Thanks for the info Makaveli86!
    When you say both your calendars, what do you mean?. I had gmail calendar setup with 2 of 'my' calendars and 2 'shared' calendars. I thought only your primary would come through. I have since switched to outlook calendar and I get all 4 calendars perfectly.

Also, do you have a shared or paid 'apps' account? Have you tried sync select?

Thanks in advance!
    I have a free google account lol no google apps paid stuff
    email is @gmail.com not my own domain
    essentially what i am saying is that now it works as it is supposed to and exactly the same as outlook.com

Just to add a bit more info to this; you can use the below link to select which calendars show up on your device.

https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect
    yes this sync select link that i also posted at some point in this thread (or maybe one of the other few threads on the same topic) is where i chose MY main calendar and MY test calendar i made online in google calendar for testing purposes. I don't have any SHARED calendars to test lol

Both of these calendars come through with the new leaked os .648 instantly and also have confirmed two way sync through out the day (no more 2 way sync breaking itself randomly BS like it was on the official OS release that the z10 shipped with)
    they are also named "GTalk" calendars now

so for those who switched completely u could still just use outlook.com as it using exchange active sync for all 3 (email, calendar, contacts) i believe and not the google combination of IMAP/CardDAV/CalDAV

cuz in google IMAP i noticed if you delete an email it isnt actually deleted and sent to trash. It jus gets rid of the "inbox" label and stays in limbo
    example, click the "all mail" label and those emails you thought you had deleted will show up
    02-27-13 04:06 PM
    Awesome info. Thanks! Looking forward to the next update. Can't be far off, needs to be done before they release to the US.

I'm kind of on the fence about going back to gmail calendar... we'll see. I do prefer active sync and that leaves me with outlook., but I hate being stuck between the two.

I use shared calendars for my sons travel hockey team, so that's important to sync with my phone.

Thanks again.
    and I don't think I can say it enough. I love typing on the z10. Amazing keyboard. Really!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:02 PM
    cuz in google IMAP i noticed if you delete an email it isnt actually deleted and sent to trash. It jus gets rid of the "inbox" label and stays in limbo
    example, click the "all mail" label and those emails you thought you had deleted will show up
    This is equivalent to what gmail calls "archive"--mail goes from inbox to "all mail".

Anyone who actually uses gmail archive, as I do, won't like it turned into a wastebasket.
    02-27-13 09:13 PM
    Update worked like a charm. Thanks makaveli86 and just_luc.
    Now there is an official update from Rogers and other carriers that is later than the leaked OS.
    Perhaps this should get reflected in the OP.
    02-28-13 08:22 PM
    Yup, it seems the issues must have been on Blackberry's side after all because the latest OS update solves all these issues. Calendars are adding instantly and achieving 2 way sync right away, so this thread and all the work that has gone into is now more or less useless..

I will update post 1 to reflect the above when I get in front of a PC later today.

NOTE if you hadn't yet achieved, or had lost your 2 way sync.. deleting and re-adding the calendar after the OS upgrade may be required.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 07:06 AM
    Yup, it seems the issues must have been on Blackberry's side after all because the latest OS update solves all these issues. Calendars are adding instantly and achieving 2 way sync right away, so this thread and all the work that has gone into is now more or less useless..

I will update post 1 to reflect the above when I get in front of a PC later today.

NOTE if you hadn't yet achieved, or had lost your 2 way sync.. deleting and re-adding the calendar after the OS upgrade may be required.

Posted via CB10
    After the OS update my calendars got duplicated. Assuming it is safe to delete and re add the accounts right away to fix this, or still wait the 24 hours?
    03-01-13 07:58 AM
    After the OS update my calendars got duplicated. Assuming it is safe to delete and re add the accounts right away to fix this, or still wait the 24 hours?
    It seems you can now delete and re - adding right away.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 08:01 AM
    Glad I had faith to hang on in there and hope that all would come good in the end.. Now have two-way synch on both contacts and calendar. I set up accounts in the simplest way. Initially the sync was only laptop to Z10 but two way for contacts. Now it is two-way for calendar as well. Taken a few days for it to settle down. Initially the device only showed two claendars - Local and BBM but nw it shows a third one - gmail..It would now be great if Z10 calendar also reproduced the coresponding colours for entries as on my laptop and gave option for coloured entries on the Z10. But not important. I think this Z10 could be a real winner.
    03-04-13 05:54 PM
    My shared Gmail calenders aren't syncing since the update, I had changed them to IMAP (and used a tip in another thread) but have reverted to EAS.
    Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 07:16 PM
    i had standard gmail account and after updating to the new os it still behave like previously where new emails in subfolder didn't showed in the hub unless i explicitly select that folder in the hub.

anyone still having this problem?
    03-05-13 09:30 PM
    i had standard gmail account and after updating to the new os it still behave like previously where new emails in subfolder didn't showed in the hub unless i explicitly select that folder in the hub.

anyone still having this problem?
    I wouldn't exactly call that a calendar issue.

That's how I expect it to work. If I don't want the email in my gmail inbox, why would I want it in my hub?

You could change your filter to label the mail but not skip the inbox. Then if you delete it from the hub, it will remain in the folder for that label.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 12:53 AM
    Just got my freaking OS updated from BELL...

Enabled all my calendars on gmail sync select (https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect), deleted and readded my gmail accounts. Multiple "my calendars" and "shared calenders" working perfectly in 2 way sync on 'free' gmail account (no google apps).

All is right in the world again... many thanks BB.
    torpesco and rubai like this.
    03-07-13 02:18 PM
    I should have looked for an update on this issue before changing my account last night.

I reverted back from EAS to the default config. What was weird is that I was getting shared calendar for my google account (through work) but not my personal calendar. I deleted and then re-added as EAS. Now I'll just wait for a while before re-trying.
    03-08-13 10:27 AM
    As long as you gave the latest os update you don't need to wait. All gmail calendar issues have been resolved.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 07:08 PM
    As long as you gave the latest os update you don't need to wait. All gmail calendar issues have been resolved.

Posted via CB10
    You sure? Cause mine still isn't working.
    03-08-13 08:29 PM
    Yes for me. I installed 10.0.10.85 and rebooted. Deleted my gmail account and re added.

No problems at all! Picked my 4 calendars on sync select and 2 way sync on both my personal Cal plus my 2 showing up perfect. It does take a few minutes to sync up all of them but that's normal.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 12:15 AM
    I'm in a bizarre state of 'kind of working.' CalDav works fine on my PlayBook. ALL my calendars show up beautifully. On my Z10, only the shared calendars I'm syncing show up. My personal calendar doesn't show a thing.

To make matters more bizarre, when I receive a new calendar invite (I've already received 5 in the past 2 hrs), I can accept on my PlayBook and they show up on my Z10. If I accept on my Z10, the acceptance shows up on PlayBook. If I accept on the gmail interface, the calendar does not appear on my Z10 calendar.

I'm a little stumped...
    03-11-13 09:32 AM
    I can't understand what is my problem with the sync. In my case, the Calendars all show up but I can see ANY events. If I enter an event on the Z10 it shows up in both Outlook and Google right away, but nothing comes from them into the Z10. Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Your situation may be unique, I'm not sure I completely understand what you are saying but we can chat about it offline if you need help with it. For the purposes of this thread though, the above instructions work 100% for gmail users with a standard setup.
    04-01-13 11:03 AM
    vitikin,
    I am having a similar problem as you and am running os 10.85. Only some calendar events com from Google initially. Then some events entered into gmail calendar do not get sent to the Z10.
    04-09-13 03:03 PM
    The update only works for a day or two. By day 3 the 2 way sync is not going to work any longer. I've been trying to get it to work for 2 weeks already. Sometimes the calendar events all magical appear but then disappear the next day.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:11 AM
    when i add my gmail account i can NOT choose to sync calendars and contacts, after i entered my emailaddress and password. it just shows "email" in the end, when i look at my installed accounts. this was NOT the case before i wiped my phone. that's a new issue and i don't know how to change that.
    06-05-13 05:57 PM
    Guys, this may seem as a bit of a strange question, but is it possible that this behaviour applies to more CalDav accounts?
    I have rid myself of Big G and am using an alternative service (Fruux) but I have some really weird behaviour when I try to set up the calendar that I don't have with other programs. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you for any insights you can offer.
    08-12-13 05:27 AM
    Not sure, couldn't find it in this thread. How do you setup a google calendar with two step authentication. I could not find any details that worked and wasn't out of date. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    10-16-13 05:31 PM
    Not sure, couldn't find it in this thread. How do you setup a google calendar with two step authentication. I could not find any details that worked and wasn't out of date. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    For 2 step authentication everything is the same accept for you need to enter an application specific password in the password field. That said, this thread is very old and references a time when the original OS 10.0 was not properly behaving with google. These issues have long since been fixed, so you can easily just add a google account through the one step wizard which will prompt for your 2 step auth code, and automatically add a gmail, google contacts and google calendar for that address.
    10-17-13 03:44 PM
174 ... 567