I recently got the Z30 and installed the 10.2.1.1055 leak, as part of this leak I decided to try installing Android apps. In one of the forums I read about 1Mobile and decided to give it a try, all 4 apps I installed worked as expected, even better than previously sideloaded versions.

However, after this it came to my intention there may be some questions about who 1Mobile is and the security using apps from this site.

After reading this from multiple sources I wanted to delete the apps as I have heard concerns about Android apps and malware. For this reason I decided to do a security wipe of my phone, assuming it would delete everything and I could start from scratch. After this wipe it appears only downloaded apps were removed and my phone is still on the leaked OS not the one that came with the phone. I would like to delete ALL data on my phone and start from scratch with the original or a blank slate and install the leaked OS.

Questions:

1. Can I delete all data from my phone so it resets back to factory settings?

2. Can I delete all data from my phone including the OS, if so can I still load the leak OS from scratch?

My goal is to delete all data in case there is any way that malware would be buried deep inside phone and not removed by traditional wipe.

Thanks you in advance!
    11-25-13 09:19 AM
    security wipe will remove all your data and your phone will become like new
    the os is still on your current os no need to reinstall

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 09:23 AM
    security wipe will remove all your data and your phone will become like new
    the os is still on your current os no need to reinstall

Posted via CB10
    You're 100% correct. It ain't called a SECURITY Wipe for nuthin.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055 O2 UK
    11-25-13 09:37 AM
    Thanks guys, so I make sure I understand correctly, the security wipe eliminates all the data but keeps the leaked OS I installed and I have nothing to worry about in terms of malware etc?
    11-25-13 10:41 AM
    Thanks guys, so I make sure I understand correctly, the security wipe eliminates all the data but keeps the leaked OS I installed and I have nothing to worry about in terms of malware etc?
    Yeah. All the user data is wiped, including any installed sideloads.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 10:45 AM
    Yep, correct, it's like a new phone, nothing on it besides the OS.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055 O2 UK
    11-25-13 10:48 AM
    I would suggest reloading the leak vs. performing a security wipe. There is an issue with doing a security wipe on 10.2.1.1055.

If you do that, you will have an issue sending MMS.

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.2.1.1055
    11-25-13 10:58 AM
    I would suggest reloading the leak vs. performing a security wipe. There is an issue with doing a security wipe on 10.2.1.1055.

If you do that, you will have an issue sending MMS.

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.2.1.1055
    Not sure about that, but if one has the time, then they can load the OS, run a security wipe and load it again to pin down the issue. If MMS works after the second load, then the usual leak process can just have an extra step added to the end to make sure everything works smoothly.
    11-25-13 11:35 AM
    Not sure about that, but if one has the time, then they can load the OS, run a security wipe and load it again to pin down the issue. If MMS works after the second load, then the usual leak process can just have an extra step added to the end to make sure everything works smoothly.
    I loaded the 10.2.1.1055 leak and performed a security wipe like i would do normally with leaks. I couldn't send MMS. I reloaded the leak and that corrected the issue.
    11-25-13 11:38 AM
    Thanks for the answers, I wasn't sure if malware/viruses could affect and implant themselves within the OS somehow and if doing so they could avoid being removed even with a security wipe. I hope this is correct.
    11-25-13 03:05 PM