BB devices
    Passport, Classic, Leap, Z30, Q10, just any you like (alright even a PRIV if that's what you want)

2. buy native and built-for-Blackberry app's
    and yes I'm talking about useful "produktive app's", yeah alright even the odd stickers in BBM will do if it makes you happy.

3. buy original BB accessories
    just anything that makes your device experience complete, like device cases, sync-pods charger, what ever just start a collection.

4. buy BB software
    start getting a BES12 Cloud licence for instant, extending the overall capabilities of your device quite a lot, even if you are not an Enterprise, but BES12 Cloud comming in very handy for ActiveSync of your Adressbook, Calendar and even extending the Remember app and Doc's-to-go options, being on PUSH sync at any time.

5. promote the fantastic experience and capabilities of BlackBerry OS10 products with its overall secure ecosystem.

6. stop craving and yanking for Android
    remember Google's Android, Apple's iOS and M$ Win systems are there to be ignored, because they do not do what BlackBerry is good at, if you have a closer look you may see why.

7. enjoy BlackBerry products
    be happy for there inventions and that you still can get your hands on this devices, no need to give in and surrender to iOS or Android.

I agree with You. Best suggest!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 12:48 PM

4. buy BB software
    So, is there the possibility to use BES 12 Cloud without having a company? I searched for that but no luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 01:07 PM
    So, is there the possibility to use BES 12 Cloud without having a company? I searched for that but no luck.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a Company either

everyone can buy a BES12 licence, just put any fancy name in to the required "Company field" that's it.

just give it a shot and apply for the 30 day's free test licence for a start and have a look at the options, if you find it useful you either buy a BES12 Cloud Silver licence for around 20-quit or a Gold licence for 66-quit.
    bought the 21�+VAT annual Silver licence in the end because I do not need the high security controls over the device.

well just to mention it, the test licence ist for 100 devices with no restrictions, can run all devices, BB, Android, iOS and WIN mobiles at the same time.
    the annual licence is per single device, so yep will get more licences for a Passport next month to add, my Z10 will go without BES.
    And yep the BES12 Cloud version do not require to install any software at all.

01-01-16 02:11 PM
    Well taking about how to support BlackBerry, on how to enable the company to generate some income....

lets talk about BES12 Cloud on a small scale, as a business mode.
    Would be a smart task for BlackBerry may to think over the licence model for BES12 Cloud, since it would be interesting to be able to manage only a small number of devices, like 5 devices for instant, instead of the business big quantities like make it available as per "family licence" instead of 100 units, well the current licence model is per annual and device, easy to add another licence if needed more.

Well in my case there are 6 Blackberry devices in use among the family members, so it would be smart to get a "BES12 Cloud home" version instead of a business class full monty Enterprise.

01-01-16 02:43 PM
    I'm not a Company either

everyone can buy a BES12 licence, just put any fancy name in to the required "Company field" that's it.

just give it a shot and apply for the 30 day's free test licence for a start and have a look at the options, if you find it useful you either buy a BES12 Cloud Silver licence for around 20-quit or a Gold licence for 66-quit.
    bought the 21�+VAT annual Silver licence in the end because I do not need the high security controls over the device.

well just to mention it, the test licence ist for 100 devices with no restrictions, can run all devices, BB, Android, iOS and WIN mobiles at the same time.
    the annual licence is per single device, so yep will get more licences for a Passport next month to add, my Z10 will go without BES.
    And yep the BES12 Cloud version do not require to install any software at all.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
    What about BlackBerry Balance, how could I enable it? I would love to have the possibility to use to work places on my device.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 03:40 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.
    What about BlackBerry Balance, how could I enable it? I would love to have the possibility to use to work places on my device.

Posted via CB10
    Balance will be enabled when you enrol your device to the said BES12 cloud
    01-01-16 03:44 PM
    I am really sorry you spent do much time in starting this post. Unfortunately BlackBerry 10 is dead man walking.

I moved away from Nokia N series and the disaster of the E5. And purchased a 9700 upgraded to 9780 (best KB OS7)

Eventually tried the Storm and the the Torch, at the time these were aspirational purchases. Both were crap. Eventually tried the 9900 and this remained one of the best models after gushing the world for faster and battery efficient OS7 files. Then the PlayBook 'say no more'

I thought that OS10 was the saviour and future. I purchased one of the first Z10 in London, even then owning a Blackberry vs a Nokia 5800x or Iphone with only sms, no GPRS, MMS, and no 3G, and yet we still allowed them to push to one side.

With the Z10 I only found frustration and dissatisfaction. No simple migration from OS7, link was the saviour and ended being a disaster. Contact and Calender lag, software upgrades which either wiped the phone or corrupted the previous OS. Most user do not want to spend extra time and money trying to find a high capacity battery upgrade on already an expensive purchase.

The Passport was good, but form factor was not ideal. The only two OS10 phones I will use to the end are the Q10 and the Z30 both of which are now obsolete. The current OS10 phone is the Leap, and by then even the corporates had switched away.

The final nail was last week when my sons new partner visited, she is a HR Manager in a multi national company, she looked at my Z30 and in Italy thought it was an GS5 or Sony Z5, when I told her it was a Blackberry shed said ' OMG I can't believe your still using a Blackberry'

There it is, I an embarrassed to be seen using a Q10 or Z30, even though they are the most productive phones

That's it folks, the story ends......
    Last edited by fabio1; 01-01-16 at 06:08 PM.
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    01-01-16 05:47 PM
    So, has the community saved it yet?
    01-01-16 06:11 PM
    The final nail was last week when my sons new partner visited, she is a HR Manager in a multi national company, she looked at my Z30 and in Italy thought it was an GS5 or Sony Z5, when I told her it was a Blackberry shed said ' OMG I can't believe your still using a Blackberry'

There it is, I an embarrassed to be seen using a Q10 or Z30, even though they are the most productive phones.
    It never ceases to amaze me the extent to which men today judge the value of things in direct proportion to the fickle approval / disapproval of girls and young women, lol.

As Angelina Jolie said to Johnny Depp in The Tourist:

"I'd rather you be a man who does *exactly* as he pleased."

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBHermes; 01-02-16 at 03:00 PM.
    Alain_A likes this.
    01-01-16 07:01 PM
    BlackBerry powered by Android is great. I think it's going help the handset division of BlackBerry stay alive.

I'm going to continue to use BB10 devices. Probably purchase the Passport to replace my...

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    01-01-16 11:11 PM
    It never ceases to amaze me the extent to which men today judge the value of things in direct proportion to the fickle approval / disapproval of girls and young women, lol.

As Angelina Jolie said to Johnny Depp in The Tourist:

"I'd rather you be a man who does *exactly* as he pleased."

Yes!

Posted via CB10
    Can't get much more sexist than that folks. I think the point was she was an hr manager for a large company rather than the fact that she was female.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-02-16 04:23 AM
    Correct.

The whole point indeed. Senior HR Partner in the UK, working for a Global Company. Nothing to do with male or female.

However it still reminded me of my Father who always took pride in showing off his Alfa Romeo 164. He often show my friends the car and specifications, plus this history etc.

Even when it and the brand lost its way and reputation and fell out of desire and aspirations of the next generation of consumers he still beloved they never made them like that today

Father still loved the Alfa 164 and still went to all the die-hard events. I still love the history of the brand and the marketing today. All very nice, glossy and full of future innovations. But it's also to late, they may sell a few Alfa to the die-hards. Would I buy one now - NO

X
    Last edited by fabio1; 01-02-16 at 07:07 AM.
    01-02-16 06:38 AM

There it is, I an embarrassed to be seen using a Q10 or Z30, even though they are the most productive phones
    yeah that's the problem this day's your are not getting in with the posh crowd if you don't show up with the right HIP-toy... well I'm glade about the fact that a Blackberry mobile is not a "Poser-toy-phone" but a reliable tool for every day's use.

Thing is, that it is important to make your own mind up, not being driven by the masses, that's it.....
    don't define yourself over what other muppets think is desirable at some point or the other, but rather find your own way of doing things.
    BlackBerry devices got this underestimated power that flattering crowd will not recognise because of there short sight in live.

this day's you can hype-up a frigging broomstick as the most desirable toy to swing around and the masses will glorify this stick without question... called successful marketing, just try not to get fooled, neither by stupidity nor arrogance.

as Sir Terry Pratchett ones called it:
    "You got to learn three things. What�s real, what�s not real, and what�s the difference."

Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 01-02-16 at 08:25 AM.
    01-02-16 07:48 AM
    Giving incentives with a bad product will put a person into the unemployment line. The Z10 sold great initially with carrier support. The very high return numbers are what quickly killed support from BlackBerry and the carriers. When people discovered they couldn't get popular apps, plus early hardware and software issues, the OS was DOA and nothing BlackBerry could do would fix this problem. Android should have been their solution from initial availability to hardware manufacturers to respond to iPhone challenge. They had incumbent advantage initially. They could have kept on with BBOS for revenue and security at time, maybe even still developed BB10 type OS.

Posted via CB10
    This is a concise description of what happened. They had a narrow widow in time to react to iOS and Android. They totally missed that ( it closed by 2010). They MAYBE had a second chance when BB10 actually did come out but everything had to be perfect and they needed some luck. They delivered a flawed product initially and that was it.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    01-02-16 08:30 AM
185 ... 5678