Hi,

I receive from time to time emails with textfile attachments which have 'weird' extensions like *.lcs (for licenses).
    When I try to open them in the Hub, I get the message that no viewer is registered. When saving the, I cannot open them in the file explorer or any other app I have.
    Renaming the extension does not work either.

Any ideas how I can view these attachments on the BlackBerry device?
    02-04-14 05:41 AM
    I don't believe the BB has the capability to open docs like these extensions you mention. Have you tried using DocsToGo? What do you open them with on your desktop?

Also, if they are attached to your email, do they not open in the hub? Ah i see it gives you an error message. Hmmmm. Have you ever opened this type of extension on your BB before?
    02-04-14 05:59 AM
    Hi allwi!
    if you have the latest 10.2.1 update/leak, then you should be able to set an association between the file type and an app.
    I'm just testing it right now and must say I'm supposed to have an "open with" option, as described in the "default Apps" tab of the App Manager settings.
    Will quest for further info, stay tuned
    allwi likes this.
    02-04-14 06:00 AM
    Hi allwi!
    if you have the latest 10.2.1 update/leak, then you should be able to set an association between the file type and an app.
    I'm just testing it right now and must say I'm supposed to have an "open with" option, as described in the "default Apps" tab of the App Manager settings.
    Will quest for further info, stay tuned
    Sounds good - but I don't get this 'open with' option.
    I found out that I can rename the extension of the file when I don't use 'Rename' but 'Properties/Rename' in the file explorer. So I have a workaround - but a pretty dodgy one ...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-04-14 05:09 PM
    Sounds good - but I don't get this 'open with' option.
    I found out that I can rename the extension of the file when I don't use 'Rename' but 'Properties/Rename' in the file explorer. So I have a workaround - but a pretty dodgy one ...
    cool, at least there's one possible solution
    No return yet to my query, sry.
    02-04-14 06:21 PM