Well I am currently using a blackberry keyone black edition (yup,I am an Indian)

But moving from my passport I dont really like it all that much. However I got spoilt by the app choices already.

Would it be good enough for use if I used the following on my passport
    Browsie browser
    Face 10 paid
    Insta 10 paid/ igrann pro
    Whatsapp until December after that whatsup 10 paid
    Messenger 10 paid

Would the experience be alright... I dont expect it to be as good as the keyone but its just that I like the 3 row keyboard better and I keep hitting B when I want to hit spacebar because of passport habits.
    09-03-17 11:51 PM
    "Good enough" is not for anyone to judge other than yourself.
    09-04-17 12:06 AM
    I totally agree with conite.

Having said that, you can count on the app experience getting worse and worse on BB10, with apps suddenly breaking. It isn't great today, and will just get worse.

I'm sure Android and the physical differences of the K1 are a bit frustrating at first, but if you keep using it for a couple of weeks, you'll find that your muscle memory will get updated and soon you won't even remember using the Passport. You just need to get past that initial adjustment period.
    09-04-17 10:57 AM
    OP, you're the one who has it to compare. "Good enough" is entirely up to you to decide. There is nobody else who can decide that for you. Without a doubt, there will still be others using the Passport after this year and it will be "good enough" for them, while on the other hand, there will be people who have made the exact transition that you are debating over because their experience on the Passport was no longer "good enough" for them.

I personally am still using the Classic/Passport and will continue to use them until I cannot any longer. Partly because of my irrational love for BB10 and also because of my wife/budget reasons. (in her defence, I did actually buy way too many devices when BB10 was still in full swing!)
    mf1982 likes this.
    09-04-17 12:02 PM
    The websites might be better for Facebook and Instagram, for WhatsApp you can use the APK (they provide an official download on their site) with this workaround.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...olved-1108531/

Realistically though, it'll be easier longterm to just get used to the Keyone. The experience for these apps can't compare to what you're already getting on Android and as time goes on, it might get worse.
    09-04-17 12:05 PM
    I think you like anyone else it takes to time adjust a new keyboard. If it is just the keyboard then I recommend giving your Passport to a close family member to hold and giving them KEYᵒⁿᵉ a solid go with no choice of going back-and-forth to the Passport. It's a difficult adjustment and people are adaptable but they do not always want to. I guarantee after a month or two you will be flying on it. Adjusting can be frustrating I know...... I too came from a Passport
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-05-17 at 04:50 AM.
    09-04-17 06:19 PM
    Give yourself time to adapt to the new keyboard.... as your going to have to eventually anyway.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-05-17 08:10 AM
    Give yourself time to adapt to the new keyboard.... as your going to have to eventually anyway.
    True that. Only so much more time left that can be spent on BB10. Frustrating I know......
    09-05-17 05:04 PM
    I think you like anyone else it takes to time adjust a new keyboard. If it is just the keyboard then I recommend giving your Passport to a close family member to hold and giving them KEYᵒⁿᵉ a solid go with no choice of going back-and-forth to the Passport. It's a difficult adjustment and people are adaptable but they do not always want to. I guarantee after a month or two you will be flying on it. Adjusting can be frustrating I know...... I too came from a Passport
    That says a lot coming from you Passporter. I literally put my Passport inconveniently away to force me to use my PRIV and not go back to my Passport. It took me about 30 days to retrain my hands from BB10 to BBAndroid. That was 18 months ago. Now, I'll never go back. I will say, I'm a BBAndroid fan but not really of regular Android phones.
    09-05-17 09:04 PM
    That says a lot coming from you Passporter. I literally put my Passport inconveniently away to force me to use my PRIV and not go back to my Passport. It took me about 30 days to retrain my hands from BB10 to BBAndroid. That was 18 months ago. Now, I'll never go back. I will say, I'm a BBAndroid fan but not really of regular Android phones.
    You know how hard that was for me to say? Lol.
    Not sure how much difference there is between regular Android phones and Blackberry Android other than the keyboard. Have to say as far as Hardware the Oneplus 3T does impress.
    09-05-17 09:25 PM
    You know how hard that was for me to say? Lol.
    Not sure how much difference there is between regular Android phones and Blackberry Android other than the keyboard. Have to say as far as Hardware the Oneplus 3T does impress.
    I know it's hard especially when BB10 device is doing what you want it to do. Then one day, it doesn't exactly do what you need. It's like catching spouse or significant other cheating on you.

I've moved from PRIV to DTEK about 3 months ago. I've yet to install BlackBerry software on non-BlackBerry device. I've only bought LG Flagships a couple of times. As long as BlackBerry licenses devices and if AT&T carries them, I'll continue buying them. Extra BlackBerry security hardening allows me to use device without paying for EMM or MDM solutions with certain vendors. I am looking at Nokia Android Flagship for my wife. If she decides she wants it, hopefully I can install BlackBerry software on non-BlackBerry for the first time.
    09-05-17 09:40 PM
    Extra BlackBerry security hardening allows me to use device without paying for EMM or MDM solutions with certain vendors.
    I do like the fact that Blackberry devices are security hardened and that was another consideration I weighed in my decision. Unless I'm mistaken when a device ceases to receive updates from the manufacturer the only other way to stay current is to install updated Custom ROM'S. I like to keep my phone for as long as I choose so this would allow me to eventually play with that an keep my device longer.
    09-06-17 04:52 AM