My version of Dolphin requires you to right click on "network", then "add entry". I don't see a place to enter the address as you indicated. Otherwise it works as you said.

Posted via CB10
    Ctrl + L

10char

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 11:48 PM
    Ctrl + L

10char

Posted via CB10
    Control+L work fine, though now I have the blackberry saved as a network device and won't need that keyboard shortcut.

They saved one stinkin' line by hiding it and forcing the user to enter control + L.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 12:06 AM
    Control+L work fine, though now I have the blackberry saved as a network device and won't need that keyboard shortcut.

They saved one stinkin' line by hiding it and forcing the user to enter control + L.

Posted via CB10
    It's not hidden, you just didn't know that you can double click the path bar to type your own path in.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 02:08 PM
    Sorry guys. I should of probably said. I have the places panel open. In there is the Network icon where you can select from a variety of options, one of which is network folder, I think

Via my Zed30
    04-23-14 02:59 PM
    And you can also click in the address bar and manually enter the address.

Via my Zed30
    04-23-14 03:02 PM
    You might as well use the network icon and have it saved permanently.

In linux, there are usually half a dozen ways to do the same thing.

If you have the app "signal", you can see all the network addresses. If you don't enable storage, you get an IP address that is meant for BlackBerry bridge.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 07:23 PM
    1)
    Install smbclient.
    Open a terminal, and type pacman -S samba smbclient for archlinux, or apt-get install samba smbclient for ubuntu/mint/debian.

2)
    Connect your Z10 to your computer via USB. In the Z10, go to Settings -> About -> Network to get your USB ip address. Make sure you configure your Z10 for sharing in Settings->Storage and Access
    Make note of the following: Your username, password, workgroup, and device name.

3)
    Type the following (Replace the IP address with your USB's ip address)
    $ smbclient -L 169.254.139.229 -U%

Your output should look like something this:
    Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.37]
    Sharename Type Comment
    --------- ---- -------
    IPC$ IPC IPC Service (Samba (BlackBerry-Z10))
    removable_sdcard Disk removable_media_SDCARD
    media Disk media <-- This is what I want...
    Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.37]

As you can see, we have some information regarding the media and sdcard folders on the Z10. Let's connect to the media folder by mounting it to our computer.

4)
    Create a mount directory:
    $ sudo mkdir /mnt/z10

5)
    Connect:
    $ sudo mount -t cifs //BlackBerry-Z10/media /mnt/z10 -o user=BillieBob,password=bl@ckb3rry,workgroup=WORKG ROUP,ip=169.254.139.229

6)
    Now you can navigate with nautilus, dolphin, nemo (whatever file browser you use) to /mnt/z10 and get your files.

7)
    When you are done, don't forget to unmount your drive.
    $ sudo umount /mnt/z10

Hope this helps someone out there... I found this works very well and I have a super-fast connection to my Z10 doing it this way.
    WolfangAukang likes this.
    05-13-14 01:39 PM
    In Ubuntu I just turned on mass storage mode and hooked her up. Instantly accessible as a drive.

Sent from my Z10 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-13-14 04:53 PM
    With Opensuse, smb is there for Dolphin to access windows files. The daemon is not installed. That is only done if you are establishing full time smb shares. So the procedure in the previous posts is all I required.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 10:59 AM
    Out of 34 posts, most of them repetitive and/or confrontational, only one is mentioning "udev" rules. At the risk of inciting even more confrontation and repetition, I signed up to ask if anyone has any ideas/news or specific cause for the limitation of the udev-rules approach. Thanks for all constructive comments.
    05-16-14 04:45 PM
    What are you trying to do with a udev rule?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 10:29 AM
    I just plug my BlackBerry Q5 into my notebook computer and select Storage and Sharing to activate and it automatically mounts as another external USB hard drive giving me access to the media card.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    05-17-14 06:32 PM
    I use an app called FTP Server, subtitle FTP Server for BlackBerry PlayBook, written by Ilango Arthanari, available from BB World without any costs.

When you start it it tells you a local FTP address and a special port (2121). If you connect your favourite PC-FTP-client-application to this address you have immediately access to your whole device. (Again: both devices must be in the same wifi network for this, this is the only condition.)
    Thanks so much for this tip. Had been trying lots of methods to see the internal storage via buntu, this worked flawlessly.

Now, anyone have a straightforward way to "see" the files stored on my buntu desktop via my z10?

That way I could transfer songs to the phone from the comfort of my couch

I imagine this could be done with an Ftp client on the z10...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 09:19 PM
    Okay I see there are some Ftp client apps but they don't seem to have good reviews like the server app mentioned above. Maybe we could do it via browser

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 09:28 PM
    In Ubuntu I just turned on mass storage mode and hooked her up. Instantly accessible as a drive.
    Weird. I'm trying it but it only appears as a network connection. Maybe it could be Nautilus (I'm using Thunar), unless you are using another file manager.
    11-27-14 10:27 AM
40 12