So why don't you recruit porche design owners to fund it. They seem to have a lot of disposable money.
    11-17-15 05:22 PM
    I'm not sure if you thought about whether or not I care if anyone uses a BB device running Android. I don't want to use it. I don't care who does use it.

I don't care what they do to survive if they sc*ew over their customers in the process. I don't care if all the kings and popes start declaring BlackBerry devices are a gift to mankind and everyone starts using them. They run their business in a customer-hostile manner. I don't want to be their customer in the future.
    I'm beginning to feel this way too. BB's failure to maintain BB10 is a slap in the face to their long-time customers. Why should I want a overpriced BB phone with Android software? I'd rather have a phone made by Samsung or somebody with a robust BB10. As it is, they'll probably have to pry my Z10 out of my cold dead hands before I pony up the money for an equally overpriced iPhone.
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    11-17-15 07:45 PM
    For those that bought it before the API vhange, but I sure gonna be rooting for that big announcement.

Reading isn't really the problem here though.
    It's back: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/52509887

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 10:04 PM
    Back? It was never gone...

Do you mean fixed? Do you mean all people that bought it can finally log in?

Well, great news that! I'd love to head some of your costumers confirm!
    11-19-15 09:56 AM
    Also, if some of you know only how to program in HTML CSS JavaScript, you can program natively for BB10 using Cordova.

Posted via CB10
    Qt?
    11-19-15 10:46 AM
    Qt?
    No, just develop an html/css/javascript app and cordova takes care of converting that to native stuff.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    11-19-15 11:01 AM
    No, just develop an html/css/javascript app and cordova takes care of converting that to native stuff.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    I guess my implied question was which language you reckon to be better for development on bb10? Would be possible to develop in the same time using a cross platform language /tool such as qt? Thank you.
    11-19-15 11:05 AM
    I guess my implied question was which language you reckon to be better for development on bb10? Would be possible to develop in the same time using a cross platform language /tool such as qt? Thank you.
    It is definitely possible with Qt and with C++ in Momentics IDE - that's all I know about bb10 development.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 12:25 PM
    Well, I'm not such a fan of BlackBerry the company as such when they sell out to Google I will follow along. So yeah BB10 is great and it is the only alternative to Google/Apple/Microsoft.

Maybe when BlackBerry kills 10 I will go back to a dumb flip phone. Not going to Android, no way. So bye bye BlackBerry.

My last message to BlackBerry before smashing my trusty old Z10 will be: "Why couldn't you have just fixed the contacts debacle?"

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj and AluminiumRims like this.
    11-19-15 06:45 PM
    I'm sorry but you will soon see how small our App market is, no- one wants to buy Apps on a deadish platform, not when the parent company openly advertises an alternative App store ( Amazon and the Priv really hurt a lot of devs, myself included).

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    It's true and I feel for you guys. Though I'm still buying apps. And I definitely appreciate the work that's gone into them.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 12:06 AM
    For the OP, i guess turning the entire bb community into BB dev could possibly save BB?
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    11-20-15 01:51 AM
    For the OP, i guess turning the entire bb community into BB dev could possibly save BB?
    And jobs at (insert popular app developer here)?
    11-20-15 01:56 AM
    Back? It was never gone...

Do you mean fixed? Do you mean all people that bought it can finally log in?

Well, great news that! I'd love to head some of your costumers confirm!
    Yes it's back as 100% features working. Chat history was the only thing not there for the previous version. I've always been updating it so my users can login, send and receive chats. It was never not able to do that for confirmations? See reviews thanks

Hanks

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    11-20-15 06:49 AM

My last message to BlackBerry before smashing my trusty old Z10 will be: "Why couldn't you have just fixed the contacts debacle?"

Posted via CB10
    You forgot to include the calendar having a retention of 30 days only.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 02:29 AM
    This article, while making the case for BlackBerry to move to Android also states that BlackBerry can't completely move to the Android platform due to existing contracts.
    http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/bl...a-analyst-says

I can't imagine a phone contract, no matter how big, lasting more than two years before it comes up for renewal.
    I can see development of apps for the phones that could be side loaded, but how will you improve the actual OS?
    There are a number of serious flaws with the OS that still need to be addressed.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 02:54 AM
    Why i am forced to say always the same things? BB10 to be alive need to be sustainable.

Everyone here believe BB10 is alive if we say everyday is dead? Or maybe can be sustainable if developers continue to developing apps and the users are buying apps?
    If you want really save BB10, this is the only thing that you can do.
    11-28-15 03:26 AM
    Why i am forced to say always the same things? BB10 to be alive need to be sustainable.

Everyone here believe BB10 is alive if we say everyday is dead? Or maybe can be sustainable if developers continue to developing apps and the users are buying apps?
    If you want really save BB10, this is the only thing that you can do.
    Yes Marco, I agree with you, but people at this stage I think would love to listen to from the company "don't worry, BB10 is not dying". I think it is not a difficult thing to do, just willing. Chen should be capable to do a small step towards millions of customers. Then, no problem to work also on Android, although I hate it and never buy the Priv, but he should speak more clearly. I am pretty sure he is aware of the mood of customers, than what's better than assure the people that the system is going to live longer and longer?

N'abbraccio mbaruzzu!!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 04:49 AM
    I am pretty sure he is aware of the mood of customers, than what's better than assure the people that the system is going to live longer and longer?

Posted via CB10
    His silence speaks a thousand words.

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-28-15 05:04 AM
    So why don't you recruit porche design owners to fund it. They seem to have a lot of disposable money.
    Not enough of them

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-28-15 07:25 AM
    Crack Berry, the forum where everyone knows better than Chen even if they don't know a thing about the business' financial restrictions, sales numbers or anything else.

Posted via CB10
    Well yeah!

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    11-28-15 07:47 AM
    Yes Marco, I agree with you, but people at this stage I think would love to listen to from the company "don't worry, BB10 is not dying".
    Posted via CB10
    Please see here
    https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/s...81707526508545

There is already the confirmation that BB10 is still supported. But everyone here for think that BB10 is alive, want the same support of Android. This is simple impossible. Because we are a little, little, little market share. We are like the GNU/Linux users on the desktop. If you want be a part of this �lite, Welcome. But if you want everything, BB10 isn't for you.
    11-28-15 05:25 PM
    Please see here
    https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/s...81707526508545

There is already the confirmation that BB10 is still supported. But everyone here for think that BB10 is alive, want the same support of Android. This is simple impossible. Because we are a little, little, little market share. We are like the GNU/Linux users on the desktop. If you want be a part of this �lite, Welcome. But if you want everything, BB10 isn't for you.
    Marco,it is not with a tweet that I communicate to the world, unless I am a politician or a star...I am sorry, it does not work like this. Then it would be much more useful and realistic release a interview to Crackberry or something similar, yes....advertising Android Priv, but also highlighting the OS 10 continuing life. As per "being part of an elite"....sorry man, I bought 2 PlayBook, and 4 BlackBerry smartphone, and some convinced few people to use BlackBerry. This means that I contributed on my own to support BB....and I am expecting respect, and clear communication.

I look forward to keep on using BlackBerry, but I want to have clear communication and transparent.

Posted via CB10
    gmsm likes this.
    11-29-15 06:31 AM
    I think that all the community should work harder and more to make app and populate the world of native app. Let join together and we'll make more essential app! Before too late!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 08:08 AM
    In all honesty, it probably wouldn�t do much good at all for a bunch of novice, BB10 want-to-be app developers to start coding their first apps, which of course would actually turn out to be crAPPs.

That sort of community-driven app store simply doesn�t work very well, and it certainly won�t work for the BB10 crowd (which nowadays should be migrating to Apple anyways, IMHO). Why�s that? These guys complain about sideloading software and whine about having to do Cobalt�s workarounds--you really expect them to use app repositories like they�re on an N900 running Maemo?? That user experience just won�t cut it.

Nope, BlackBerry people want the best products, but sadly BlackBerry is not in a position to deliver the best smartphone experience. None of the small fish OSes are. This core lack of competitiveness is why efforts like Jolla/Sailfish and BB10 and many smaller others are failing. And as they collapse, someone always suggests to start community software support or to start making an Android phone, or both.

Simply put, community efforts won�t deliver the banking apps and other high-end options that people look for here.
    Velocitymj and kbz1960 like this.
    11-29-15 10:13 AM
    I have no confidence in this g@dd@mn operating system. How many more time do I have to say it? Apps do not get updated. And the ones that do (Android) quit working cause it needs G-Play. The native Map will literally get you lost. The roads are not getting updated. I'm waiting for my Nexus. Then I will shut down my VRZN Z30. Then when my contract is over I will smash this g@dd@mn Z30 with a sledge hammer.

When this BB10 is finally declared dead I will celebrate and buy all of my friends 2 rounds of drinks. It will be a party like never before. I despise this g@dd@mn OS. I will never fail to spread the word around about it . It needs to die.
    Hard to see why you don't switch to an OS that gives you a better experience. As for me, BB10 gives me the best experience available in the marketplace for the functionality I use daily.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-29-15 02:45 PM
185 ... 34567 ...