Marco,it is not with a tweet that I communicate to the world, unless I am a politician or a star...I am sorry, it does not work like this. Then it would be much more useful and realistic release a interview to Crackberry or something similar, yes....advertising Android Priv, but also highlighting the OS 10 continuing life. As per "being part of an elite"....sorry man, I bought 2 PlayBook, and 4 BlackBerry smartphone, and some convinced few people to use BlackBerry. This means that I contributed on my own to support BB....and I am expecting respect, and clear communication.

I look forward to keep on using BlackBerry, but I want to have clear communication and transparent.

Posted via CB10
    That message hasn't just been in tweets. It has been on the BlackBerry website, in blog posts, in email I've received from BlackBerry, etc. It is just that people like to read into it their own assumptions. That is fine, but don't expect everyone to make the same assumptions.

Exactly what BlackBerry has said is good enough for me to continue to use, and develop for BB10. Many people are in a different place, and that is fine for them. But ignoring what BlackBerry has said in all their communications channels, but including assumptions (such as this message is only in a tweet from Clewely) is misleading.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-29-15 03:04 PM
    Fine Richard, but do you think that there is actually a good communication towards the old customers or new customers? If many people here have their "own assumptions", don't you think that maybe there is need to reinforce then their message?

I continue to use BB10, planning to buy one more BlackBerry, and keeping on buying apps....I do my part already...

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 02:08 AM
    I convinced a number of people to buy BlackBerry 10 and download BBM. I'm now thinking to myself, what have I done? This company cares more for its shareholders than their customers. That might have worked when they were the top dog but they are not anymore. The priv has 18 months max before they realize they won't be able to syphon off enough money to give to their shareholders. The Priv is dead.

As much as I have started to dislike Chen, I'm starting to hate myself more for giving this company Patronage and so much positive praise in my social circles over the years. I like BlackBerry 10 but I'm sincerely starting to hate the company.

Thank you and f'/-" you Chen, shareholders and board of directors. Stop hurting yourselves with your idiotic decisions. Have a freaking long term vision for once in the life of this company. Do the decent thing.

Remember when the PlayBook getting BlackBerry 10 was cancelled? I was fine with that. A lot of people weren't though. One of those people was my father who bought it with the knowledge that it was going to get the update. It didn't. He refused to get BlackBerry 10. How many other potential customers did you scare away? Bad faith?

Remember putting the for sale sign up after the release of the Q10? I do. I was upset but it didn't bother me too much at that time. I had faith in you guys. I had faith in the company. However, how many potential customers did you scare away with that move? You hurt your own investment. Whoever made that decision should have their name in the dictionary next to ID I OT.

Remember that time everyone who bought a z10 and a z30 wanted a new all touch z50 device? I do. What did you guys do instead? Release two niche devices that no one asked for. You guys thought the real reason your phones weren't selling was because they didn't have a track pad. I'm laughing at the absurdity. How many new potential customers did you scare away with that move? Might have convinced one OS 7 user to switch. I feel sorry for him. Poor guy doesn't know much about technology and only reason he bought it is because he hates change and his old phone had a battery issue.

When those people on OS 7 looked at the competition though, were they going to go for the new iPhone without a keyboard or go for more of the same with BlackBerry's offerings? Yet, again, a lost opportunity to sell to both established BlackBerry 10 customers and legacy users by not offering Z50 with BlackBerry 10. Would not even take many televised advertisement showing you're right up there with your competitors. Could have not made one acquisition of xyz company to cover the costs. But, no, even you guys don't believe in BlackBerry 10. You just want the company to look good in the event a potential buyers drives by the office. Everyone in this company wants to cash out for a quick buck.

But that was okay. I forgave you. You had a plan, I thought. However, you, again, hurt your own investment. Why spend the money in the first place if you are going to waste all the work you spent it on?

Remember you launched the priv running Android? I certainly do. That was the precise moment I quit forgiving. In fact, that was the moment I quit caring about you or your products. Now that you have successfully alienated every customer who has ever purchased a product from you and every developer who has developed for you, now you can get what you want. Close the device business how many people would be surprised at this policy?

Even one of your biggest fans here is having a hard time forgiving you. No wonder Crackberry Kevin dropped the Crackberry from his name. if I were smarter, I would have seen the writing on the wall sooner too.

Thank you and f##� you. You really do deserve it this time. May BlackBerry 10's fate be your future.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 07:02 AM
    Fine Richard, but do you think that there is actually a good communication towards the old customers or new customers? If many people here have their "own assumptions", don't you think that maybe there is need to reinforce then their message?

I continue to use BB10, planning to buy one more BlackBerry, and keeping on buying apps....I do my part already...

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that anyone should "do their part" except be honest with themselves about which product best suits their personal needs. If BlackBerry doesn't meet your needs, or isn't even the best fit, then you should be using something else.

As far as communication goes a company can only do what they can. The issue here is that someone who either didn't read the official communication, or bought into the interpretation someone else was spinning on it tweeted Clewely and got a response. Then other people complain that tweeting isn't the way to communicate this news. So was Clewely supposed to ignore the question? At some point people have to take responsibility for keeping themselves informed. You can lead a horse to water, but the hose has to drink on its own.
    anon(2313227) and Killjoyhere like this.
    11-30-15 09:20 AM
    I don't think that anyone should "do their part" except be honest with themselves about which product best suits their personal needs. If BlackBerry doesn't meet your needs, or isn't even the best fit, then you should be using something else.

As far as communication goes a company can only do what they can. The issue here is that someone who either didn't read the official communication, or bought into the interpretation someone else was spinning on it tweeted Clewely and got a response. Then other people complain that tweeting isn't the way to communicate this news. So was Clewely supposed to ignore the question? At some point people have to take responsibility for keeping themselves informed. You can lead a horse to water, but the hose has to drink on its own.
    I agree. I wouldn't buy another BlackBerry 10 phone unless there was more than their vocal promise to support the platform. Especially considering how much they are still charging for their BlackBerry 10 devices.

Last thing I would need is for email or the browser not to work correctly and have to wait for an update that would never come. It is bad enough the facebook app never gets fixed, imagine it was the browser that no longer worked properly? I don't trust them right now to actually fix anything if it breaks on this platform. I'm not even certain they have any BlackBerry 10 developers left on staff.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 09:56 AM
    This company cares more for its shareholders than their customers.
    That's every single publicly traded company in existence. News flash.

That might have worked when they were the top dog but they are not anymore. The priv has 18 months max before they realize they won't be able to syphon off enough money to give to their shareholders. The Priv is dead.
    BB10 was dead in 2013. The reason there won't be any more BB10 phones is because all the millionares with access to sales and market data know it's dead. Angry forum posters are not a sustainable market.

Thank you and f'/-" you Chen, shareholders and board of directors. Stop hurting yourselves with your idiotic decisions. Have a freaking long term vision for once in the life of this company. Do the decent thing.
    The decent thing for you or for the company? The company exists to make money, in case you've forgotten. Which rabbit do you chase? The rabbit that <1% of the people in the world care about, or the rabbit being used by >50%. As I mentioned earlier, no publicly traded company exists to make customers happy. The ipod Classic sold better than BB10. It made more profit than BB10 (of course, the loose change in my wallet is more net profit than what 3 years of BB10 phones has brought, but I digress), and it got discontinued even with 9-figure quarterly sales revenue. A product still bringing in billions in profits annually got axed because those billions weren't considered enough. Yeah, good feels is nobody's M.O.

Remember when the PlayBook getting BlackBerry 10 was cancelled? I was fine with that. A lot of people weren't though. One of those people was my father who bought it with the knowledge that it was going to get the update. It didn't. He refused to get BlackBerry 10. How many other potential customers did you scare away? Bad faith?
    The Playbook itself should have never existed. Remember the billions of dollars RIM lost because of that piece of junk? I was stupid enough to buy one, but that didn't make them lose me as a customer. I just would never ever buy another BB tablet if such a thing existed.

Remember that time everyone who bought a z10 and a z30 wanted a new all touch z50 device?
    Awesome, then BB would have 850,000 sales per quarter instead of 800,000.

I do. What did you guys do instead? Release two niche devices that no one asked for. You guys thought the real reason your phones weren't selling was because they didn't have a track pad. I'm laughing at the absurdity. How many new potential customers did you scare away with that move?
    BB10 scared away the customers, not the PKB.

Might have convinced one OS 7 user to switch. I feel sorry for him. Poor guy doesn't know much about technology and only reason he bought it is because he hates change and his old phone had a battery issue.
    Excellent. 850,001 sales instead of 850,000.

When those people on OS 7 looked at the competition though, were they going to go for the new iPhone without a keyboard or go for more of the same with BlackBerry's offerings? Yet, again, a lost opportunity to sell to both established BlackBerry 10 customers and legacy users by not offering Z50 with BlackBerry 10.
    Yet there are plenty of Legacy users (myself included) who would NOT have bought a Z50.

Would not even take many televised advertisement showing you're right up there with your competitors.
    They aren't even close to their competitors. I challenge you, as I have challenged others, to go to imore and Android Central and start a thread simply asking, "Why did you choose Android/IOS and not BB10?" Ask the people who didn't buy why they didn't buy. Stop posting wild unfounded speculations.

Remember you launched the priv running Android? I certainly do. That was the precise moment I quit forgiving. In fact, that was the moment I quit caring about you or your products. Now that you have successfully alienated every customer who has ever purchased a product from you and every developer who has developed for you, now you can get what you want.
    Developers, yes. Customers, I doubt it. Many who left BB for platforms with apps (that one glaring weakness in the platform you pretend doesn't exist) have been enticed back by the Priv. They've even commented on the forums, but it gets drowned out with all the "burn Chen at the stake! BB10 would CRUSH Apple if they released a new full-touch!" nonsense that gets posted dozens of times per day.

The first full earnings quarter with the Priv will tell us everything we need to know. If device sales have gone UP for that quarter then the Priv is doing what it was intended to do.

Even one of your biggest fans here is having a hard time forgiving you. No wonder Crackberry Kevin dropped the Crackberry from his name.
    Kevin embraced reality and moved on. How long ago was that? Months? A year? Amazingly, most on here still won't accept the fact that BB10 was unable to be saved and had no future.

Thank you and f##� you. You really do deserve it this time. May BlackBerry 10's fate be your future.
    The emotional investment folks have in cell phones is pretty scary.
    11-30-15 10:42 AM
    That's every single publicly traded company in existence. News flash.

BB10 was dead in 2013. The reason there won't be any more BB10 phones is because all the millionares with access to sales and market data know it's dead. Angry forum posters are not a sustainable market.

The decent thing for you or for the company? The company exists to make money, in case you've forgotten. Which rabbit do you chase? The rabbit that <1% of the people in the world care about, or the rabbit being used by >50%. As I mentioned earlier, no publicly traded company exists to make customers happy. The ipod Classic sold better than BB10. It made more profit than BB10 (of course, the loose change in my wallet is more net profit than what 3 years of BB10 phones has brought, but I digress), and it got discontinued even with 9-figure quarterly sales revenue. A product still bringing in billions in profits annually got axed because those billions weren't considered enough. Yeah, good feels is nobody's M.O.

The Playbook itself should have never existed. Remember the billions of dollars RIM lost because of that piece of junk? I was stupid enough to buy one, but that didn't make them lose me as a customer. I just would never ever buy another BB tablet if such a thing existed.

Awesome, then BB would have 850,000 sales per quarter instead of 800,000.

BB10 scared away the customers, not the PKB.

Excellent. 850,001 sales instead of 850,000.

Yet there are plenty of Legacy users (myself included) who would NOT have bought a Z50.

They aren't even close to their competitors. I challenge you, as I have challenged others, to go to imore and Android Central and start a thread simply asking, "Why did you choose Android/IOS and not BB10?" Ask the people who didn't buy why they didn't buy. Stop posting wild unfounded speculations.

Developers, yes. Customers, I doubt it. Many who left BB for platforms with apps (that one glaring weakness in the platform you pretend doesn't exist) have been enticed back by the Priv. They've even commented on the forums, but it gets drowned out with all the "burn Chen at the stake! BB10 would CRUSH Apple if they released a new full-touch!" nonsense that gets posted dozens of times per day.

The first full earnings quarter with the Priv will tell us everything we need to know. If device sales have gone UP for that quarter then the Priv is doing what it was intended to do.

Kevin embraced reality and moved on. How long ago was that? Months? A year? Amazingly, most on here still won't accept the fact that BB10 was unable to be saved and had no future.

The emotional investment folks have in cell phones is pretty scary.
    All I'm saying is that certain decisions by management have made BlackBerry 10's situation a lot worse than it could have been. I understand that they want to make money who doesn't want to make money? However, when you take all the dumb behavior of heavily investing in ideas but then not properly following through with it astounding.

Everyone knew BlackBerry 10 didn't have a strong start, but the community fully expected support and growth of the platform. We got neither and that is counterintuitive to them actually ever making a profit.

If they wanted to expand into android, I really have no issue with that idea at all. However, all that money used to develop BlackBerry 10 and the little amount of work that it would actually take to maintain a few apps pales in comparison to the initial cost. Their Android products could even spark interest in their proprietary software for the ultimate security solution.

So, is this CEO's intentions any different than any other? Will this plan actually work? These questions remain unanswered and time will tell the true answer.

Will this plan be followed through with support when the whole thing is just another gamble? History says no. The future is dependent on a device that is very expensive in a over saturated market. Much more saturated than it would have been in 2013. Does the BlackBerry name have enough power to drive sales in android despite these realities in mobile? I don't think so..

We shall see.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 01:39 PM

You didn't get my point....at all!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 05:24 PM
    I understand all your points, but I can't agree that BB10 is in "maintenance mode." Every week our phones lose some functionality. In particular, Link has gone from bad to worse. I won't reiterate the numerous issues with it or the complaints about other features, programs, and apps that formerly worked but no longer... (Complaint, solution.)
    What is wrong with Link? I don't have any issues with it. Give me some examples of things that used to work but don't work any more. I am not finding that to be a problem for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 09:45 PM
    What is wrong with Link? I don't have any issues with it. Give me some examples of things that used to work but don't work any more. I am not finding that to be a problem for me.

Posted via CB10
    JJ I could launch into your question big time, but I'll leave this thread to answer your question instead:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=996361

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 12:47 AM
    BB10 is dead, but buy the Priv, Android is a good OS.
    At least now it is right? because 6 months ago Android was the devil. Funny how easily people can be bought.
    12-01-15 01:06 AM
    Hard to see why you don't switch to an OS that gives you a better experience. As for me, BB10 gives me the best experience available in the marketplace for the functionality I use daily.

Posted via CB10
    For many having apps (that need no workarounds to function) is a better experience. If something is the best experience for you, doesn't mean mean it is for everybody. People have different needs.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-01-15 03:48 PM
    I have no confidence in this g@dd@mn operating system. How many more time do I have to say it? Apps do not get updated. And the ones that do (Android) quit working cause it needs G-Play. The native Map will literally get you lost. The roads are not getting updated. I'm waiting for my Nexus. Then I will shut down my VRZN Z30. Then when my contract is over I will smash this g@dd@mn Z30 with a sledge hammer.

When this BB10 is finally declared dead I will celebrate and buy all of my friends 2 rounds of drinks. It will be a party like never before. I despise this g@dd@mn OS. I will never fail to spread the word around about it . It needs to die.
    You done said it all now child. Yas, speak on it sister.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 09:14 PM
    Good day to everybody,

I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy S6, it will be the same device my dad and my brother had bought many months ago. At first I wasn't sure, but I made up my mind after seeing how people actually communicate by social network platforms. Unfortunately BB10 doesn't properly support the most common of them, particularly facebook and its messenger. I myself had to rely, on this Z30 device, on a compatible Android fb messenger. Today I have still lags in receiving messages, battery drains, sometimes the device gets blocked. I also disliked the producer's commercial policy. They decided to develop a new Android smartphone, but they had it fitted with an older processor, comparable to an already outdated LG device. This I learned after reviewing on the web the most common available Android smartphones. I was greatly disappointed for this news. BlackBerry 10 should have been properly developed to stand up to the other OS, but the producer decided to quit. Throughout Last year, they had news about the new Android device leaked out, in a cunning way, subtending a huge commercial manoeuvre. Such a procedure was purposely enacted to persuade high-fidelity customers to buy the new device. Its high cost (800 euros) was the final blow. Sadly, apart from social networking, BB10 was a reliable system. Its a pity to let it die. I still believe the smartphone I'm getting it's a big toy, but if you wish to communicate, you must play!!!

Posted via CB10
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    12-02-15 04:37 AM
    I guess we'll find out with Reddit's AMA tomorrow.
    12-02-15 07:37 PM
    I guess we'll find out with Reddit's AMA tomorrow.
    Yeah, I don't think so. They'll have some prepared stock answers ready to go but like always they will not actually say anything useful or that we already did not know. Keep in mind that the Priv is now BlackBerry's love child.
    12-02-15 11:16 PM
    I'm curious why BlackBerry is still selling OS10 phones when they're dropping development of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 05:33 PM
    I'm curious why BlackBerry is still selling OS10 phones when they're dropping development of the OS.
    Because they've already built and paid for those phones. There are probably a million BB10 phones in inventory or in sales channels right now (across many models), and believe me, BB and, more importantly, BB's investors/stockholders, wants to sell as many of those as possible before EOL is officially announced. Why wouldn't they?
    kbz1960 and Killjoyhere like this.
    12-03-15 07:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow just utterly gob smacked.
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    12-03-15 08:11 PM
    JJ I could launch into your question big time, but I'll leave this thread to answer your question instead:
    Blackberry link.. buggy OS or built by idiots? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Posted via CB10
    And here are a few more, starting with a concise summary by our Editor-in-Chief.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-long-1052190/

But if you'd like all the nauseating details, here's a whole forum's worth:
    BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Velocitymj likes this.
    12-03-15 11:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because they have them in inventory, they will need to support the OS for existing customers anyway, and there are still enterprise customers and individual consumers who are committed to using the OS for the time being. I plan to buy at least two more devices in the next 12 months for my business.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 08:25 AM
    . Why wouldn't they?
    Because BlackBerry isn't providing a public provision with the phones stating that the phone OS is discontinued, I assumed that there could be legal issues regarding non disclosure.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 09:37 PM
    Because BlackBerry isn't providing a public provision with the phones stating that the phone OS is discontinued, I assumed that there could be legal issues regarding non disclosure.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Some people are upset because BlackBerry may not sell new OS10 phones or add new features, but there is no plan to stop supporting BB10 as it currently exists.

If Ford stops making Mustangs, there would be no legal issues for people who already bought Mustangs or for purchasers of existing inventories, so long as they continued to support existing cars. Just because a company sells software and/or hardware, they are not obligated to support it forever, just for the period explicitly stated.

Blackberry has good business reasons to support BB10 well beyond their legal obligations, so I wouldn't anticipate any legal issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 09:24 AM
    They aren't legally requires to support or keep around BB10 as far as consumers go. In fact, it's unlikely that even corporate contracts require this - such a condition would be unusual at best, but, yes, possible. A normal expectation would be to provide at least minimal support for 18 months from the release of the last phone model (running BB10), which lines up quite well with my estimate of 10.3.4 being released in late 2016 - around 18 months after the Leap.

There is plenty of precedent in the tech world for abandoning failed or money-losing products, even ones that are actively being sold. Hell, look at what HP did with WebOS - they killed the entire project overnight and even the leader of the project wasn't told.
    12-06-15 10:31 AM
    which lines up quite well with my estimate of 10.3.4 being released in late 2016 - around 18 months after the Leap.
    My understanding from what BlackBerry has said, is that OS10 is now in maintenance mode and there will be only 2 more small updates (one of which has been leaked recently) in the form of security patches.
    An OS10.3.4 appears unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 01:41 PM
185 ... 45678