Every bb10 instagram app will not allow an already recorded video to be uploaded. I even have the instagram from the playstore but the upload fails. How can I upload my existing video successfully?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 11:20 AM
    That's funny cuz I use the IG app from GPS (via Snap) and the video upload works fine. Just have to trim it's length.

I select the video in the Videos app. Then tap the share button. And select IG. The rest works fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 11:37 AM
    Mine doesn't work unfortunately. Any other options?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 12:18 PM
    Mine Doesnt work either i have the newest IG

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 01:35 PM
    I'm on OS 10.3.2.2639.

Which OS is on your phone?

I'm using Instagram 7.12.1 which just came out but the previous version also allowed video editing.

Which IG version are you running?

To trim a video, first you select the video from your folders (camera folder, video folder, etc.).

The first page that comes up is the crop page. When you skip over the crop page, it takes you to the edit page.

Once you're on the edit page, tap on the scissors icon. It brings up a scroll panel with little white "brackets" at either end. ("Brackets" isn't really the right word but each one is represented by a vertical white line with a big white dot in the middle of the line.)

Drag the left bracket towards the right to trim off some of the video from the beginning. Drag the right bracket towards the left to trim off some of the video from the end.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 12:09 PM
    That's funny cuz I use the IG app from GPS (via Snap) and the video upload works fine. Just have to trim it's length.

I select the video in the Videos app. Then tap the share button. And select IG. The rest works fine.

Posted via CB10
    This doesn't work for me, at least not when you're selecting pre-recorded video from the gallery. I can go through the whole process of trimming/editing the video, filling out the description etc., but once I try to upload it says "Upload Failed". I tried Instagram 7.12.1 like your other post said but it's still not cooperating. Is 7.12.1 still allowing video uploads from the gallery for you?
    12-21-15 05:03 PM
    This doesn't work for me, at least not when you're selecting pre-recorded video from the gallery. I can go through the whole process of trimming/editing the video, filling out the description etc., but once I try to upload it says "Upload Failed". I tried Instagram 7.12.1 like your other post said but it's still not cooperating. Is 7.12.1 still allowing video uploads from the gallery for you?
    That's exactly what happens to me to

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 10:25 AM
    I think he means that you should trim the video first using the native video editing feature of BlackBerry 10 or any other video editing app before uploading to instaGram.

So you'll have two files. The original video and the trimmed video. The trimmed video is the one should be uploaded.

Don't use the trimming capability of instaGram by uploading a long video, I think that's the difference from what he's doing.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 07:38 PM
    Nope, the IG app from GPS works perfectly for editing or trimming the length of a video. But it won't work if your OS is not up to date or if you have an older IG version or if you have spotty or slow wifi or mobile data.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 02:43 PM