I'm considering purchasing another Blackberry device. What can I expect to seamlessly work when I swap SIM cards between the two? I'm expecting things like SMS, call history, app data, and browser data not to be in sync.

Any other pros and cons?

Thanks
    01-15-15 12:51 PM
    Which two devices? Some have the nano SIM while others have the micro SIM.
    01-15-15 01:39 PM
    BBM will definitely be a problem: you can't have the same account active on two devices. At least for now.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    01-15-15 02:09 PM
    It's much better to buy a duo-sim.

It's two SIM cards for the same number.
    Only one can be active at a time. Usually the last one turned has the connection.
    This way, instead of swapping, you just turn the network on and off.

For me, this is for the Passport and my android phone.

This method is often used for cars, too, when one card is in the car for fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-15-15 02:10 PM
    Why using 2 different BlackBerry devices?

Z 30
    01-15-15 04:07 PM
    I currently use 2 devices. Mainly because I'm torn between my z30 and passport. The only benefit is that i have the fun of using 2 devices. Other than that, it's a bit of a pain. Your email accounts will sync on both as will other standard accounts like LinkedIn. Sms will only show on the active Sim at the time. The other problem is that you can only use BBM on one devic,e unless You have a different BlackBerry ID for each phone. If you use the same, your chats will he deleted each time you switch to the other phone. Similar situation with whatsapp. honestly, it's a bit of a pain.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    01-15-15 04:21 PM

Only one can be active at a time. Usually the last one turned has the connection.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't that illegal?
    01-15-15 04:23 PM
    I currently use 2 devices. Mainly because I'm torn between my z30 and passport. The only benefit is that i have the fun of using 2 devices. Other than that, it's a bit of a pain. Your email accounts will sync on both as will other standard accounts like LinkedIn. Sms will only show on the active Sim at the time. The other problem is that you can only use BBM on one devic,e unless You have a different BlackBerry ID for each phone. If you use the same, your chats will he deleted each time you switch to the other phone. Similar situation with whatsapp. honestly, it's a bit of a pain.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I expected some things to be a pain. I was just wondering which pain to worry about. I don't use whatsapp or BBM. Just Phone, SMS, and E-mail for communication. It appears that SMS would be the only thing that would be irritating if I needed information from an older text message housed on the other phone.

Decisions decisions.
    01-15-15 04:39 PM
    Thanks, I expected some things to be a pain. I was just wondering which pain to worry about. I don't use whatsapp or BBM. Just Phone, SMS, and E-mail for communication. It appears that SMS would be the only thing that would be irritating if I needed information from an older text message housed on the other phone.

Decisions decisions.
    I have my SMS messages copied to email, ymmv based on your service provider. You can then set up a filter to tag those messages and file them in their own folder, at least for reference purposes.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    01-15-15 05:15 PM

Decisions decisions.
    What if you backup your sms using ultimate backup app on BlackBerry World then sync the files on Dropbox/Box/OneDrive. Get the backup file on the other phone using the same apps.

I'm not sure what will happen on the sms message not on the backup file. Will they be deleted? I'm not sure. It's for you to try my idea.

Other problem is that you need to always do this when you are switching phones. But hey. If you really want it.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:50 PM
    I'm going to keep that suggestion in mind. That's actually a good idea.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 12:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a friend who wanted something like this. But he wanted to clone his sim. Wanted to be able to take whatever phone he felt like that day. But nobody will do it now. Plus apparently the way the cards are coded, it isn't possible, or at least very hard.

Does anybody know if Rogers or bell offer duo sims?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 06:42 AM
    I don't think rogers has a duo sim card, not sure about bell though..
    01-16-15 01:08 PM
    DUO SIM:
    Here at the mobile network provider, you just ask that you want a Duo-SIM.

You pay 15 Euros, they scrap the old sim, and give the two new SIM cards.

This service exist for ages, since there is GSM.

Why would this be illegal?! I don't understand that comment.

Downside:
    Non-cloud services, text, whatsapp, etc. are best to be installed only on one phone. All the rest, calendar, contacts, facebook can live in the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 03:44 AM
    Duo sim wouldn't work for me. I want to use two phones, not one. Not to mention that it isn't available here.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 06:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Actually WhatsApp is restorable. Haven't found a solution for BBM however

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 11:33 AM
    I've been switching between bb10 phones on almost a bi-weekly basis. The only thing I do is I designate one primary phone. So if I have an important picture or message, I make sure to transfer those to the main phone.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    01-18-15 10:22 AM
    Whatsapp can be restored to the same platform, and you lose all data that was done after the restore point. So it restore 100% the backup file.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 01:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Since the two phones use different size sim cards, how do you go about switching between z30 and passport?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:26 AM
    Redundant, I suppose that's the right word

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:37 AM
    Since the two phones use different size sim cards, how do you go about switching between z30 and passport?

Posted via CB10
    My nano sim from T-Mobile came with several adapters to use for swapping it into other devices.
    02-19-15 03:02 AM
    I use the Q10 and Passport. I have a Data contract which permits me to carry 3 phones that ring at the same time (same number) but only one is "master" on which I recieve sms. I can give a code *222# (T-Mobile/Germany) in any of my phones that permits to switch the sms function to the phone. But sms remain saved as they are. I mean if I went out on monday and took the Q10 with me, activated its sms function, the recieved text messages from a friend stay on it. When I swith the sms to the Passport say on Thursday, I have older sms and recieved sms... if I recontact say, my friend again, I reciev the text, but I can't read the whole conversation since monday...
    In Germany, Magenta1... up to 3 sim cards, hotspot use, 5 GB of Data, about 70 EUR... expensive but I need it!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    02-19-15 03:16 AM
    My nano sim from T-Mobile came with several adapters to use for swapping it into other devices.
    You can get an extra sim for a fee... no need to switch... my wife paid only once for an extra sim card... explain that it is for a second phone, when on the go or for the car... and ask if Data is permitted!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    02-19-15 03:18 AM
    You can get an extra sim for a fee... no need to switch... my wife paid only once for an extra sim card... explain that it is for a second phone, when on the go or for the car... and ask if Data is permitted!

That won't work here in the USA. Nice that you have options. Someone earlier also mentioned getting a "duosim". Again, that doesn't exist here either.

T-Mobile seems to include adapters because that's how it is here if you have more than one device.
    anischab likes this.
    02-19-15 03:25 AM