I disabled the protect feature and deleted my bb id from logging to blackberry site but when i am trying to wipe the phone it is asking my bb password.I can see my protect feature is off but when i press security wipe it shows two things one is Encrypt media card will become inaccessible if the device is wiped please decrypt then and second one says The blackberry protect anti feature is on ,to delete data ,you will need to enter your bb id .plz help me.
    02-26-20 05:45 AM
    I disabled the protect feature and deleted my bb id from logging to blackberry site but when i am trying to wipe the phone it is asking my bb password.I can see my protect feature is off but when i press security wipe it shows two things one is Encrypt media card will become inaccessible if the device is wiped please decrypt then and second one says The blackberry protect anti feature is on ,to delete data ,you will need to enter your bb id .plz help me.
    Are you sure it's ask for your password or is it asking for you to type "Blackberry " ? I made that mistake once and laughed
    02-26-20 07:11 AM
    When online, did you actually DELETE your BBID, or did you just remove your device from Protect?
    02-26-20 07:55 AM
    When online, did you actually DELETE your BBID, or did you just remove your device from Protect?
    This is very interesting. If one wants to sell their device, how can they actually delete their BBID so that the phone goes to the new owner totally clean and they can set it up with their own BBID? I know we've been through this, but I can't find the relevant thread now....
    02-26-20 10:56 AM
    This is very interesting. If one wants to sell their device, how can they actually delete their BBID so that the phone goes to the new owner totally clean and they can set it up with their own BBID? I know we've been through this, but I can't find the relevant thread now....
    You should never delete a BBID until you are certain the device has been properly set up with a new BBID. Otherwise, it will remain a brick for all time.
    02-26-20 11:04 AM
    You should never delete a BBID until you are certain the device has been properly set up with a new BBID. Otherwise, it will remain a brick for all time.
    I am afraid I lost you now....if I want to sell one of my BB10 devices, my BBID needs to go away so that the new owner can set it up and add their own BBID, correct? So, if I don't somehow delete my BBID from the said device, how can the new owner set up the phone? I am confused.....
    02-26-20 11:19 AM
    ....Unless the answer is, first wipe clean my phone and use Sachesi to autoload again the software and then deliver the phone???
    02-26-20 11:21 AM
    Correction. Not Sachesi, just use the autoloader file I have....
    02-26-20 11:24 AM
    Correction. Not Sachesi, just use the autoloader file I have....
    If you delete the BBID before you are absolutely sure the new user has been able to setup cleanly without being asked for the previous BBID, then the phone is a brick.
    02-26-20 11:31 AM
    If you delete the BBID before you are absolutely sure the new user has been able to setup cleanly without being asked for the previous BBID, then the phone is a brick.
    In that case, it would be immensely useful if you could lay out the necessary steps for this to go smoothly.

Many thanks in advance.
    02-26-20 11:35 AM
    In that case, it would be immensely useful if you could lay out the necessary steps for this to go smoothly.

Many thanks in advance.
    There's really no reason to ever delete your BBID.

Just disable protect on your device, make sure it completes and remains off. Then remove the device from your Protect account online.

Reboot the device to make sure it remains off. If it does, then run an autoloader.

If something goes wrong and the next user still has to enter your BBID, at least it still exists.
    Last edited by conite; 02-26-20 at 12:26 PM.
    02-26-20 11:56 AM
    Just able protect on your device
    I take it you mean 'disable', right?

Anyways, many thanks for this! I don't plan on selling any device in the near future, but one never knows....
    02-26-20 12:12 PM
    I take it you mean 'disable', right?
    Fixed. Thx
    02-26-20 12:26 PM