Hey folks I heard link has a new update and I was quite happy actually cause my last link version prior to this wouldn't let me back-up my z10.

Now I've opened up link and searched tabs preferences etc and can't seem to find anywhere where to update or check for updates!

In my opinion this however small dilemma might be for some is what separates let's say apple with BlackBerry. Apple products expecially for upgrading is so user friendly on PC at least.

That's all for now. And oh yeah if anybody wishes to point me in the right direction that would be kindly appreciated ad well.

Cheers folks

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 09:21 AM
    top right, click on preferences, under the general tab you should see "Automatically download updates for your device software and BlackBerry Link"
    02-13-14 09:46 AM
    I just download the installer again from the BlackBerry website.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 09:49 AM
    top right, click on preferences, under the general tab you should see "Automatically download updates for your device software and BlackBerry Link"
    I have already did this but doesnt show it starts any updates. I also closed Blackberry Linki and reopened it and nothing. Still the same old version installed. Do i have to run it from the blackberry website or something??
    02-13-14 11:48 AM
    I have already did this but doesnt show it starts any updates. I also closed Blackberry Linki and reopened it and nothing. Still the same old version installed. Do i have to run it from the blackberry website or something??
    Just download it from BlackBerry site, make sure Link is not running and install the new one on top, it will remove automatically the old version while retaining your settings.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 01:26 PM
    That's what I ended up doing. Installed it off BlackBerry website. Installed properly and more importantly this new Link version allowed me to back up my z10.

Always abit more comforting knowing things are backed up once and awhile.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 07:56 PM