Hello CrackBerry Community,
    Finally i have found the time to write this thread and i just hope the community is going to understand what i want to say and act all together. I'm not a superhero and alone i can't do anything.
    Before we start, please let me introduce myself. Maybe you think i'm a crazy dreamer that live in a world that is not sustainable.

I have use all operating system from iOS to MeeGo.
    I collaborated with Nokia with the launch of MeeGo and Nokia N9 before the traitor "Elop" kill everything. And i have also collaborated with HP and contributed to the webOS world. I have signed a NDA with them in the past.
    This for saying i'm not the first ***** that come here and saying i have the solution for everything.

Why we can still save BlackBerry 10? BlackBerry hasn't already decided to kill?
    No.
    BlackBerry 10 is in maintenance mode. But isn't dead.

How i can say that? Probably you are going to ask. I have talked with the "Big" of BlackBerry and i can't say who they are. But believe me please.

Unlike Nokia or HP and their board of idiots. BlackBerry don't want kill BlackBerry 10. They are simple to working a solution to make the handset business sustainable.
    If you are a BlackBerry 10 user you know the lack of applications has penalized our favorite OS.

When John Chen introduce to the world the first BlackBerry smartphone with Android, everyone here has think he doesn't know how to using is BlackBerry Priv, because he swipe like BB10.
    But everyone here has asking why he do that? Maybe because BlackBerry 10 is more intuitive? More user friendly? No. Simple you and the "web" has already decided to condemn him.
    You here because you think he is the responsible for the BlackBerry 10 death.

You really think John is the responsible? How you can forgot how the old management lost all the opportunity of BlackBerry? Producing smartphone with an OS that living in the history? The Playbook FAIL? BBM limited only to BlackBerry system?
    Or you think Heins is better than him because has a vision. Yes maybe he has a vision, but he has completely burned an incredible quantity of money. And what is worse? That has burned in a bad way.

But back on the "Heins Era". The era of happiness or for be realistic the era of false happiness. But things went well. The developers come here, BlackBerry working to solve the gap of years with competitors and about that please a big APPLAUSE to all BlackBerry 10 Team. They has do an incredible work, they has recovered the gap in functionality in an incredible fast way before Microsoft with Windows Phone.
    Still today Microsoft has a gap with competitor that they has going to solved with another reboot called "Windows 10 Mobile".

So everything went well. But what's happened? The storm coming here.
    BlackBerry Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2014 Results | CrackBerry.com

Yes the things is went well for us but not for earnings.
    How is possible? How everyone has completely ignored this? Is really simple.

The key is the CONFIDENCE. Developers come here because have confidence BlackBerry 10 can improve their market share and see an incredible opportunity. Users has confidence because see new apps in the BlackBerry World and see how BlackBerry is committed to BB10.
    Is a circle and is circle under the Heins era is working.

What is happened under John Chen? John has been forced to do some cuts for make BlackBerry sustainable and some of this cuts is stop to paying the developers for porting their apps. Yes correctly. All the apps that you has seen in BlackBerry World has come here because under "Heins Era" BlackBerry paying the developers for porting their apps. Native, webworks or what you want.
    All the italian apps like RAI, Coming Soon etc. After the "Heins Era" hasn't received anymore update.

Is a sustainable model? No. Also Nokia has did this under the Windows Phone era. I remember when Viber come to Windows Phone 7. Everyone is happy. But after one year everyone is angry. Why? Viber has updated the app only one time in a year. So full of bugs the users become angry.
    Nokia did this has only lose the money, because Viber hasn't never updated the app for improve. They has only ported to Windows Phone.
    And this is the same with the "Heins Era".

So it's true the things went well under Heins, but went well in a bad way. Because you can't spend money in this way.
    Now back at today. You think BlackBerry has failed because haven't advertising BlackBerry 10. Or more simple what here we call the marketing.

How John can do the marketing? On the consumers side? Yes the advertising for example for the BlackBerry Z30 and when the customer buy this devices and see the lack of the applications he simple is sending back.
    You can't do advertising in the consumers side for this motivation. BlackBerry doing the advertising for BlackBerry 10 but only for professional reality or where you need a secure OS like BB10.

The truth is BlackBerry has come later to the party and this isn't a fault of John. This is a fault of Lazaridis and Balsillie that has completely lost the reality. Because the success of the past years.
    If you don't remember what they has said to iPhone please search on Google.

I'm a fanboy of John Chen? No. John has probably made some mistake but i can't blame him for the errors of the past management.

BlackBerry 10 is true is the best Operating System but it's too late for joining in the challenge of the consumers side. So forget BlackBerry can compete with iPhone or Samsung in the consumers side.

Now back at us what we can doing for make Blackberry 10 still alive?

First don't forget, BlackBerry 10 is the only OS that is secured for the government. Except for a miracle, the BlackBerry Priv can't be secure like BB10.
    So government and the reality where is needed a secure OS has no choice than BB10.

Not every users has needed to have the same quantity of apps like App Store or Play Store. Not every users want to join to Android or iOS and want a different operating system. Not every users lose the time to playing the game, but need a robust and productive OS.
    For this reality that is an "�lite" here come BlackBerry 10.

The challenge is make sustainable BlackBerry 10 for this �lite. BlackBerry has not yet managed to get the most out of this elite.

What is our part in this strategy?

First.
    Restart the cycle.

Opening everyday a thread about BlackBerry 10 is dead is not going to restoring the confidence. You can't blame NemOry for example if you everyday say BlackBerry 10 is dead.
    Instead of complain, just saying to developers that you are here to support they and they can still expect from the BlackBerry 10 community all the support necessary.

Second.
    Complain but propose a solution.

If everyday i complain and i never propose a solution how i can help to improve the situation?
    You need to know BlackBerry Team reading everyday CrackBerry, and if you proposed solution that can help they study and maybe apply.
    Example, i have proposed some solution for improve the support for the users.

Third.
    Commitment.

You love like me BlackBerry 10? Well for make still alive, we need to advertising to reality that BlackBerry 10 can be a choice.
    Improve the support for the users. Example, i'm study a website where the italian users can found all the resources about BB10.
    The developers need to continue to build applications, i'm going to working again to developing apps for BB10 and i have already some good ideas.
    The users need to join in the reality where they can contribute to improve the community.

For make BlackBerry 10 alive, we need to have a strong community. What you can say if still today there are developers still committed to webOS?
    A strong community can make an incredible difference. For example some Android Users buy smartphone with a strong support in the community.

Fourth
    The confidence is back again.

When the community become strong, when the developers got the support they expect, when the users see a strong support and a community that grows everyday, we are in.
    Jolla for example has never had the intention to compete with Samsung or Apple, but they are alive, they are a little reality that is alive.
    Because their community is strong.

When BlackBerry see the community grows, the apps on BBWorld grows, they can finally restart the development of BB10.
    When i'm an �lite user that want to try BlackBerry 10 and buy a device with this OS, do you think i'm going to buy now? When everyone here say BlackBerry 10 is dead? No.
    But when the confidence is back again, when everything is going good, i'm sure going to buy a device with BlackBerry 10. Because i see the thing is going well.

Fifth
    Accept the BlackBerry Priv

Yes, from a BlackBerry 10 lover is really hard. But BlackBerry need to do for make the handset business profitable.
    We are only an �lite, the rest of the world want an OS with all the applications, maybe they are not going to using and they use only 3 or 4 apps, but they want.
    How BlackBerry 10 can be alive if the BlackBerry Priv is a successful project? Because BlackBerry 10 can't be replaced for some reality. And when the �lite come again here and BlackBerry 10 increase his market share, he can be alive and walking on its legs.

I know some of you consider this is a madness, but we can do the difference, we can do something still today. All depends from us now. Yes BlackBerry also need to do their parts, when we have been restarted the cycle here the other things come from BlackBerry. Believe me, i'm sure they are doing, because no one in BlackBerry in reality think Android is better than our favorite OS.

I'm going to do my parts, developing apps, helping the italian community, help here etc. Imagine if everyone here doing their parts, imagine NemOry and other developers continue their projects and other developers come here.
    Yes, don't expect to compete with iOS or Android, remember always this. But this little community can be alive and accommodate other users.

Is time to made a decision our friends. We can complain everyday and nothing changed, or we can take the situation in the hands and change.
    If you love BlackBerry 10 like me, doing your part. Propose your idea, ask developers to continue to build apps, because you are here and you are not going away.
    Is our last chance. I don't want live in a world without BlackBerry 10 and where the only choice are iOS or Android.

I hope you understand and i'm sorry for my bad english. But i hope you see in this thread how i love BB10 and how i believe in the power of community and in YOU.

Thank you in advance

Marco
    11-02-15 08:00 AM
    Sounds good! I am looking at getting back on to a BB10, ideally passport ..
    jope28 and sirius27 like this.
    11-02-15 08:18 AM
    It's dead Jim.
    11-02-15 08:20 AM
    BB10 is dead, but buy the Priv, Android is a good OS.
    11-02-15 09:07 AM
    Before talk with BlackBerry, me too thinked BlackBerry 10 is dead. But i have thinked wrong.
    BlackBerry 10 is in maintenance mode how i already said. No one in BlackBerry want kill him and they know how is powerful than Android.

Migrate to Android is like to migrate from a Ferrari

Attachment 373268

To a Fiat Panda

Attachment 373269

In all this time Google has tried to fix all the issues of Android with some talents from the webOS World. Isn't a coincidence Android is becoming usable with the release 4.x thanks to Matias Duarte. But some of the issues of Android isn't fixable. First is the performance issue. You are going to see this also on the BlackBerry Priv.

So i'm not going to migrate to Android. If there is also a little hope, i'm here to stay and fight with the community to make BlackBerry 10 alive.
    Android has stopped the evolution for the mobile world like Windows do in the desktop world. Instead of Android if we have still MeeGo and webOS, imagine how we can benefit and how is more better the mobile market.
    So, thanks, but NO. I'm here to stay with BB10.
    11-02-15 09:28 AM
    I understand all your points, but I can't agree that BB10 is in "maintenance mode." Every week our phones lose some functionality. In particular, Link has gone from bad to worse. I won't reiterate the numerous issues with it or the complaints about other features, programs, and apps that formerly worked but no longer. If BB wants to climb out of the hole they've dug, they need to restore the features that brought long-time users to BB in the first place. So my first suggestion is to scour OS7 for the things that worked and return them to us, starting with Desktop Manager. (Complaint, solution.)
    11-02-15 08:20 PM
    Thanks for the effort. I admire your devotion and fervor.
    11-02-15 08:37 PM
    I have no confidence in this g@dd@mn operating system. How many more time do I have to say it? Apps do not get updated. And the ones that do (Android) quit working cause it needs G-Play. The native Map will literally get you lost. The roads are not getting updated. I'm waiting for my Nexus. Then I will shut down my VRZN Z30. Then when my contract is over I will smash this g@dd@mn Z30 with a sledge hammer.

When this BB10 is finally declared dead I will celebrate and buy all of my friends 2 rounds of drinks. It will be a party like never before. I despise this g@dd@mn OS. I will never fail to spread the word around about it . It needs to die.
    11-02-15 10:09 PM
    I understand all your points, but I can't agree that BB10 is in "maintenance mode." Every week our phones lose some functionality. In particular, Link has gone from bad to worse. I won't reiterate the numerous issues with it or the complaints about other features, programs, and apps that formerly worked but no longer. If BB wants to climb out of the hole they've dug, they need to restore the features that brought long-time users to BB in the first place. So my first suggestion is to scour OS7 for the things that worked and return them to us, starting with Desktop Manager. (Complaint, solution.)
    BOOM!

I dare someone to disagree with this and not be a liar! Go ahead I dare you!
    11-02-15 10:11 PM
    You assume of course that this community want's to save BB10. A quick survey of the site would show you that they don't.
    11-02-15 10:22 PM
    I think this forum is starting to die along. So sad. I also enjoyed (and invested) in both MeaGo and WebOS - both great OS and far far ahead of their times. BB10 is no exception. Only if people understood it...

Posted via CB10
    barryb20 likes this.
    11-02-15 10:43 PM
    Yes, there may be a contingent of BlackBerry 10 believers within BlackBerry, but actions speak louder than words. It has been suggested a few times, not by me originally, but I'm a serious advocate for BlackBerry to think outside the box and consider alternative funding approaches for keeping BlackBerry 10 alive. Yes, that includes crowdfunding, or paying more for devices running BB10 than the identical device running Android, because there are additional costs to BlackBerry to get BlackBerry 10 running on Android... but they have to work WITH the BlackBerry 10 community, not AGAINST it.

The C|Net article includes a profile of how Android by BlackBerry came to be, and in I'm sure what will be recanted soon, it was explained that as soon as their current device rep, Ron Louks, came onboard he started lobbying to switch to Android, and the totally in-retrospect and-they-called-us-paranoid must-have-been-intentional-sabotage way that BlackBerry 10 OS and devices were marketed also speaks volumes about what their intentions were and are, despite what a few BB10 advocates within BB may say off the record.

Every action they have taken w.r.t. BB10 speaks far louder than the words i.e. "we're committed to BlackBerry 10", while they pull at every thread along the spine of the material that causes the whole thing to unravel. Those are the words of a "we'll say anything to keep moving product out the door but we won't back up our vague promises of commitment with ACTUAL promises of commitment.

Here's the deal:

The people who bought BlackBerry 10 devices ARE the ones that BlackBerry owes loyalty to, NOT the other way around. BlackBerry is investing all their energy in staying alive, but not sparing a penny to try to 'do right' by BB10 users. What this means is BlackBerry 10 cares about their NEXT customer, not their CURRENT customer, because they're doing SO LITTLE, SO PATHETICALLY LITTLE to support BB10 that it can only be characterized as saying whatever they need to say to move idle inventory, not one iota more.

They simply can't be trusted. If they want to regain our trust, let them get started immediately, and porting BB10 to the Slider would be an excellent place to start.

Or, they can just write BB10 fans off as "lunatic fanbois". But what is TRUE lunacy would be to put my trust in BlackBerry management. AGAIN.
    11-02-15 10:49 PM
    Good job OP. I am with you!
    That's why I bought my precious SE!

Nothing like my SE.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-02-15 10:52 PM
    Sounds good! I am looking at getting back on to a BB10, ideally passport ..
    Me too.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    nabollocks and Sparksx like this.
    11-02-15 11:05 PM
    I strongly prefer BlackBerry10 and I dread the day that I will have to decide to use another os so until then I will enjoy the ride!

I do appreciate your willingness to help keep BlackBerry10 alive!

Posted via CB10
    jope28, miker476 and acovey like this.
    11-02-15 11:10 PM
    BB10 is dead, but buy the Priv, Android is a good OS.
    Why would I want to be a BlackBerry Google bot?
    A lot of BlackBerry users (majority) are touch screen only. At this point the question is no longer about BlackBerry it's about whether you want to be Android or iOS.
    For most cell phone users, security doesn't factor in.
    I'm on a Q10 and no way am I going to use a Droid and make myself available for data mining.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 11-04-15 at 02:05 AM. Reason: typo
    ciaoenrico likes this.
    11-03-15 12:46 AM
    I understand all your complaints guys. I know BlackBerry and also John has made some mistake, like saying the cost of drivers etc.
    But don't forget what John has said. He is not emotional about the affair and he is right. He is here for save BlackBerry and if this required to kill BB10, he need to do.

So i'm saying John is going to kill BB10 for save BlackBerry? A major part of this community think this. But is wrong. BlackBerry 10 is the only OS for security reality and Android can't be never like BB10. Also we are still using the services that come with BB10. If developers come here and we buy apps, we are financing BlackBerry 10.
    So John can't kill BB10 because he still needed. He can't propose Android to reality where required high security.

But if we continue in this way, everyday complains about the death of BB10 and developers instead of come, go away, we are not going to help BB10.

Yes @Chaplain_Clancy this community want save BB10 because there is no motivation for complains everyday if they don't care.
    But this community has lost the confidence and i'm here for that. I want to restore the confidence and restart the cycle.

Like everyone here i have a life, a work etc. Do you think i lost almost two hours for write this post if i don't the evidence that Blackberry doesn't want kill BB10?
    I have open this thread because i have. I have talked with they.
    So i'm forced to repeat some step of my first post.
    We can complain and don't change nothing or we can act and we can do something.
    In my life i think act is better than complain.

But i'm not going to forced anyone to believe me or join in this battle. You are free to do what you want, you are free to laugh to me, you are free to don't believe me etc.
    But think. If you love BB10 like me, if you really want that he is alive is better than complain or do something?

If your life is in a bad situation what you can do? You complain or act to change?
    This is the same.

If you believe, if you love BB10, if you believe in choice because i don't want to live the same situation in the desktop side, come here and join in this battle.

The Jolla community is more little than this and i never seen they complain. They act, they joined the forces to do something to make better the situation. Increase the support, writing native apps etc.

Don't complain about BlackBerry, first do something for change this situation. Because you can't really complain if you are the first who don't believe in BlackBerry 10.

Thanks again
    11-03-15 02:45 AM
    Here's the deal:

The people who bought BlackBerry 10 devices ARE the ones that BlackBerry owes loyalty to, NOT the other way around. BlackBerry is investing all their energy in staying alive, but not sparing a penny to try to 'do right' by BB10 users. What this means is BlackBerry 10 cares about their NEXT customer, not their CURRENT customer, because they're doing SO LITTLE, SO PATHETICALLY LITTLE to support BB10 that it can only be characterized as saying whatever they need to say to move idle inventory, not one iota more.

They simply can't be trusted. If they want to regain our trust, let them get started immediately, and porting BB10 to the Slider would be an excellent place to start.

Or, they can just write BB10 fans off as "lunatic fanbois". But what is TRUE lunacy would be to put my trust in BlackBerry management. AGAIN.
    The problem with BB and its loyal customers is that there are so few of them and that number continue shrinking. That is a FACT, evidenced by the quarterly reports. If the number of loyal fans were enough for BB10 to be profitable, BB wouldn't have been forced to try Android.

While BB10 was a technical achievement, it was an utter failure by any financial standard.
    11-03-15 02:57 AM
    You assume of course that this community want's to save BB10. A quick survey of the site would show you that they don't.
    You raise an interesting point - if priv is successful - this forum might quickly have more android users than bb10 users on it.
    11-03-15 03:06 AM
    I'm sorry but you will soon see how small our App market is, no- one wants to buy Apps on a deadish platform, not when the parent company openly advertises an alternative App store ( Amazon and the Priv really hurt a lot of devs, myself included).

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    redcubicle likes this.
    11-03-15 03:33 AM
    Sorry my post go in moderation, now is approved. I have already answer everyone here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12038718
    11-03-15 03:56 AM
    Grazie Marco

I'll be buying a BlackBerry Priv, do my part in selling BlackBerry. I think John is hoping to see positive cash flow. This would allow him to show investors BlackBerry can still do it. With that he can start pulling more people on BlackBerry 10. The Priv in a way can be considered a marketing tool to reinstate confidence in BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    JNorth22 likes this.
    11-03-15 06:40 AM
    OP I think your reasoning is flawed and Chen could state these intentions publicly if they were true.

Chen has made statements to the effect of "If I can make the customers who demand BB10 for its superior security satisfied with Android, then BB10 will be completely EOL."

He said BlackBerry would "merge BB10 with Android". Whatever that means, but it doesn't mean BB10 will continue to be supported.

I'm a very hopeful person, usually... I continually challenge statements that are conjecture, even if they make sense: I demand it from the horse's mouth. But hope in the face of clear statements AND actions by BlackBerry management is not just futile, it's kind of self-destructive.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 11-03-15 at 08:24 AM.
    11-03-15 06:57 AM
    OP I think your reasoning is flawed and Chen could state these intentions publicly if they were true.

Chen has made statements to the effect of "If I can make the customers who demand BB10 for its superior security satisfied with Android, then BB10 will be completely EOL."

But hope in the face of clear statements AND actions by BlackBerry management is not just futile, it's kind of self-destructive.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_10
    5th paragraph or 11th sentence from the top of the page says it all.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 11-03-15 at 05:40 PM.
    11-03-15 10:40 AM
    Hey there, I think blackberry and it's user are moving in a circle and no one knows how to break out - with doing this droiddevice thing, BlackBerry is trying to get marketshare, but don't cares bout that action looks to the users in the way if they can/should trust in BlackBerry or not - with actions like that, BlackBerry is confusing everyone who was holding on to them! Essentially a safe direction for the future is needed on the userside!! If the guys at BlackBerry aren't able nor willing to take care bout that, the company is putting itself six feet under.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 01:04 PM
185 123 ...